Warm up trading - everyday

forexopia

I was wondering if anybody does some "warm-up" trading before diving in with real money. Ofcourse, when I say warm-up i mean demo-account trading for a few sessions.

I seem to gather more pips after I made a few losses early on - and this evidently has become a pattern - most days I close higher than my losses - but there are days I have made much more gains - but doesn't feel like it bcoz I have just broke even or even under.

Does anybody else go through this? - if so! - what do you typically do to get over the early losses? - your thoughts are welcome.

I put on my trades on my demo-account first and see how it plays. I then go to my live account to place the trade if it works out ok on demo.

It's also because I use another platform for charting which is different from that of the fx broker where I have my real account. I do plan on opening an account with the former, though, sometime soon (out of guilt, LOL).

Perhaps for "warm up" you could go over your strategy, your plan, remember your money management plan, and psycologically prep yourself for the trading.
Then when you see the trade line up, Bang! You're all ready to go.

Try taking only one trade/day over 3 days, but keep watching the market till the close.
This worked for a friend.

why not play with microlots for your "warm up". you are more careful than when playing with demo.

I signed up to their free trial and my ***** shrank by two inches. Coincidence? I think not.