Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Trump has already indicated how he expects US global corporations to behave. A few days into the job, he warned Ford and GM that they needed to re-think their manufacturing and employment policies in favour of the US workforce.

This is a One man crusade put in place by the disenfranchised middle. There will be plenty of people watching events unfold. We should be thankful that his election was peaceful and democratic. The alternative may have been mass unrest.

If big corporations don't get on message, then I suggest this should be the area for increased scrutiny and reporting back to the voters. Corporations that operate without social conscience are not worth support. The voting public need educating who the enemy are. That will be crony corporations and their enablers, the politicians.

Trump has already indicated how he expects US global corporations to behave. A few days into the job, he warned Ford and GM that they needed to re-think their manufacturing and employment policies in favour of the US workforce.

This is a One man crusade put in place by the disenfranchised middle. There will be plenty of people watching events unfold. We should be thankful that his election was peaceful and democratic. The alternative may have been mass unrest.

If big corporations don't get on message, then I suggest this should be the area for increased scrutiny and reporting back to the voters. Corporations that operate without social conscience are not worth support. The voting public need educating who the enemy are. That will be crony corporations and their enablers, the politicians.

Do you really believe that conservatives are going to break up mega-corporations, raise wages, and reinvigorate collective bargaining? What about, for example, Mondelez International, owner of Cadbury? They have an annual revenue of $30B and do business in 165 countries. General Electric's revenues last year were over $120B. You think they give a damn what any particular government thinks about their operations and dealings? And they'll be around long after Trump is only a memory.

Trump's crusade is to enrich himself, and that's all. Why do you think he's done nothing to divest himself of his business holdings? Why do you think he stuffed his cabinet with millionaires and billionaires? These are people who are in touch with the working class?

You appear to have been sold a conservative bill of goods.

Well, I hope you are all listening good. This guy ain't gonna take any **** :)

I'd get with the programme if you have any sense, or get left behind :LOL:

Do you really believe that conservatives are going to break up mega-corporations, raise wages, and reinvigorate collective bargaining? What about, for example, Mondelez International, owner of Cadbury? They have an annual revenue of $30B and do business in 165 countries. General Electric's revenues last year were over $120B. You think they give a damn what any particular government thinks about their operations and dealings? And they'll be around long after Trump is only a memory.

Trump's crusade is to enrich himself, and that's all. Why do you think he's done nothing to divest himself of his business holdings? Why do you think he stuffed his cabinet with millionaires and billionaires? These are people who are in touch with the working class?

You appear to have been sold a conservative bill of goods.
are you wearing a white coat? LOL

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ur-country-not-theirs-we-are-not-going-leave/Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’

And you know exactly what is going on here in the United States. There are many people who do not want us to be here, and who want to create a wall in order to separate us,” he said.

“But you know what? This is also our country. Let me repeat this: Our country, not theirs. It is our country. And we are not going to leave. We are nearly 60 million Latinos in the United States,” he continued. “And thanks to us, the United States eats, grows and, as we’ve seen today, sings and dances.”

“So when they attack us, we already know what we are going to do. We are not going to sit down. We will not shut up. And we will not leave. That is what we are going to do,” he added.

Ramos gave his speech on Friday during Premios Lo Nuestro, or “Our Awards,” on Univision.

Ramos, who immigrated to the U.S. from Mexico, frequently portrays American law as unjust and prejudiced and supports open borders.

“The taboo issue of an open border should be tackled. Not now. Politically it is impossible even to discuss that. But I don’t see why we can’t have in North America the same immigration that they have within the European Union,” Ramos said to Time magazine in 2014.

The U.S. should not enforce its immigration laws even after illegal aliens kill Americans, he said during a CNN interview in August 2015, because that would be “completely unfair” to the illegal population. In June of 2016, Ramos told a crowd of illegal aliens gathered in Houston, Texas, “I think you the DREAMers are the Rosa Parks of this time.”

And Ramos’ views are not fringe ones in Mexico: A 2013 poll found that 66 percent of Mexicans believe the U.S. government has no right to limit immigration, while 52 percent said Mexicans have a right to be in the United States. Another 88 percent said it is fine to enter the U.S. illegally if one needs money. Over half, 56 percent, said they had friends or family who tried to immigrate to the U.S. illegally.

At last the idiot has re-affirmed support for NATO.
Has he stopped his nonsense ? Well not totally - the wall is still going ahead.

