VantagePoint software

I bought it about 10 years ago, and if I remember rightly I paid about £2000 for it.

It may have changed considerably these days, but back then everything it offered could quite easily be reproduced using some fairly basic indicators.

I don't believe anyone or anything can PREDICT the next day's high or low, at best it can be estimated by using historical data - and imo they used to use a very basic method for doing that, though they really make a big deal about it, and I honestly believe they are nothing but a con.

They wouldn't give a free trial, which they could easily do if it were any good. I well remember the day I dropped it in the bin, it did hurt a bit.

Just had a look at their website - it's as if time has stood still.

I appreciate your comments and experience.
I also stopped using "Updata", a PC-based live system, about 12- 15years ago... total cost about £3500 including the big PC & twin monitors (which I still have in the garage). Too big a hammer to crack a small nut, really... and it stopped working reliably.
I'm going to try out some of the 'trading rooms' (mostly USA) in next few weeks, to see if worthwhile.

I appreciate your comments and experience.
I also stopped using "Updata", a PC-based live system, about 12- 15years ago... total cost about £3500 including the big PC & twin monitors (which I still have in the garage). Too big a hammer to crack a small nut, really... and it stopped working reliably.
I'm going to try out some of the 'trading rooms' (mostly USA) in next few weeks, to see if worthwhile.

I have had VP for years and I hardly use it now. Predicted high/lows are no different than what you can work out yourself using swing high/lows, pivots and fibonacci. I don't think its worth the money.

I don't even thing Greg Firman uses it anymore.

I have had VP for years and I hardly use it now. Predicted high/lows are no different than what you can work out yourself using swing high/lows, pivots and fibonacci. I don't think its worth the money.

I don't even thing Greg Firman uses it anymore.

Thanks for that. They say its better for swing trading than for day or scalping. I use Fibs, EMA, money flow, all the time, but pivots I find very unreliable. By 'swing highs/lows', do you mean Bollingers, etc? I'd be interested in how you would predict a next day high/low, or direction on something like AAPL when its very volatile.

Thanks for that. They say its better for swing trading than for day or scalping. I use Fibs, EMA, money flow, all the time, but pivots I find very unreliable. By 'swing highs/lows', do you mean Bollingers, etc? I'd be interested in how you would predict a next day high/low, or direction on something like AAPL when its very volatile.

It doesn't predict anything. In fact you can recreate it using moving averages for the lines and MS Excel for the so called neural index. Complete rubbish.

Just google swing high/lows. heaps of info.

Pivots are like anything else in trading nothing is 100% all the time, but most people using pivots are not even aware you should do the daily calculation at New York Bankers Close.

Charts attached is the KISS method. You don't need VP.

Attachments

• Yen Spot.PNG
    Yen Spot.PNG
    37.5 KB · Views: 318