Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Given that most off them are all about money and power as well, they think he's just great. It's the peeps who will suffer, as they have before, but they never learn. So it's up to the courts and the states.

Given that most off them are all about money and power as well, they think he's just great. It's the peeps who will suffer, as they have before, but they never learn. So it's up to the courts and the states.

If he can't buy them he will try and scare them.
What he really is looking for is a large success to say to the US people - "look what a hero I am. Follow me and we can take the world."
In the movies James Bond would have settled his ambitions terminally but here we are in the real world or is it an alternative world of lies and deception. A pity because some of his sentiments are praiseworthy.
Any fool can spend big.
I feel the principles of freedom and democracy are worth standing up for.

I'm looking forward for the budget. According to the BBC he is proposing to increase defence spending by 9%.

I thought he was going to cut military spending. Looks like US is preparing for war with Iran (proxy war with Russia) and Korea (proxy war with China).

He says we need to start winning.

To me any such notion will see the end of the US as a global power.

Moreover, spending on military, giving away tax cuts and spending on infrastructure whilst building walls just doesn't add up.

Republicans have to build a sky scraper shifting up their debt ceiling quite a few floors I think.

US debt currently stands at 77% of GDP!

I'll have to put my thinking cap on as to where one may be able to avoid these wars. Costa Rica sounds nice. I'm told they don't have an army. How wonderful :)

On December 1, 1948, President José Figueres Ferrer of Costa Rica abolished the military of Costa Rica after victory in the civil war in that year. ... Costa Rica maintains small forces capable of law enforcement and foreign peacekeeping, but has no permanent standing army.

Who thinks the fiasco at the Oscar's last night was deliberate?

Voting for a black film about finding sexual identity. That vote was about politically charged as one may get against the white christian supremacists.

However, no one is talking about the film but only about the mix up.

How hilarious is that?

Is it just me being cynical or does anyone else wonder WTFred's going on here? :whistling

Who thinks the fiasco at the Oscar's last night was deliberate?

Voting for a black film about finding sexual identity. That vote was about politically charged as one may get against the white christian supremacists.

However, no one is talking about the film but only about the mix up.

How hilarious is that?

Is it just me being cynical or does anyone else wonder WTFred's going on here? :whistling

I thought that the cockup at the Oscar Awards, last night, and Trump having, just, become President and at loggerheads with Hollywood, a remarkable coincidence.

Probably a Republican Trump yes man. Cover up ?

I'm now wondering what deal Trump is going to do with Putin over Iran? Assuming he can of course!

Watch this space!

Axis of Evil Final Chapter...

Russia Looks to Exploit White House ‘Turbulence,’ Analysts Say

“They are all telling each other that this is great, he created this turbulence inside, as we wanted, and now he is focused on his domestic problems and we have more freedom to maneuver,” Mr. Venediktov said. “Let them deal with their own problems. There, not in Ukraine. There, not in the Middle East. There, not in NATO. This is the state of mind right now.”

Russia Looks to Exploit White House ‘Turbulence,’ Analysts Say

“They are all telling each other that this is great, he created this turbulence inside, as we wanted, and now he is focused on his domestic problems and we have more freedom to maneuver,” Mr. Venediktov said. “Let them deal with their own problems. There, not in Ukraine. There, not in the Middle East. There, not in NATO. This is the state of mind right now.”

Well what ever is going on... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is a bit of a fishy smell about it all... :whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling

Seoul says North Korea executes 5 senior security officials

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea executed five senior security officials with anti-aircraft guns because they made false reports that "enraged" leader Kim Jong Un, South Korea's spy agency said Monday.

Sound like anyone we know?

In remarks at a press preview of his budget priorities on Monday, President Donald Trump teased the idea that, after working with his team and in consultation with Republican governors, he is nearly ready to unveil his plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

“We have come up with a solution that’s really, really, I think very good,” he said, before proceeding to say nothing about what that solution looks like. One issue, according to Trump, is that health insurance policy is difficult. “It’s an unbelievably complex subject, nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.”

Actually, everybody knew.

Idiot.

Seoul says North Korea executes 5 senior security officials

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea executed five senior security officials with anti-aircraft guns because they made false reports that "enraged" leader Kim Jong Un, South Korea's spy agency said Monday.

Sound like anyone we know?

Don't give him ideas !

Don't give him ideas !

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/01/15/rick-santorum-obama-was-a-vindictive-bully/

SANTORUM: Yes. I take big issue because President Obama was probably one of the most vindictive presidents that we’ve ever dealt with in going after individual members of Congress and anybody who disagreed with him, and that was one of his hallmarks. One of the things that made it him hard for him — I’ll be honest — hard for him to get things done was going after Paul Ryan while Paul Ryan is sitting right in front of him and trying to embarrass him.

TAPPER: On Medicare.

SATORUM: Yes, on Medicare and going after the Supreme Court during the State of the Union address where the Supreme Court — trying to bully the Supreme Court. This president has been a bully. This president has been tough. He’s done it in a cool way, I’ll give you that. The guy has style, but it’s not because he’s been — he’s been light handed or he’s been soft touch. He’s been a very tough touch.

Much better policy having friends rather than using bully tactics.
I read somewhere that the US already spends more on defense than the next 8 countries together. Yet he thinks he needs another $40 billion. I know he is scared to walk down steps but that is an absurd waste of money surely.

Which war has the US lost or failed to achieve desired objectives due to shortage of military weapons, money or soldiers?

Nuclear arsenals

Nine countries together possess around 15,000 nuclear weapons. The United States and Russia maintain roughly 1,800 of their nuclear weapons on high-alert status – ready to be launched within minutes of a warning. Most are many times more powerful than the atomic bombs dropped on Japan in 1945. A single nuclear warhead, if detonated on a large city, could kill millions of people, with the effects persisting for decades.

The failure of the nuclear powers to disarm has heightened the risk that other countries will acquire nuclear weapons. The only guarantee against the spread and use of nuclear weapons is to eliminate them without delay. Although the leaders of some nuclear-armed nations have expressed their vision for a nuclear-weapon-free world, they have failed to develop any detailed plans to eliminate their arsenals and are modernizing them

http://www.icanw.org/the-facts/nuclear-arsenals/

Just one of those nuclear weapons can demolish London within the M25. How many cities are there exactly that is worthy of a nuclear strike?

The number of weapons far outweigh number of targets.

Trump wants to increase nuclear weapons and expenditure on military weapons? It's crazy. Does he think that'll change the global map in anyway?

The mind boggles?

:(

One of the biggest consequences of The Donald being elected is the mushrooming number of online forum posts detailing how every single thing he does is anti-democratic, anti-'Merican even anti-sceptic. :rolleyes:

Still, it beats losing money shorting the Dow. Its not even going to attempt to go down today.