Trying to obtain a trainee position.....Minefield!

comullan

Hello all and good morning.

I am very interested in obtaining a position as a trainee preferably Trader or Broker although i am leaving it a little late in the game (26 years old) I have had an interest in the financial markets for many years and decided its time i start making money from it instead of speculating. I currently work as a project and production manager for a construction firm but to be honest it bores me to tears! I have recently passed my FSA regs and CISI unit 2 Securities, have a degree in Industrial and Product design (2.2) and have a good background in sales as I was a sales manager for another firm for a few years.

What I would really like to know is how best to break into the industry and do I honestly stand a chance of doing so? Has anyone any stories/tips on how they achieved this?

Any help/advice/pointers or even criticism will be appreciated,thanks in advance.

Hello all,

Just like to apologise for wasting peoples time with my post, after doing some research mainly through this forum I now realise how naive I have been in thinking I could get my CISI (SII) Exams and start looking for a Trainee Trader Position. I reckon I could maybe if I hunt down and harass every brokerage in London get a trainee Broker position. So I have started with my CV and cover letters piled up before me ready to post out tomorrow along with a long list of numbers of various companies whos receptionists will hate me by the time the month is out :cheesy:

However even to become a successful Broker (in my opinion, correct me if im wrong) I will need the mindset and skill of a successful Trader. I have not activated a trade account yet or tried any paper trading as I know I do not currently have the knowledge to be even messing around with play money. But I am going to put A LOT of time in over the next month to establish the skeleton of a decent, maybe not yet successful but workable Trading Plan to allow me to begin experimenting strategies, muffling my emotions and hopefully after a few years I will be a moderately successful trader/broker with a roof still over my head.

I again apologise for my previous naivety and creating another thread doomed to the dungeon of T2W. Goodbye and good luck. (y)

comullan