Um,

Back luck ngdesign. Let's hope you can learn and bounce back from this...
Thanks Hoggums
I think i am going to re-organize myself for a little time before getting straight back into it.

did you risk all of your 'investment money' on one trade?

Nope, of course not. The first drop i got dragged down by Lehman brother's bankruptcy
and today from the bail out plan failure.

Thanks Hoggums
I think i am going to re-organize myself for a little time before getting straight back into it.

Nope, of course not. The first drop i got dragged down by Lehman brother's bankruptcy
and today from the bail out plan failure.

If you've been long in a market like this then I think you seriously need to review your strategy or your discipline. I took a beating in Crude Oil a while back. Fortunately I didn't get my head handed to me but it hurt enough for me to clear out all my trading books and start from the beginning.

I'm glad to say I'm doing very well now because my focus is no longer on making a profit. Everything I do now is based on how I can master risk. It's funny how the profits come tumbling in when you switch your focus.

Good trading :)

Good. I was getting seriously worried about all those toy arrows and alaskan fishermen.

The market never ceases to amaze me.

1.30pm - bad non-farm figure, result: Market goes up because of a higher probability that the House of Reps will pass the bill.

3.00pm - ISM, didn't do much. Market continues on its way to the moon.

6:20pm - market tops out

6:23pm - House of Reps passes the bill, result: Market collapses despite being the news it seemed to want several hours prior this time.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if they hadn't passed the bill again. Would it have just gone down even further?