Two moving averages and the macd

Well bund and dax are sometimes correlated, sometimes not. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow, I would guess that bund might push higher after the Austrian result but I don't really know. I tend to wait to see what price and volume tell me.

Fair enough. I didn't know the horizon for your analysis. Looks to be intra-day.

When using the macd indicator what is the best time frame in terms of using two moving averages on the chart above macd i.e. 6,21, or 50, 100 and so forth?

Whatever moving average time frame you use, should the macd always be kept in the default settings?

Why do you need two Mommas and the MAC daddy?

Fair enough. I didn't know the horizon for your analysis. Looks to be intra-day.

Yes it is intraday. You can use the same ideas with liquidity pools just past major highs and lows on all assets if you look at a monthly,weekly and daily chart. Monthly and weekly levels only for major highs and lows.
Then drill down to a daily chart. Then an hourly chart once the major high/low has been pierced and the liquidity has been tapped. Wait for a failed 1-2-3 to show trapped traders. Then hang on.

Look at a monthly and weekly gold chart. I was tracking this recently but don't trade it, was watching out of idle interest.Price breached a major high and bam. Like clockwork. Main issue is having the deep pockets as stops have to be wider than intra day trading.
Look at a legal and general chart (uk stock) in the same manner. Price has already done the monthly liquidity trap. Bam. Of course it doesn't work 100% of the time. Nothing does. But you have your trading future using this principle. But you have to wait for a failed 1-2-3 (a cross/recross) to show that there are trapped traders. 30 min/1hoir for really exact entries. 4 hour chart for more confirmation. All you'll ever need.

Prorealtime has a free end of day chart package which is excellent. Have monthly/weekly/daily charts up. Cycle through major markets. Awesome stuff
Trying to remember a current set up but tell.tell you what. You tell me.

6099-darktone-albums-joes-dope-moves-picture5320-hello-mr-joe.jpg

Yes it is intraday. You can use the same ideas with liquidity pools just past major highs and lows on all assets if you look at a monthly,weekly and daily chart. Monthly and weekly levels only for major highs and lows.
Then drill down to a daily chart. Then an hourly chart once the major high/low has been pierced and the liquidity has been tapped. Wait for a failed 1-2-3 to show trapped traders. Then hang on.

Look at a monthly and weekly gold chart. I was tracking this recently but don't trade it, was watching out of idle interest.Price breached a major high and bam. Like clockwork. Main issue is having the deep pockets as stops have to be wider than intra day trading.
Look at a legal and general chart (uk stock) in the same manner. Price has already done the monthly liquidity trap. Bam. Of course it doesn't work 100% of the time. Nothing does. But you have your trading future using this principle. But you have to wait for a failed 1-2-3 (a cross/recross) to show that there are trapped traders. 30 min/1hoir for really exact entries. 4 hour chart for more confirmation. All you'll ever need.

Prorealtime has a free end of day chart package which is excellent. Have monthly/weekly/daily charts up. Cycle through major markets. Awesome stuff
Trying to remember a current set up but tell.tell you what. You tell me.

I use MT4 and nothing else. I don't even have a reliable news source. So intra-day won't work for me as my primary approach. I don't do stocks either. Those markets are too small and too easily manipulated. FX is good even at bucketshops that use their own synthetic prices. When too far out of whack, their prices will be arbitraged back to the interbank rates.

There's nothing for me to tell. You have seen my chart, I have nothing on it. I do my best to buy low sell high. If that fails temporarily, I wait and get paid yields while I wait. Since I am diversified, I usually have something else that's working.

I use MT4 and nothing else. I don't even have a reliable news source. So intra-day won't work for me as my primary approach. I don't do stocks either. Those markets are too small and too easily manipulated. FX is good even at bucketshops that use their own synthetic prices. When too far out of whack, their prices will be arbitraged back to the interbank rates.

There's nothing for me to tell. You have seen my chart, I have nothing on it. I do my best to buy low sell high. If that fails temporarily, I wait and get paid yields while I wait. Since I am diversified, I usually have something else that's working.

Ok, so volume (or lack of it) which is responsible for moving price up and down is not something you look at. Fair enough. Yield investing is an excellent long term approach. Good luck to you and nice chatting with you.

Ok, so volume (or lack of it) which is responsible for moving price up and down is not something you look at. Fair enough. Yield investing is an excellent long term approach. Good luck to you and nice chatting with you.

