W. Bush: Destroyer of the US Empire

If were really talking about empirical plays and we're not too scared to talk about it.

America is about to make major play in Iran. Surround, devide, conquer.

If you look on a map, Iran in between Iraq & Afganistan. Both these were weaker than Iran, and Iran is there main goal. So having watched spartan movies growing up, I can tell you 'they' knew Iran would be strong to make a direct assault on, so instead and by strategy they're going to surround then go straight down the middle.

It'll be just like a football play.

If you look at the numbers Iran is major world entity, they just don't know it. Go to the CIA website and compare there holdings and Natural Gas, Crude Oil, FX & Gold reserves and you'll see there numbers are far greater then some of the So called potential super powers.

They have more NG then us, they 7x's the Oil and just as much Cash.
Some major action is about to go down.

DT

My understanding of an empire constitutes the ability to build not destroy...

With this gun ho - shootem up approach hordes of barbarians comes to mind. Instead of being on foot or perhaps like the Vikings they come in big boats.

The American super-power was built on economic might.

In our modern era it is economic might that makes super powers not military. The point about the Davos article is this economic power is shifting...

The USA is like a spoilt fat kid in a global world who wants to hog all the toys and throws a tantrum kicking and scratching at any child that comes close to share. All the kids then run out side to play and he is left all alone surrounded by dead toys...

Very sad... Very sad indeed... :cry:
My understanding of an Empire, is that Empires destroy.

This empire does destroy and is going to continue to destroy. These guys are Gunslingers, they don't mess around.

The reality is that in a million years nothing has changed. The ground is owned by the one wielding to biggest stick. Not the one living up to a ethical code.

Don't blame me, I'm just paying attention.

My understanding of an empire constitutes the ability to build not destroy... :cry:

....I agree.......Arnold Toynbee has written some great essays about this issue....And it is worth reading.....

....But then he was writing in another age but modern post Cold War worls is a lot different than his age....

...Nevertheless....he is a good read...

My understanding of an empire constitutes the ability to build not destroy...

With this gun ho - shootem up approach hordes of barbarians comes to mind. Instead of being on foot or perhaps like the Vikings they come in big boats.

The American super-power was built on economic might.

In our modern era it is economic might that makes super powers not military. The point about the Davos article is this economic power is shifting...

The USA is like a spoilt fat kid in a global world who wants to hog all the toys and throws a tantrum kicking and scratching at any child that comes close to share. All the kids then run out side to play and he is left all alone surrounded by dead toys...

Very sad... Very sad indeed... :cry:
Your disconnection with reality is the same reason you'll never be able to profitably trade FX.

You'd rather prove a point then accept reality.

DT

If were really talking about empirical plays and we're not too scared to talk about it.

America is about to make major play in Iran. Surround, devide, conquer.

If you look on a map, Iran in between Iraq & Afganistan. Both these were weaker than Iran, and Iran is there main goal. So having watched spartan movies growing up, I can tell you 'they' knew Iran would be strong to make a direct assault on, so instead and by strategy they're going to surround then go straight down the middle.

It'll be just like a football play.

If you look at the numbers Iran is major world entity, they just don't know it. Go to the CIA website and compare there holdings and Natural Gas, Crude Oil, FX & Gold reserves and you'll see there numbers are far greater then some of the So called potential super powers.

They have more NG then us, they 7x's the Oil and just as much Cash.
Some major action is about to go down.

DT

Absolutely right about Iran DT but you are very wrong about the action about to go down.

Do you think the whole world will standby and let you take it.

China shot down one of it's satellites about a year ago. Russia and China have carried out joint military exercises. These are real signals to USA.

The US can't even handle the situation in Iraq and do you think it has the capacity or the war chest to take on Iran? I don't think so.

Also, another $500bn has been quitely allocated to support the troops in Iraq which the democrats in the senate first objected to. This was passed quitely. However, the aging popullation, health spending and the budget defecits are all nails in the US coffin.

