Typical ?

oriana

I have only started to watch and paper trade the forex markets. I'm using the 5 minute charts. Since I've begun to do this, I have found the £/$ to be the best, the euro/dollar seems to whipsaw more. Are these past few days typical ? Would the pound/dollar normally trade with the same volatility as it has recently with fewer whipsaws than the euro/dollar?

Any advice will be appreciated.

oriana said:
I have only started to watch and paper trade the forex markets. I'm using the 5 minute charts. Since I've begun to do this, I have found the £/$ to be the best, the euro/dollar seems to whipsaw more. Are these past few days typical ? Would the pound/dollar normally trade with the same volatility as it has recently with fewer whipsaws than the euro/dollar?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Whilst it's easy for someone to answer your question, you'll no doubt come up with more questions as time goes by. The best way for you to learn is the answer these questions yourself.

I suggest you download something like metatrader from any of the supporting brokers where you can export all the historic data for a number of ccy pairs and multiple time frames and then plug them all into excel and do the calculations yourself.

ditto the above.... theres nothing like seeing for yourself. Metatrader4 (metaquotes.net) has nearly all major pairs and historical data in multiple timeframes that go back all the way....