VPS, virtual desktops etc

My friend is looking for hosted virtual desktop services and we don’t have any ideas about how to choose a good company with better services. Can someone tell on which criteria we should select the right provider?

My friend is looking for hosted virtual desktop services and we don’t have any ideas about how to choose a good company with better services. Can someone tell on which criteria we should select the right provider?
Criteria for a professional servie:

1.) Location: Do they have servers directly at the exchanges? Do they mention the exact locations of their datacenters? Most providers have their servers not even close to the markets....

2.) Technology: VPS is ok, but not state of the art anymore. VPS means, that you have a virtual machine sitting on one physical server. If this server goes down, all virtual machines go down with him. The way to go for professional traders is a provider with a private cloud solution. A private cloud consists of at least two servers which are interconnected and can take over the virtual machines of the other one in case of a failure (they normally use a SAN for that kind of high availability).

3.) Focus: Most service providers who offer servers for traders do this kind of business as an addition to their normal webhosting business. They often don't know the special requirements of traders and only see trader's desktops as an advertising opportunity. Look for a real provider who focus only on traders!

Hope this helps you to find a suitable provider! :)

I don't know if it is allowed, but you can contact me via pm for a free trial of our solution. @mods: Please delete this sentence, if it is not allowed!