Typical trainee trader compensation package at a prop firm

thanks for the info noobtrader, that was actually higher than i expected but its a data point either way

Being a trader can land you an FHM girl !?!?!

Lol

Haha I'd be lying if I said i wasn't motivated by money (and aforementioned girls and Ferraris). But I'm also realistic enough to know that not everyone who gets into the business becomes a millionaire and that for the most part it requires a lot of skill, instinct, and luck ... a lot of which can't be taught or learned.

I want to get into trading because i really enjoy the analytical aspect of it AND the competitive game/sport nature of it. I understand that as much as I've learned in school or taught to myself ... trading is a hands on thing and that you need to do it to truly understand it. I just don't wanna have another "what if" in my life.

Hell, I only happened upon finance by accident, if I could do it all over again I would have entered into an engineering program from high school but I count myself lucky to know what I want to do now coming outta school and having studied at least something close to it.

Enginnering sucks , they are for Geeks man (n) .
Smart ppl do maths/stats or acturial science :clap:.
they learnt about Greek stuff and not being Geeks !:whistling

Enginnering sucks , they are for Geeks man (n) .
Smart ppl do maths/stats or acturial science :clap:.
. . .
Er . . . no.
Engineering maths contains significant elements of derivative maths, prolly more so than a strightforward "general" maths degree.

And your comment about actuarial science is just wrong.

Er . . . no.
Engineering maths contains significant elements of derivative maths, prolly more so than a strightforward "general" maths degree.

lol, thats bull **** man. how can a maths or stats major dun do derivative math??? (we can do one even when we are drunk man)

plus, much of the engineering is applied and do you think civil or biomedical engineering gud at maths.

I can tell you NO ! my brother in law is a software engineer his math is even worst than my sis (commerce degree :cheesy: and he is slow with numbers :D

Er . . . no.

tell u what, i got into engineering in a top uni of my country but i didnt like i because I WAS SURROUNDED BY GEEKS AND NERD IN THE CLASS ! i chose to drop it, i did maths and stats there were more chix in the class especially those one who do commerce (y)(y)

i cant imagine what i wud be lyk if i did engineering ?? (n)

I like you chu !!! basing your career/study choices based on how many chicks there are in your class :p Ever tried secretarial college?

tell u what, i got into engineering in a top uni of my country but i didnt like i because I WAS SURROUNDED BY GEEKS AND NERD IN THE CLASS ! i chose to drop it, i did maths and stats there were more chix in the class especially those one who do commerce (y)(y)

Maybe you should have done English.

lol, thats bull **** man. how can a maths or stats major dun do derivative math??? (we can do one even when we are drunk man)

plus, much of the engineering is applied and do you think civil or biomedical engineering gud at maths.

I can tell you NO ! my brother in law is a software engineer his math is even worst than my sis (commerce degree :cheesy: and he is slow with numbers :D

agree with arabian-you should have turned to english instead.

i did mechanical engineering, same as many of my colleagues. my undergraduate course covered a hell of a lot of calculus and stats we did in the applied maths course which was part of the degree.

agree with arabian-you should have turned to english instead.

i did mechanical engineering, same as many of my colleagues. my undergraduate course covered a hell of a lot of calculus and stats we did in the applied maths course which was part of the degree.

lol, u must be a geek then. :clap:

tat was my minor ... english literature ....pull my gpa up (y) and gals were reli hot in my classes wow !:cool:

init bruv, kno wat u is sayinz lyk, me nd ta boyz were lyk thinkin we gun do sport studiez at uni init but lyk all teh ppl wer propa nerdy init and no fit girlz to shag so we was lyk lets do a subjext dat ain't for nerdz nd we choze maths cus itz easy lyk nd all the fit birdz who were so nice init, sinc mathz is so kl nd easy, lotz of the dumbb blondz were der init, well nice.

Safe, big up the mc crew if you iz dere.

oh by the way, financial maths was my major and i had 2:1 for it . . .

. . .
i failed my stage one comlaw 101 in NZ five times thats why i didnt take any comm law thereafter.

tell u what, i got into engineering in a top uni of my country but . . . i did maths and stats . . .

Just because you're 14 years old doesn't mean you have a 14" pen1s pal. :whistling

Apols . . .

You're still at uni according to this post
but according to a comment you posted here you have a degree in "Accounting, Finance and statistics" and you're currently outta work and looking to get into finance . . .

Notably, a swift peruse of the Maths undergrad course at Auckland Uni seems to imply that only one unit of financial maths is offered (ie it's not offered as a major). . ."This course is suitable for Finance majors who want to learn more about the more mathematical aspects of the subject and for Statistics or Mathematics majors wanting to learn about Finance." and, for that unit . . "Textbooks: No textbook required."

Last edited: