Best Thread Vwap Engine

In the end, it means: If prices are above VWAP of current session and if VWAP of current session is higher than VWAP of the previous session, I would look for buying a retracement to current VWAP, if confirmed by other indicators. If this happens repeatedly, much the better.
:cheesy:

Add 2 more days' vwaps, if they all line up nicely then aim for 1 Day ATR move.

That's how you've come round to the basics of my VE.:cheesy: ( see this post #402)

Expected move

I find that Daily ATR is a good benchmark for short term trading. Stocks, forex or futures, they almost always move 1 Day ATR on a normal trading day. On trending days and break outs, Day ATR is rising.

So, I try to imagine a possible Day ATR move from day's low/high before entering into a position. Then try to compare potential move with the stoploss distance to calculate a potential R:R ratio.

This is cable break out with vwap engine method. I was abit late to enter at 7/8am as it had already gone half way. Current day's vwap(mean) is above yMean and 20MA (red dotted line) acted as a trend line.

chart
100113GBPUSD.PNG

Last edited:
ATR and targets

Someone asked me why I am scalping with vwap engine on forex thread as previously I was aiming for major portion of DayATR. That sounds true although my intention is different. I still wanna aim for DayATR move.

Comparison between DayATR move and 60ATR targets

H1 ATR
Using 1 H1 ATR risk for 2.2 H1 ATR return ( R:R = 1:2.2)
so, anything better than 33% win:loss ratio will give a positive expectancy

DayATR
DayATR : H1 ATR = 4:1 ( sometimes 6, sometimes 3, usually between 4 and 5 )

If DayATR move is aimed for, then stop required is about 2x H1ATR to allow breathing space.
R:R is still 1:2.

Best R:R
If smaller stoploss is used, i.e, 1 H1ATR, for DayATR (4 H1ATRs) return then R:R will be 1:4, best of both worlds. Then, the probability of getting such moves is reduced.

Hi, leovirgo!
I am wondering if you have a fully automized system on yout VWAP engine?
Can this system be coded solely, or it requires some intuitive entrace filtering?
if the system is working as the black box, then what are the real results of the backtesting?

Hi, leovirgo!
I am wondering if you have a fully automized system on yout VWAP engine?
Can this system be coded solely, or it requires some intuitive entrace filtering?
if the system is working as the black box, then what are the real results of the backtesting?

Hi mmembrana, it isn't a fully automated system. It's more of a framework. I did have it automated in earlier days but it was pc-resource-extensive and then I shifted it to higher TF and there was no need to automized it.

I am taking this opportunity to tell you all that I am considering about a trial with 'automated version' until 5pm UK time (12pm ET). So, watch this space (again). :)

My set up

This illustrates the way I trade.

Attachments

• 100415eurusd_trendsbreakout.PNG
    100415eurusd_trendsbreakout.PNG
    57.4 KB · Views: 574
Index futures ES,NQ,YM all rallied in late day moves.. they are trading in positive territories.. It is within VE's expectation as it is not in a swing mode yet. I will be closely watching them. ;)

I am going live with semi-auto engine.. a picture says a thousand words

Attachments

• 010422NQM10_ve.PNG
    010422NQM10_ve.PNG
    24.9 KB · Views: 566
this is NQM10 with the engine... smashing (y)

patience is a virtue in deed

Attachments

• 100427NQM10_vecyx.PNG
    100427NQM10_vecyx.PNG
    42.8 KB · Views: 706