US aspirations are living on borrowed cash.

Heard about the recent Chineese dollar Nuke? What do you think would happen to US the dollar and all it's interests if the Chineese dumped the dollar?

The morale in the army is crumbling. Can't even recruit no hopers in little towns out in the middle of no where. Defending ones country people will die for. Fighting in deserts across 000s of miles killing innocent children and women they will not consider worth the effort.

Nato is crumbling in Afghanistan...

You have Iranian dinghys testing US readiness...

The twin towers conspiracy theories along with plane crash into pentagon to me are facts.

US training little Kurdish terrorists to attack Iran to destabilise it. Little warfare going on along it's northern border. That's about as much as the US can do.

The white house even routing it's own CIA employees if they don't toe the line.

It will try and rape Iraq and perhaps move on to little ol Syria first before it tries to take on Iran.

But you can be certain of this. Any move on Syria is likely to cause the whole of Middle East to go up in flames with Russia joining in.

All these strategy plays are fiction. It's only people like Bush, Chaney and Wolfwitz along with that smart hero Rumsfeld who may like to think they are fact.

I'd say wake up and smell the coffee to anyone who has such fanciful ideas.

My understanding of an Empire, is that Empires destroy.

...No not true at all....

...Empires 'collect' people on the way....

...Alexander when he set off from Macedonia had a handful of people....When he reached fringes of India, he had an army with followers....

...How did he do that?.....He subdued, but never destroyed, and obtained the respect and followers....

....Even today some children born in Pakistan and India are called 'Sikander'....From name Alexander....

...Now that is respect....

Your disconnection with reality is the same reason you'll never be able to profitably trade FX.

You'd rather prove a point then accept reality.

DT

That's funny. Not sure what you are trying to prove referring to my FX trading I thought we were discussing empires? Nice one... :LOL:

Forgive my ignorance but I fail to grasp your point? :rolleyes:

Absolutely right about Iran DT but you are very wrong about the action about to go down.

Do you think the whole world will standby and let you take it.

China shot down one of it's satellites about a year ago. Russia and China have carried out joint military exercises. These are real signals to USA.

The US can't even handle the situation in Iraq and do you think it has the capacity or the war chest to take on Iran? I don't think so.

Also, another $500bn has been quitely allocated to support the troops in Iraq which the democrats in the senate first objected to. This was passed quitely. However, the aging popullation, health spending and the budget defecits are all nails in the US coffin.

US aspirations are living on borrowed cash.

Heard about the recent Chineese dollar Nuke? What do you think would happen to US the dollar and all it's interests if the Chineese dumped the dollar?

The morale in the army is crumbling. Can't even recruit no hopers in little towns out in the middle of no where. Defending ones country people will die for. Fighting in deserts across 000s of miles killing innocent children and women they will not consider worth the effort.

Nato is crumbling in Afghanistan...

You have Iranian dinghys testing US readiness...

The twin towers conspiracy theories along with plane crash into pentagon to me are facts.

US training little Kurdish terrorists to attack Iran to destabilise it. Little warfare going on along it's northern border. That's about as much as the US can do.

The white house even routing it's own CIA employees if they don't toe the line.

It will try and rape Iraq and perhaps move on to little ol Syria first before it tries to take on Iran.

But you can be certain of this. Any move on Syria is likely to cause the whole of Middle East to go up in flames with Russia joining in.

All these strategy plays are fiction. It's only people like Bush, Chaney and Wolfwitz along with that smart hero Rumsfeld who may like to think they are fact.

I'd say wake up and smell the coffee to anyone who has such fanciful ideas.
Your really ignorant Attilla.

The American are unstopable. They have more freedom of thought which equals more innovation. The men there are raised around guns and have less fear of death.

Less goverment restriction, hence more economic freedom.

Umm, let me think of more.

Don't get me wrong attilla, I agree with your morale compass, but the Lion still owns the tundra and the night.