Everyone knows this Trumpie character is a liar or at best deals in 'alternative facts', yet the market goes to record highs when he says he's going to do lots of good things for 'merica.
I'd say this won't end well but its all about confidence not truth (just like fiat currency) and he seems to have it in spades.

This obsession with insulting Trump, as see in this thread, is what the global corporate media/elite wants you to occupy yourselves with. Corporate tax cuts are the incentive for markets going up, it's not mom and pop middle-class investors spending whatever small disposable income they have.

This obsession with insulting Trump, as see in this thread, is what the global corporate media/elite wants you to occupy yourselves with. Corporate tax cuts are the incentive for markets going up, it's not mom and pop middle-class investors spending whatever small disposable income they have.

I didnt know you had friends in the global corporate media/elite who told you their secret nefarious plans. :eek:

Or are you just expressing your opinion like everyone else? :)

I didnt know you had friends in the global corporate media/elite who told you their secret nefarious plans. :eek:

Or are you just expressing your opinion like everyone else? :)

Atleast I'm not peddling insults and obsesssing over personalities. The effects of the global world order can be seen to an observant and open mind.

Point is US is the bully boy.

If it doesn't get its way it starts interfering in other states affairs, destablising countries like Iraq and Syria and soon it will Iran.

Implement lots of little terrorist cells and then create some placebo type enemy of no significant threat to justify its huge spending and military dominance.

First it was communism and fighting geurrilla's, then it was muslims terrorists and now it needs a new enemy as there are no threats.

Main threat is probably Korea which it does absolute FA about because it knows the little short **** is unstable and lets China take care of it.

Even India and Pakistan are well behaved despite the actions of some stupid terrorist cells.

US needs a new bogey man. It needs its proxy wars to justify humangous spending on weapons killing innocent peoples.

As mentioned before, however, we now have economic powers not military.

Challenges to the world are from capitalism, automation and inequitable distribution of wealth?

Open your heart and think about what are the real threats in your life are right now?

Spending too much of my time and life reading this and the Brexit threads :LOL:

Spending too much of my time and life reading this and the Brexit threads :LOL:

Don't be so stinchy with your time. :rolleyes:

I saw this advert and I thought what a load of capitalistic rubbish junk food.

Now here is somebody who I would not hire who doesn't know how to manage his time to have a good healthy breakfast. :eek:

BUT then... maybe you could do with it (like him) so you can spend more time doing things you don't want to :cheesy:

Don't be so stinchy with your time. :rolleyes:

I saw this advert and I thought what a load of capitalistic rubbish junk food.

Now here is somebody who I would not hire who doesn't know how to manage his time to have a good healthy breakfast. :eek:

BUT then... maybe you could do with it (like him) so you can spend more time doing things you don't want to :cheesy:

Don't get me going on processed food.........(n)

Mind you, when you buy fruit make sure that you wash all the Flit off. What the plants eat we can't do much about.

Anecdote: When I was on leave my mum cooked pig's kidneys, which I loved.

Later, my wife, knowing this, did the same. One day, I opened the fridge door and was hit by a smell of urine. My wife and I got it down to some kidneys, which went into the bin.

A couple of weeks later, I mentioned this to a relative, a farmer.

"Oh," he said, "they give the pigs injections, before slaughter. They can't ****, so It fattens them up and they weigh more".

Haven't eaten kidneys since then.

http://time.com/4686810/trump-congress-address-supporters-bronx/

Throughout the night, Trump largely got a receptive and approving audience here. There were claps for the president’s line about building a “great, great wall” at the Mexican border and for his statement on protecting the nation from “radical Islamic terrorism.”

Some of them jeered Democrats for not standing up and applauding when Trump talked about supporting law enforcement and imposing a five-year ban on executive officials becoming lobbyists. The biggest applause line came when Trump said: "My job is not to represent the world. My job is to represent the United States of America."

Steve DeMartis, a call center supervisor and Bronx native, routinely clapped after many of Trump’s remarks, particularly when he mentioned a "merit-based immigration system."

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated or a president so stupid

Republicans now say they have a secret new medicine that they promise will cure what ails you. “Freedom.” That’s right, freedom is their solution to health care. What this means is freedom to pick out a health-care plan that fits your needs and then find out you can’t afford it.

Many people can't afford Obamacare, did you know? Wealthy retirees and people on welfare can though.