well? are traders smart?

he's got his foot on top of the guys foot under the table and puts pressure on it when he says ''do you feel the pressure''

yeah, guess Keith Barry was looking to pick someone who looks easily influenced and I think the black socks with white sandals were a give away :LOL: No idea how he does some of the other stuff but bet its not a normal blindfold

The close up card magician on there, Lennart Green is amazing (and funny).

Bet they are extremely intellegient but doesnt mean they would make good traders

I think, the best word to say is: WISE. The traders would and should be wise enough on handling trading. They should know how to bid, buy and sell. They should make a wise decision, before they do things, which they would not regret in the end. Some other traders are honest, but some are not. Some just grab their opportunity to corrupt others. They are making use of their skills for not so good things. But, not all traders are like that. It is good that we'll be able to find a trader who is honest. Traders are intelligent on doing their job. They study every bit of it, if they would earn, or, what strategy they must do. So, to sum this up, they are the WISE TRADERS. =D

Off course they are smart that's why they are surviving in the market.

There are lots of very smart people who cannot trade or have failed at trading. Intelligence is helpful but not the key factor. Discipline and focus, for example, are far more important.

You don't need to be smart. As long as you've been to flight school you'll be fine.

Pick a price and trade the f*cker. There are good market prices, these prices are where the real wedge lies.

1%? Faggots trade 1%.

1% is just numerical, it doesn't mean anything.

Anyone know maths?
If so I'm stuck on this question:confused:
Given that the volume of a cylinder is pi times radius squared times height,
And that the volume of a sphere is 4/3 times pi times radius cubed.
A cylinder with diameter 10cm, Height 20cm, Half full with water (at 10cm).
3200 ball bearings are added and now the water is 18cm high.
What is the radius of 1 ball bearing?
Thought this was as good a place as any to ask!
Would I be right in thinking the volume of 1 ball bearing is 1/16pi?

why?

Assuming all spheres get underwater, I got r = 0.36cm, dont think you should have pi in the answer

Change in volume of fluid = volume of spheres added

pi*(5^2)*8 = 3200*(4/3)*pi*(r^3) then solve or r?

Last edited:
why?

Assuming all spheres get underwater, I got r = 0.36cm, dont think you should have pi in the answer

Change in volume of fluid = volume of spheres added

pi*(5^2)*8 = 3200*(4/3)*pi*(r^3) then solve or r?

200 = (12800/3)*r^3
1 = (64/3)*r^3
3/64 = r^3
0.36 = r

Got the same!

The primary reason for the failure of the vast majority of "traditional" High IQ traders is that they lack a high "emotional" IQ or E-IQ. A so-called genius level E-IQ is extremely rare and it is the highest attribute of long term successful traders.

A fraction of a percent of active traders have this attribute. A heuristic to determine a high E-IQ is the ability to remain focused and calm during times of high anxiety. High E-IQs do not anger and are impossible to provoke. These on the ones whom exceed the "Right Stuff" standard.

I would feel extremely confident that there is not a single member or contributor on this site which possesses an E-IQ at this level. It is not difficult to master puzzles and standardize testing problems with enough practice and short cut solutions, but emotional intelligence is like an artistic ability. Some can draw or sing but most can't draw a circle or carry a tune. Here is a test: if you are extremely good at solving any mathematical problem and you are the master of any analytic reasoning scenario but you have little patience for those whom you feel are not as intellectual as you are... you may need more work on you E-IQ and it is highly likely that as a trader you will suffer a terminal draw down at some point.

To put it in terms you will understand; Hubris will doom all "smart" traders.

The primary reason for the failure of the vast majority of "traditional" High IQ traders is that they lack a high "emotional" IQ or E-IQ. A so-called genius level E-IQ is extremely rare and it is the highest attribute of long term successful traders.

A fraction of a percent of active traders have this attribute. A heuristic to determine a high E-IQ is the ability to remain focused and calm during times of high anxiety. High E-IQs do not anger and are impossible to provoke. These on the ones whom exceed the "Right Stuff" standard.

I would feel extremely confident that there is not a single member or contributor on this site which possesses an E-IQ at this level. It is not difficult to master puzzles and standardize testing problems with enough practice and short cut solutions, but emotional intelligence is like an artistic ability. Some can draw or sing but most can't draw a circle or carry a tune. Here is a test: if you are extremely good at solving any mathematical problem and you are the master of any analytic reasoning scenario but you have little patience for those whom you feel are not as intellectual as you are... you may need more work on you E-IQ and it is highly likely that as a trader you will suffer a terminal draw down at some point.

To put it in terms you will understand; Hubris will doom all "smart" traders.

I'll be the first to say i dont have the E-IQ for trading. I guess i should stop making 50%+ a year.

Without level of intelligence there won't be success in trading. The main act on trading resided on the capacity to analyze situations of companies and provide a effective decisions . Most of the people I know are extremely smart and intelligent enough.