• Love it

Votes: 121 61.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Not too bothered either way really

Votes: 61 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't get the point of asking the interviewees to work this out.

Surely trading has naff all to do with mental arithmatic!

Maybe the interviewer wanted to see how the applicants coped under pressure.

Jeff

32x32=1024. Didn't any of you program the 8-bit Commodore 64?! sheesh

Did I hear right, she's an "ex vet"....so she's about mid to late 20's , it takes maybe 6 years to become a vet....how long did she spend at it? Maybe she was so good at it she "retired" early like Anton...

I saw the Traders program last night.
Was very dissapointed to be honest. Found it very funny though.

Ten years ago this would have been a quality informative documentary from the BBC..................why does every program these days have to turn into the "X Factor" with people getting voted off etc after being verbally abused and insulted by a pannel of judges.

I can't wait until Celebrity Traders is on..........!

What number do I ring to vote off the Old Man........

just seen the show.

what kind of training did they get? surely even a simple 5 8 cross would have been better as a strat? having said that during that time i only traded bonds as the volatility was just crazy [my normal 5-15 pt stops on the 3 to 5 min in the ftse became 50pt stops in the 1 min] .

apparently in the real world people work 2 years in the office listening and watching before being let anywhere near a trading desk? so a few weeks is a real sink or swim event?

in the turtles they had a much more structured plan? this seems 'what does the newspaper say' trading?

frankly it looks to me they were set up to fail?

interesting the supervisor guy said naked [unhedged] trading was a mugs game .

also i froze the show when they show the screens to have a good look and they do have indicators.

i see the cash in on newbies has begun with a spin off blog [called Million Dollar Traders] offering a 'free report' on a 'textbook'...

and a million dollar trader 'trading and spread betting portal' that has nothing on it.

Last edited:
highly complex mathematical technical analysis"

bollenger bands? ;)

Van Dam explains

he is “100 per cent certain” that his money was as safe with the rookies as it would have been with the market experts. “What’s become clear over the past year is that the experts don’t know,” he says. “If you just do what the experts tell you it’s probably the quickest way of losing your money.

“Nobody on a real trading floor is ever going to let you film there since they’re worried it is going to be found out that they’re maybe not as clever as they pretend to be.”

Million Dollar Traders: Lex Van Dam and his million dollar TV gamble - Telegraph

more on his ideas

Van Dam insists that it is unwise to blindly trust news headlines, analysts or company managers. "You must do your own research," he said. The bottom line for Van Dam with the Million Dollar Traders programme is not to encourage trading at all. "Actually a lot of people who are trading shouldn't be trading

Hedge fund trader dismisses blogging - vnunet.com

Last edited:
he is “100 per cent certain” that his money was as safe with the rookies as it would have been with the market experts.

Its a pity he didnt select a group of "market experts" as a control sample against which to compare the groups results. Perhaps they could have also included a group of chimpanzee's who selected stocks at random.

Quite how money can be classified as "safe" when its being managed by a group of people with zero knowledge of risk management, nor the faintest idea of fundementals or technicals is a bit beyond me, but Im sure it'll all be OK in the end

highly complex mathematical technical analysis"

bollenger bands? ;)

Van Dam explains

he is “100 per cent certain” that his money was as safe with the rookies as it would have been with the market experts. “What’s become clear over the past year is that the experts don’t know,” he says. “If you just do what the experts tell you it’s probably the quickest way of losing your money.

“Nobody on a real trading floor is ever going to let you film there since they’re worried it is going to be found out that they’re maybe not as clever as they pretend to be.”

Million Dollar Traders: Lex Van Dam and his million dollar TV gamble - Telegraph

more on his ideas

Van Dam insists that it is unwise to blindly trust news headlines, analysts or company managers. "You must do your own research," he said. The bottom line for Van Dam with the Million Dollar Traders programme is not to encourage trading at all. "Actually a lot of people who are trading shouldn't be trading

Hedge fund trader dismisses blogging - vnunet.com

I'm not sure where they got the words "complex" or "mathematical" from but 'hey' what you gonna do?

I think what Jean Claude (do you get it? - sorry couldn't resist my poor attempt at humour) says is true - all the blogging and info is BS because you have to profit from others failures and, if they are all following each other, you have to try and find the crowd's stops to profit for yourself.

Well if they can only lose two and a half grand trading that badly in a day then it has to be pretty damn safe, actually...