I look at proprietary analysis. Data available to me is very limited. So doing intra-day is generally impractical for me. If push comes to shove, I guess I could do some if forced.

But I do find your stuff interesting. Do you care to explain/demonstrate ? Or, is your purpose simply to point beginners to the general correct direction, rather than to elaborate ?

what did the 1st MA say to the 2nd MA?

CROSS me i'll get you back! :D

I look at proprietary analysis. Data available to me is very limited. So doing intra-day is generally impractical for me. If push comes to shove, I guess I could do some if forced.

But I do find your stuff interesting. Do you care to explain/demonstrate ? Or, is your purpose simply to point beginners to the general correct direction, rather than to elaborate ?

It's better to be pointed in a general direction, with some advice. You say that you have keys to the mint, are in the mint, and yet you have limited data available to you. Seems like an impossibility. The data you need is what I have described: volume data. Volume (large amounts or small amounts) moves price. You can get this data if you want. I have described exactly what to look for.

"Large traders use stops that are always clustered above major highs and lows.

They use them to close out large positions and open up new ones in the other direction. Stop hunting is actually liquidity hunting! Or, of course, price just keeps on going. That's trading for you.

In terms of finding out where trapped traders are, look at failed 1-2-3 patterns, or M and W patterns (think it might be called a teacup pattern?!). Why does price take off when it hits a certain zone in these patterns? Clue-people are trapped.

Look up cumulative delta. Heavy selling and price is at support and doesn't move lower. What does that tell you."

This is all you need, along with a charting/data package that gives you the bund with cumulative delta. Sierra chart is probably the cheapest.

Here is a chart of today.
http://www.charthub.com/charts/2017/10/16/bund_5mins_171016180033
Cumulative delta (middle window) shows heavy selling and yet price is higher and resting at a support level. Do you go long, short or stay out? Who is trapped? This is all you will ever need to know.

It's better to be pointed in a general direction, with some advice. You say that you have keys to the mint, are in the mint, and yet you have limited data available to you. Seems like an impossibility. The data you need is what I have described: volume data. Volume (large amounts or small amounts) moves price. You can get this data if you want. I have described exactly what to look for.

I am in the mint already because I have a couple of out of money positions that produce yield. In effect, I am minting coins. Minting is obviously done inside a mint.

Are there free volume data available ? The data available in MT4 are manipulated. When my shop feels like it, they randomly re-scale the data or delay them for a few days, making reliable analysis difficult.

Large traders use stops that are always clustered above major highs and lows.

They use them to close out large positions and open up new ones in the other direction.

Is this only in the context of intra-day time frame ? For instance, the price is now near a major top. Since that top is on a higher time frame, would you call that a mega-top ? Do you expect a reversal there ? Nothing tells me there will be a reversal. But it doesn't bother me to be wrong. I can go back to waiting and minting in the mean time.

247188d1508178696-two-moving-averages-macd-bund.jpg

Stop hunting is actually liquidity hunting! Or, of course, price just keeps on going. That's trading for you.

Since everyone already knows and loves what a stop hunt is, it would be simpler just to use the existing term than to use a synonym. I am familiar with the function of stop/liquidity/order hunt/fill/business.

In terms of finding out where trapped traders are, look at failed 1-2-3 patterns, or M and W patterns (think it might be called a teacup pattern?!). Why does price take off when it hits a certain zone in these patterns? Clue-people are trapped.

123 pattern has 4 points ABCD. At which point are the trapped people located at ?

I presume M and W are double top/bottom. Where are the location of the trapped people, at the bottom of the double V or at the top ?

My take on any sharp move is to scare people. I suppose they could be scaring the trapped people.

Cumulative delta (middle window) shows heavy selling and yet price is higher and resting at a support level. Do you go long, short or stay out? Who is trapped? This is all you will ever need to know.

If this works as reliably as it sounds, why do you see the market as hard/difficult ? What causes this difficulty ?

Attachments

• bund.jpg
    bund.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,064
Last edited:
"I am just starting out in trading and I have some experience although I class myself as a novice."
And you want to know about MACD and RSI and yet know all about liquidity sweeps and want to tell me that I should stick to accepted terms, say you have keys to the mint and a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't really make any sense as a whole.

I have given you all you will ever need. Whether you choose to use it or keep asking obtuse questions to people whilst mildly chastising them/patronising them is up to you. Good luck!