Trump Presidency and the Consequences

You conveniently forgot that OBAMA has amassed more debt for the USA than ALL previous presidents combined. FACT, not fiction.

Peter

Where is this fact? Source please?

Last time I looked into this Bush doubled debt and so did Obama.

Before anything else is said, if Trump gets his way he'll also will have doubled current levels of debt.

Seriously what do you people have against obama, he did a very good job. He also represented the country well. Be a man of principles and Give credit when credit is due.

So, what do YOU people have against Trump? He'd only been in office for 2 weeks so no existing term track record to criticize.

OBAMA increased the debt more than all other previous presidents combined.

Peter

Something for our American cousins to think about???

What you eat!!!

Watch this program and save your families incase you don't already know about what you may be eating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0&list=PLEB124A6E471EFAB5

Full Movie Here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smk2xq2l3Ig&t=1188s

I just hope Theresa May doesn't do some stupid TTP trade deal and bring it over here polluting our food standards and regulations.

Brexiters should watch this Food Inc film too. You may choose / decide to never eat meat again. You should as vegetarians live healthier and longer lives.

If you don't do it for your selves think of your family and children.

:love::love::love:

Let's wait and see if that really happens, then you can argue it all you want.

Peter

That's fine too. I guess it's a question of whether they'll raise the debt ceiling or not.

Without raising it there are no tax cuts which I wouldn't give to the already wealthy anyhow.

I'd be raising taxes on those who can afford it, to pay off the debt. US one of the most inequitable countries on the distribution of income scale. Capitalists are fast running out of earning other peoples money, the banks have to print money for them. How else can they keep the madness going? ;)

A chain e-mail circulating in New Jersey claims that Obama has "added" $6.5 trillion to the national debt, while his 43 predecessors added $6.3 trillion combined.

But the chain e-mail is wrong to suggest the additional debt during Obama’s tenure already has exceeded the level of his predecessors. In terms of both debt held by the public and total debt, the Obama administration has added less debt than the amounts in place when he took office.

We rate the statement Mostly False.

--Politifact

Trump starts from the premise that he's popular and then believes any theory that proves it

President Trump’s Wednesday night interview with ABC’s David Muir suggested a very simple explanation of why he continues to make outrageous and false claims about voter fraud and crowd sizes: motivated reasoning.

This is the lens through which Trump’s repeated, easily disproven claims make sense. Trump believes that he’s a popular president, swept into office in a popular uprising, with a strong mandate. He starts with that belief and works backward. He fabricates claims to support it. If some of the fabricated evidence falls short — by, say, implying that he was elected in a corrupt election defined by copious voter fraud — he just shifts the fabricated evidence so it serves its intended purpose again.

Psychologists call this phenomenon “motivated reasoning,” and it’s incredibly common. But we’re only now starting to see just how destructive having someone who engages in it constantly in the White House can be. (more)

Pete mate that is not fact. Where is the source? Who is the accounting body? If you read the blurb it says the following.

When it comes to increasing the national debt, President Barack Obama has done more than his 43 predecessors combined.

Well, at least that’s according to a chain e-mail circulating in New Jersey, echoing a claim made to varying degrees by different Republican officials in recent years.

Here is one from Reuters http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-war-anniversary-idUSBRE92D0PG20130314

It was also an update of a 2011 report the Watson Institute produced ahead of the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks that assessed the cost in dollars and lives from the resulting wars in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq.

The 2011 study said the combined cost of the wars was at least $3.7 trillion, based on actual expenditures from the U.S. Treasury and future commitments, such as the medical and disability claims of U.S. war veterans.

That estimate climbed to nearly $4 trillion in the update.

You should add cost of interest and cost of looking after veterans who returned without limbs.

You also need to add costs claimed by Haliburton, Dick Chaney's company which went from being a little $5 to $70 p/share company over the course of the war.

US started using privates security contractors with monies coming out of different government budgets and not being appropriated to the war.

Surprised you submit a chain mail with a claim to some numbers as fact / source. Tut tut tut...

US almost lost the dollar standard over that war. They took out Saddam not because of 9/11 but because he was using Euros to sell oil and wouldn't accept dollars. Euro went up considerably and Iraq treasury made a mint during his reign.

