TwoWayFutures

JonnyT said:
Are the monies safe?

quite honestly JohnnyT, where is it safe?

If you think the FSA will help if need be, then think again. I was in one of the Aberdeen Split Capital Trusts, so know :eek: :eek:

I personally believe that its possibly safer in Gibralta.

The FSA doesn't cover this outfit as far as I can make out as they are not licensed to hold client monies in the UK...

JonnyT said:
The FSA doesn't cover this outfit as far as I can make out as they are not licensed to hold client monies in the UK...

JonnyT

I know this.

But as I said in the previous message, what does this matter.

If you think that by dealing under the eyes of the FSA that you have any real protection, then dream on.

As i said, my view is that the Gibralta Authorities will offer better protection anyway.

TwoWayFutures

Does this company offer trading in USA stocks yet, via SpreadBets?
In particular the Gold Index XAU and it's constituents NEM, ABX, AU, AEM, FCX, PDG, GFI, GG, HMY, GLG, KGC, MDG and PAAS?

If so could you tell me the Max commission charged?
And the minimum trade size, ie can I trade 1x share?

I would be interested in access to an API.

Cheers

Hi Spreadrisk

Yes we do offer US shares as spread bets. We have only just launched our shares about 1 month ago, so our US offering is at present basically the Nasdaq 100 and S&P 100. This of course will be increased as we go...but we have to start somewhere. New instruments can be traded on a case by case basis. If you have an account then we can simply add an instrument for you to trade.

Our commission rates vary between 2.5 and 7 cents per share per side depending on volume. This is a fixed charge on the live bid/offer from the US exchanges.

We trade in £ per point on shares, and our smallest trade size is £1, which is the equivalent to roughly 175 shares.

I note your interest in an API.

Should you have any more questions, please let me know.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

apples10 said:
quite honestly JohnnyT, where is it safe?

If you think the FSA will help if need be, then think again. I was in one of the Aberdeen Split Capital Trusts, so know :eek: :eek:

I personally believe that its possibly safer in Gibralta.

not certain but think that trading in usa futures with fsa members in the uk is not covered by the fsa.
i noted this on a site when looking for a broker.

Adrian,

You say on your website that you hedge all client positions in the underlying market and that your profits come from applying a spread to these. I dont understand how you can offer a 1 point spread on the eMini DOW, hedge yourselves in the YM contract and still apply any markup for yourselves, can you explain ?

eatontrade - I dont understand how you can offer a 1 point spread on the eMini DOW, hedge yourselves in the YM contract and still apply any markup for yourselves, can you explain ?

The spreads refer to each side of the trade (per lot) so for mini dow 250-1000 lots per month (125 - 500 round turns) = 2 point spread per round turn.

I am becoming a fan of this company, but would need to be doing over 1000 lots per month to switch probably. This may still be more than if trading direct access, but when you subtract 40% from their spreads.......Over 4000 lots per month and they become extremely good value.

There margins are higher than IB, &Tradestation, other spreadbetters.......

jtrader said:
The spreads refer to each side of the trade (per lot) so for mini dow 250-1000 lots per month (125 - 500 round turns) = 2 point spread per round turn.

I am becoming a fan of this company, but would need to be doing over 1000 lots per month to switch probably. This may still be more than if trading direct access, but when you subtract 40% from their spreads.......Over 4000 lots per month and they become extremely good value.

There margins are higher than IB, &Tradestation, other spreadbetters.......

Thanks. I'm currently using tradestation for YM, have you found much of a difference in time delay between the direct access market and going though this company ?

eatontrade said:
Adrian,

You say on your website that you hedge all client positions in the underlying market and that your profits come from applying a spread to these. I dont understand how you can offer a 1 point spread on the eMini DOW, hedge yourselves in the YM contract and still apply any markup for yourselves, can you explain ?

As you say, we apply a spread to the underlying market, which is where we make our money. The amount of spread we charge is a function of volume...the more you trade, the cheaper it is. This spread is basically our commission.

In essence, you place the hedge for us in the underlying market. The spreadbet / derivative is then instantly allocated to your account at the new spreadbet price (Market Price +/- our commission spread). We take no proprietary positions.

The 1 point refers to the Normal Market Spread on the Mini Dow, traded on the CBOT. The fixed spread we charge generally varies between 1pt and 0.18pts, dependant on volume. You also have the benefit of working orders on the market, so buying on the bid and selling on the offer, which in reality, allows your spreads to be cut to almost nil.

I hope this clears this up.

We do have a seminar in London tonight if you fancy learning a bit more about us.

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

I'm not trading with them, I've just looked into them. They say that all trades are instantly automatically executed and hedged. It's like trading DA, as you would see your position on market depth screen.
There might be a very slight delay of milliseconds in comparison to DA trading as 2 trades (your trade, their hedge) need to be placed rather than one, but don't know if this is in anyway detrimental to clients.

eatontrade said:
Thanks. I'm currently using tradestation for YM, have you found much of a difference in time delay between the direct access market and going though this company ?

The execution is instant. You use a futures trading platform called Ffastfill. Optional one click execution and you can trade on the ladder.

We are also currently working on integrating our platform with Ninja Trader, which should be live within a month or so...we hope.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

adrianbuthee said:
The execution is instant. You use a futures trading platform called Ffastfill. Optional one click execution and you can trade on the ladder.

We are also currently working on integrating our platform with Ninja Trader, which should be live within a month or so...we hope.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

Thanks for answers Adrian & Jtrader. Will open an account with small funds and trial it.

eatontrade said:
Thanks for answers Adrian & Jtrader. Will open an account with small funds and trial it.

have been trying training software the past week. been comparing it to my cmc account. would of made more on my trades this week than with cmc. its about the same deposit as i hold with cmc so i am going to give it a go. the scalping ladder is a1 imo.

dcarrigan said:
have been trying training software the past week. been comparing it to my cmc account. would of made more on my trades this week than with cmc. its about the same deposit as i hold with cmc so i am going to give it a go. the scalping ladder is a1 imo.

adrian

if is not a trade secret would it be possible to tell me how many future clients you have at the moment

dcarrigan said:
adrian

if is not a trade secret would it be possible to tell me how many future clients you have at the moment

We are rapidly growing and have several hundred at present. Our clients do vary, from the smaller, casual trader, right up to over 50,000 lots a month.

Regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

adrianbuthee said:
We are rapidly growing and have several hundred at present. Our clients do vary, from the smaller, casual trader, right up to over 50,000 lots a month.

Regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

thank you for your reply

adrianbuthee said:

Regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures
adrian
have filled appication form in but unsure where to send it as gib is address on form?

thanks

dcarrigan said:
adrian
have filled appication form in but unsure where to send it as gib is address on form?

thanks

We find the post to Gibraltar rather expensive and slow actually, so it is best to send it to our UK address:

TwoWayFutures
7 Trent House
University Way
Cranfield Technology Park
Cranfield
MK43 0AN

I look forward to receiving in the post.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

AB.
I reckon you could instantly snatch a huge number of clients away from the other SB companies, simply by reducing the initial deposit requirement!They'd then have to fight back by reducing spreads, so we'd all (punters, I mean) be happier.