Very Simple and Stupid Question

Barramundi, the two charts that you are using will be identical in shape in normal trading. EXCEPT that the Bid chart will be 2 pips higher than the Ask chart.
You are also right in saying that that you are seeing quoted prices.
But the standard default chart for all charting packages is set to the Ask price.
But I reckon you should confirm with your own broker because there will be many times when you are stopped out to the pip and it is always nice to know how the brokers chart is set to make sure that you are not being stopped out unnecessarily by the broker within the 2 pip spread.

No worries Marbig. The bid and ask charts are different because the spread is variable with my broker. There is not much difference on higher timeframes but it can be very noticeable on small timeframes when the spread is high. Yet to be stopped out unexpectedly (except once when I made a boo boo and forgot to flick the chart over to the bid), but yeah, perhaps my flicking of charts is a bit out of the ordinary.

Barramundi, You would be amazed how many times brokers taking the other side of your trade will intervene on an account to close a trade within the the spread simply because 99.999% of retail traders do not know how the stops are triggered. Especially in the shorter time frames when they are trading for 10-15 pip TPs.

Yeah, that's why I sought a NDD broker. Otherwise it's like playing poker against someone who can see your cards.

Yeah, that's why I sought a NDD broker. Otherwise it's like playing poker against someone who can see your cards.

There are almost NO Non Dealing Desk brokers. Every broker has a manual review and over-ride system in place.
Every broker I know takes a position opposite to all its retail traders because they know that 95% will lose their account within 12 months. When a trader is proven to be a good trader, the broker will try to offset that traders trades with another broker.