DT

Attilla with all due respect, who due you think will be the next superpower? And by that I mean who due you think will run the next hundred and fifty years due to economics or military threat to remain economically potent.?

DT

Your really ignorant Attilla.

The American are unstopable. They have more freedom of thought which equals more innovation. The men there are raised around guns and have less fear of death.

Less goverment restriction, hence more economic freedom.

Umm, let me think of more.

Don't get me wrong attilla, I agree with your morale compass, but the Lion still owns the tundra and the night.

DT

I see what you mean about ignorance...

Attilla with all due respect, who due you think will be the next superpower? And by that I mean who due you think will run the next hundred and fifty years due to economics or military threat to remain economically potent.?

DT

...BRIC....

DT

I think we need a balance. I don't think we are likely to ever have ultra super powers commanding the globe. That's James Bond kinda fiction.

US had USSR and that was cool maintained balance. USSR switched from Command to Free economy along with China and now a new world order is being carved out.

At the moment it has to be Russia, China and India - essentially the Euro Asian region imo.

US will still have a big role but not a dominant one.

I think of it more as an Oligopolistic order rather than a monopolictic one if that makes sense.

Super powers or mature countries also don't go to war anymore. They set off proxy wars. It's the little countries that fight like squabling children because there are no winners in war.

We are at the cusp of a new era. China is dominating the world by merely taking resources and building infrastructure in Africa. Not interested in who runs country or assinating opposition as US has done many times. China pays the price takes the resource.

US could have purchased Iraqi oil much cheaper than what it is costing now. Despite the fall of the dollar US BoP deteriated because oil purchase was so much higher. That's really bad for the US economically and strategically. Instead of $45 a barrel which was considered high we are paying $90... Figure that one out...

Quicker US learns diplomacy and that a win/win scenario is better than a win/lose one the better.

I see what you mean about ignorance...
Go ahead and hate me for speaking the truth.

I've spent many sleepless night pondering the actions of man.

As long as resources are being depleted there will always be One conquerer.

....I am sorry, but I am missing the point that you are trying to make...

....I say this with respect, but your assumption that world will run only by a superpower with biggest 'pea shooters' is really not the right one...

...In this world of web, huge economical changes, US should be able to play the part if it changes the 'Super Power' attitude....

....When other countries own huge amount os US's currency then it is a time of reckoning......Not priming 'pea shooters'.....

Attilla, your a hipocrit.

If it's not America it'll be China, Russia.

..So you'd support one of them over USA I assume. Probably come up with a couple of quick references to how we'd all be better off?

??

I may be ignorant but I don't hate you DT... Hate is a little strong for me.

Why not read some of these gems in your sleepless nights...

Against All Enemies by Richard A Clarke
State of Denial by Bob Woodward or
Rogue State by William Blum

They are all written by true American heros imo.

..So you'd support one of them over USA I assume. Probalby come up with a couple of quick referances to how we'd all be better off?

??

I support humanity dude. Call me naive if you must.

How old are you anyway? :cheesy:

What's with all the name calling? :cheesy:

....I am sorry, but I am missing the point that you are trying to make...

....I say this with respect, but your assumption that world will run only by a superpower with biggest 'pea shooters' is really not the right one...

...In this world of web, huge economical changes, US should be able to play the part if it changes the 'Super Power' attitude....

....When other countries own huge amount os US's currency then it is a time of reckoning......Not priming 'pea shooters'.....

Oligopoly is out Monopoly is in. :LOL:

Markets work better with Oligopolistic practice imo.

Too much of the Matrix in DT's arguement. There can only be one Nemo!

I'll be off now but interesting chat...

Catch you guys tomorrow... :clap:

..So you'd support one of them over USA I assume. Probably come up with a couple of quick references to how we'd all be better off?

??

.....Depth Trade....Yes...Please hold discussion....but don't lose the plot by defining people....

....I don't think that anyone is calling you anything in any discussion....And I believe that you should respect that....

By all means do discuss....But don't get personal.....

..Otherwise it's not worth having discussion....