I think the true cost is 6Tr + with continuing interest and veteran health costs.

At least Obama spent the money in the US economy on medical staff who gained income and people who gained health in recovery.

When you produce bullets and rockets they only kill. They don't really have any productive outcome or benefit. :idea:

Surprise surprise the Mexican President is refusing to pay for his loony wall !

A tariff on Mexican imports will hurt the US consumers. Are they willing to pay for it ? I doubt it.

He could put minefields along the border I suppose. In fact the blueprints for the Berlin Wall must be collecting dust somewhere.

What a stupid idea.

He is daft enough to confiscate all the lego bricks in the USA and...........oh forget it.

https://goo.gl/images/tkA6SS

Last edited:
Surprise surprise the Mexican President is refusing to pay for his loony wall !

A tariff on Mexican imports will hurt the US consumers. Are they willing to pay for it ? I doubt it.

He could put minefields along the border I suppose. In fact the blueprints for the Berlin Wall must be collecting dust somewhere.

What a stupid idea.

He is daft enough to confiscate all the lego bricks in the USA and...........oh forget it.

https://goo.gl/images/tkA6SS

I think Mexico are really being a bit of a stick in the mud here being disagreeable to a fair proposition which will be conducive to trade between both countries.

Only yesterday, I informed my next door neighbour John, that I was going to build a new fence panel with concrete posts and because my house is bigger than his he should pay for it.

Whilst my garden is clean and tidy looks great, he gets to benefit from all the lovely flowers and vegetation.

His garden is rather messy and Mrs doesn't like seeing their clothes on the washing line.

Unlike Mexico my dear next door neighbour John, said sure thing no problem, just send me the invoice when you're done and he'll pay for the new fencing.

Now there is one very reasonable good man. If only all neighbours could be so honourable upright citizens the world would be so much better.

;)

I think Mexico are really being a bit of a stick in the mud here being disagreeable to a fair proposition which will be conducive to trade between both countries.

Only yesterday, I informed my next door neighbour John, that I was going to build a new fence panel with concrete posts and because my house is bigger than his he should pay for it.

Whilst my garden is clean and tidy looks great, he gets to benefit from all the lovely flowers and vegetation.

His garden is rather messy and Mrs doesn't like seeing their clothes on the washing line.

Unlike Mexico my dear next door neighbour John, said sure thing no problem, just send me the invoice when you're done and he'll pay for the new fencing.

Now there is one very reasonable good man. If only all neighbours could be so honourable upright citizens the world would be so much better.

;)

:LOL:

All this Mexico wall stuff is just hype. There are already lengths of wall and fence though not continuous coast to coast. But the majority of illegal immigrants via Mexico are not skipping around the ends of the current barrier lengths.

But it plays well to the Trump voters, it sounds like he's tough and means business. Mexico can look tough standing up to something they already live happily with, so they look good too. And the left can moan about humane treatment of poor migrants and blah blah blah. The media love it because its just an endless story and helps get viewers/readers tuning in.

Its a fabricated issue. In reality, nobody wants illegal immigration (or emigration) through a desert.

I think his telling us to keep quiet. :cheesy:

So does the wall get built or not? :innocent:

Ironic, isn't it, that the two countries that come down harder than most on immigration were founded on mass immigration, have excelled economically because of it and wouldn't exist in their present form without it.

Take a bow Australia and USA :)

Well the US act like they're tough on illegal immigrants but the majority of them got in on legal visas but then over-stayed. Its like all visitors are being allowed a provisional right of residence - if they can live in the country without claiming benefit or getting arrested, maybe they should be allowed to stay, especially when finding them and shipping them out again is so high and so uncertain. Especially if the rules for getting a visa are as strict as the rules for getting residence.

I don't see US (or UK) immigration rules getting radically tougher any time soon.

I honestly feel sorry for you guys. Are your lives that bad and hum-drum that you spend them on here, creating thread after thread complaining non-stop. :cry:

A mexican president just declined a meeting with the sitting U.S. president. Does this sit well with you? Keep in mind it's MEXICO!
Few decades ago no one in latin america would dare whisper such an action.

I see someone is complaining about people complaining !
Ah well nothing like a good winge to unblock the system.
Some of those criticized may actually take some notice too. Well the ones with more than 2 working brain cells, that is.