UK Land Investments - Plot For Sale

that is not a constructive comment, and demonstrates a lack of understanding. A comment like that does not help.

it seems to me that you know the price of everything but the value of nothing

Hardly, the receivers of UKLand are reporting that the average investor overpaid by 30X for the 'plots' they bought.

And guess what the company took in around £69million but has NO money in the bank, all of it was taken out by the directors which pretty much proves what their overall game plan was right from the beginning.

Doesn't take a lot to spot a dodgy investment these days, it's all pretty much common sense. But then so many people just look at the potential money to be made without ever looking at the downside or catches. And for this reason conmen and charlatans always know that there's a never ending conveyor belt of marks...

So I’ll continue to make what I believe are constructive comments even if that's not what people want to believe. But look where 'believing' often leads to.

yeah......and all that said

i dont think land banking companies avoid being regulated, it would actually be better if they where, otherwise this whole debate and fiasco would not be an issue. any land banking firm which does NOT mislead or misrepresent the alternative investment (not in the recent case for UKLI) does not need to be approved and regulated because they are not running a collective investment scheme. not offering gaurantees of any sort for planning and selling at reasonable prices to cover business costs is ethical and common business sense.

the price these plots are being sold for is in my opinion another issue but yes it does leave the customer fleeced with minimal chance of profiting from capital growth and development potential, very much like a broker with a massive spread.

so if that then leaves the skepticism wheather the plots of land being sold will or will not get planning permission then perhaps we could make a different argument from this >>>

Charity 'selling' greenbelt land

:-0

the only thing i can deduce from this whole cherade, and from a technical perspective, is that it may not be a function of 'if' they get planning permission but more a matter of 'when'........as yes, unclassified and sustainable building land is very finite and valuable, and although it may have planning restrictions now, there will be little choice by local governments to release them in the future, regardless of what they say in the present. this is what make the gains from this type of investment possible in the first place.

the value of land in my opinion is closer related to the amount of supply and the demand for land rather than the value of house prices....so it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

our existing towns and cities did not miraculously become the size they are today, they have evolved over time to meet the need for more housing and commercial development, simple really, this pushes the demand/value for the appropriate land up and as supply is restricted. towns and cities expand upto the green belt status, then everything is reclassified and rezoned as the town/city becomes dense and no more development can commence under current restrictions of land supply.

i would bet that our homes where once sitting on greenbelt land.

I'm sorry to all those that feel that they have been scammed, it is misfortunate, but i remain in the school of thought that land is a very valuable asset indeed and you should hold onto it......

populations keep rising, more homes need to be built and everyone needs a home, these homes need to be built somewhere.........right??

Does anyone here actually realise that no matter who sold you the land it is a valuable asset? Seriously guys get real, land is a finite resort - for all those who don't know what that means it means there will be no more made. Therefore it does have commercial value and is worth money. However, planning permission on these kinds of land is virtually impossible at the moment.

LOL - yeah and I'll sell you a £1 coin for a fiver - its still an 'asset' and if you invest it in a savings account it will eventually be worth a fiver.......

Of course the land is worth something - no one is disputing that. Neither is anyone disputing that land will most likely become more valuable over time.

The point is that buying small plots at massively inflated prices is complete spank. Stuff for naive investors who think along the lines of ....

"oh land is valuable, I guess it would be a good investment, I've only got 20k to invest & have no clue how to price the stuff so I'll just send a cheque in the post to the cocky Essex boy who's phoned me up out of the blue a few times and massaged my ego a bit."

Basically the same idiots who'll happily buy stock from boiler rooms in spain or write out a cheque for some 'vintage wine' despite not knowing a thing about wine or small cap stocks. Strangely enough its also the same cocky essex boys who move between the AIM spank shops, spanish boiler rooms and 'land brokerage' firms - I don't doubt that some of the mugs who got spanked with a bunch of Reg S stock or dodgy griffin AIM cash shells also have the deeds to a small plot on a flood plane or some bulgarian wine with a fake bordeaux label on.

so the naive are getting spanked and paying over inflated prices for assets which have little chance of generating a return, whats new??

it kind of reminds me of my early days learning to trade the financial markets......:p

for those that need further clarification - i mean:

buying the top of a decline and selling the bottom of a reversal, of a typical trading vehicle with price transparency, either listed or unlisted..

this is age old stuff, but has gone unmentioned but very relevant i think.....