US Open Tennis

yacarob1

Experienced member
Even though Jock ( I hate the English ) Murray has reached the semi finals, he is being quoted at 10/1 against to win the championship.

He is playing Nadal in the semis who is quoted at 2/9 on to reach the final.

Shows what the bookies think of Jock's chances.

Even though Jock ( I hate the English ) Murray has reached the semi finals, he is being quoted at 10/1 against to win the championship.

He is playing Nadal in the semis who is quoted at 2/9 on to reach the final.

Shows what the bookies think of Jock's chances.

Well they just got f**ked in the @$$!!

He stands a good chance of winning on his favourite surface in his favourite tournament (he won the junior event at FM's in 2004), and with a 2-1 win loss record against Federer. Come on Murray, win this, and you'll be BBC sports personality of the year FOR SURE! 1st Brit Male grand slam winner in 72 years since fred perry at US open in 1936!

I find it hard to cheer for Jock given his anti English racist tendency.

So come on Federer, beat this young upstart who caught Nadal on a bad day.

I find it hard to cheer for Jock given his anti English racist tendency.

So come on Federer, beat this young upstart who caught Nadal on a bad day.
:confused:
If Murray was so anti unionist, why did he compete for Great Britain & Northern Ireland at the Beijing Olympics?

He did not compete.

He showed a complete lack of interest and kopped out.

As for Sports Personality of the Year, I would much prefer that it goes to Lewis Hamilton ( provided he is not cheated out of the F1 title ) or Rebeccca Adlington.

The Scotch ( I know they hate being called that ) should have their own version north of the Wall.

Then you can give it to Jock Murray, Angus Hoy, Gordon Brown or even to Alistair ( worst economic crisis since WW2 ) Darling.

Whatever, I shall be egging on Mr Federer who is a true and gracious champion and not a nasty little jumped up chav.

They probably do have one in scotland, they have one in wales, and joe clazaghe wins it quite often.

Murray didn't play well at the olympics. But would he really have got on an 8 hour flight half way around the world, had to go through the stress and preparation of opening ceremonies, olympic villages etc. if he couldn't really be arsed anyway I don't think so! It would have been far easier to pull out b4 setting off, injured ;):idea:

F1 is not a sport, it is a procession/exhibition, and a pretty dull one at that!

yes the swimming girl did well, and probably deserves such recognition more than murray for her role model status & appeal, good attitude etc.

I'm a Scot and I don't particularily care for Murray. His attitude is poor and I have just seen him interviewed on TV where he was saying how pleased he was to beat Nadal. Pity he does not let his face know he is happy. Mind you, the media do him no favours, every time they print a photo, he has his mouth wide open screaming, looking angry or whatever he thinks he should look. As for Olympics, well t has to be said, he is the best British player in a long time. Not sure if tennis needs Olympics. I understand golf was a demo sport at Beijing. My opinion, golf NOT an Olympic sport and needs Olympics like a hole in the head. So, at the end of the day, (god I hate that phrase) good luck to Murray and I hope he wins. I just hope his attitude improves. As he is, he would be a no no as Sports Personality without a better outlook.
My goodness, I'm a big quiet guy who does not usually say much,but I have just had a rant

yes the swimming girl did well, and probably deserves such recognition more than murray for her role model status & appeal, good attitude etc.

Remember, Murray has won sweet f**k all yet.

At the time of writing, which is now, he is still just another Tim Henman.

I'm a Scot and I don't particularily care for Murray. His attitude is poor and I have just seen him interviewed on TV where he was saying how pleased he was to beat Nadal. Pity he does not let his face know he is happy. Mind you, the media do him no favours, every time they print a photo, he has his mouth wide open screaming, looking angry or whatever he thinks he should look. As for Olympics, well t has to be said, he is the best British player in a long time. Not sure if tennis needs Olympics. I understand golf was a demo sport at Beijing. My opinion, golf NOT an Olympic sport and needs Olympics like a hole in the head. So, at the end of the day, (god I hate that phrase) good luck to Murray and I hope he wins. I just hope his attitude improves. As he is, he would be a no no as Sports Personality without a better outlook.
My goodness, I'm a big quiet guy who does not usually say much,but I have just had a rant

Agree.

The boy needs to smile, be nice and for chrissakes change his clothes.

His on-court attire is grey, drab and dowdy.

A bit more colour and style might put him in a better light plus a few smiles of course.

But I would still find it hard to warm to him.

Remember, Murray has won sweet f**k all yet.

At the time of writing, which is now, he is still just another Tim Henman.

Yup! But rusedski won Sports Personality for just making the US Open final.

I agree - Murray's anti-English jibes have annoyed me in the past. Especially since he has used lottery (i.e. British) money to pay for his training. If I openly slagged off my employer at work, I'd lose my job!

Murray is a bit James Bond like in his interviews, but so what? his job is to win tennis matches, not to be popular with a bunch of no kneck fatso journalists, who will do their best to destroy him anyway, and are just waiting for him to slip anyway. He's probably quite shy deep down, so puts on a bit of a tough frint perhaps.

Oh, and he has won something - several singles titles, and an ATP Masters series event, a tournament in which only the top ranked players attend - so as good as winning a grand slam for all intents.

I think golf & tennis make excellent Olympic events - a fifth major every 4 years! Ask Tiger Woods if he'd like the opportunity to win an olympic gold medal, and i bet he'd be up for it.

Yup! But rusedski won Sports Personality for just making the US Open final.

Must have been a lean year.

What a travesty.......not only a non-champion but also only a pseudo-Brit.

Did Henman ever get the award, or Eddie The Eagle ?

Must have been a lean year.

What a travesty.......not only a non-champion but also only a pseudo-Brit.

Did Henman ever get the award, or Eddie The Eagle ?

1997 ;) Pat Rafter beat him.

It was a good year for English football. They won the Umbro Trophy :sleep:.

The only trophy that the England Football Team could ever get would be a pint of Whitbread Trophy.

Do they still sell that sh1te ?

I was shocked to say the least when i saw Andorra 0 - 2 England.
And Capello was going to be the (latest) saviour!

Liked their coach who responding to fabios criticism of their defence, said OK next time we play i'll manage england and he can manage andorra, and england will beat andorra by more than 2-0!

I think Fabio should bugger off back to Italy and the England Football team should be permanently disbanded.

They are just an irrelevance anyway.

I think Fabio should bugger off back to Italy and the England Football team should be permanently disbanded.

They are just an irrelevance anyway.

I se mek Keith Lemon Manager!

Businessman of the year 93. Creator of the securi-poll :LOL: