Turning points

To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever figured out a truly accurate way to figure out future [anything do with speculating in the markets]. As far as I know, it has never been done. I don't believe that it will ever be done.

What a crock of pointless sh|te....

Ah ye of little faith!
How dare ye question the man who brought the world the Ambush and Zulu methods.
Trading Method: Ambush and Zulu Methods Combined

These strategies are so successful he has even trademarked their names.

And what's being served up alongside the crock of pointless sh|te

Why that old staple

Hypothetical hyperbole,

"we've already seen these methods work over the long term. If you had traded Joe's Corn-Wheat Ambush™ using ten lots during the time shown, you had the potential of earning $171,130 less commissions — not bad for trading on average 6 times a month! If you had blended in Joe's Zulu Method™ for soybeans, using ten lots, there was the possibility of earning an additional $77,380 less commissions."

To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever figured out a truly accurate way to figure out future turning points. As far as I know, it has never been done. I don't believe that it will ever be done.

I have encountered traders who have told me that so-and-so does it, but I have never seen the proof. Nevertheless, I’m willing to listen. I used to live in the “show-me” State of Missouri, so show me!

When it comes to the future, I believe that man has no absolutes. The best he can do is to determine statistically the probabilities of the occurrence of an event. But statistics are not sufficiently exact for trading without a complimentary management system that takes into account the aberrations that are bound to occur. I mentioned a few of those in previous newsletters. Here are a few more: What do you do about flood, drought, pest invasions, earthquakes, hurricanes, ice storms, tornados, volcanic eruptions, revolutions, and other phenomenon that all can push prices and market action to the extreme limits of the bell curve? What do you do when farmers decide to hold back their crops, or ranchers decide to hold over their livestock for higher prices? That's where management comes into play. However, even the best management cannot compensate for bad fills caused by crooked players, slow turnaround, bad data, fast market conditions, illiquidity, electronic failures, system failures, poor back office accounting, or a bunch of crazies flying airplanes into the former World Trade Center.

As long as you chase the idea of perfecting your trading along the lines of predicting what will happen, you are consigning yourself to failure. The best you can do is to manage your trading along the lines of what is likely to happen, and then make your best effort from there, using your human brain and your human intuition. Those are really all we have to work with.

Joe,

How many wednesdays in the year do i need to prove you wrong? How many? Go, Joe! Go and figure it all out for all it's worth! Figure the f*cker out at all levels!

Not sure what you mean by professionals, but no institutional trader on the planet is going 'exit their position out of fear' because a bit of depth is going to knock the market back a tick or two.

One way of identifying turning points is usuing market depth/order flow... If a level above price has a large depth, much larger than average and price touches the level without the size being removed then its likely this will be a temporary market top for a potential scalp... Which could be confirmed through Time and Sales, whereby if the type of trades coming @ the ask where relatively small/amateurs without any proffesional lot size then that would give further high probability that it was a turning point.... Furthermore in the run up to the level, in general time and sales had high volume trades @ the bid then proffesionals were creating their short positions or possibly exiting their buys in fear that the resistance will prove strong ;) That would further support the instance.
Another supportive element then would be if the resistance level corresponded with a specific level on the chart that you had considered important, furthermore adding validitity to the chance that the order is real and from multiple users (less likely to be faded) and generally considered strong resistance...
Then! If a tick-chart showed that when price touched the resistance level, volume was actually pretty low compared to previous tick-bars, representing that the average trade size was low over x amount of trades, that would give even bigger reasoning to the play!

Overall i've found it pretty effective...

Another way of identifying high and lows is to research through markets that have particularly high 5-minute volume on the touch of pivot levels, then you know these levels provide particularly strong resistance and can consistantly be considered strong levels of temporary turning points, if this was further backed through the order flow i was earlier talking about then... I would say you had a very, very good way of identifying a high.

Not that anything i say has any credibility after my previous posts :D :D haha

One way of identifying turning points is usuing market depth/order flow... If a level above price has a large depth, much larger than average and price touches the level without the size being removed then its likely this will be a temporary market top for a potential scalp... Which could be confirmed through Time and Sales, whereby if the type of trades coming @ the ask where relatively small/amateurs without any proffesional lot size then that would give further high probability that it was a turning point.... Furthermore in the run up to the level, in general time and sales had high volume trades @ the bid then proffesionals were creating their short positions or possibly exiting their buys in fear that the resistance will prove strong ;) That would further support the instance.
Another supportive element then would be if the resistance level corresponded with a specific level on the chart that you had considered important, furthermore adding validitity to the chance that the order is real and from multiple users (less likely to be faded) and generally considered strong resistance...
Then! If a tick-chart showed that when price touched the resistance level, volume was actually pretty low compared to previous tick-bars, representing that the average trade size was low over x amount of trades, that would give even bigger reasoning to the play!

Overall i've found it pretty effective...

Another way of identifying high and lows is to research through markets that have particularly high 5-minute volume on the touch of pivot levels, then you know these levels provide particularly strong resistance and can consistantly be considered strong levels of temporary turning points, if this was further backed through the order flow i was earlier talking about then... I would say you had a very, very good way of identifying a high.

Not that anything i say has any credibility after my previous posts :D :D haha

F*ck off

Ho ho ho

Attachments

• santa57[1].jpg
    santa57[1].jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 210
I wonder sometimes whether Joe Ross actually trades or is he a fictional writer ?

PM I recieved while I was at work:

GladiatorX

Trading Profile
View GladiatorX's Full Trading Profile
Favourite food

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your Fav food?

You get cookie for correct answer ?
x

I checked my emails while I was having a pint on my break and I saw this - I thought the dude was trying to get the answer to my secret question or something! Nice try.

P.S. Its SPAM