Trump Presidency and the Consequences

The Press isn't frightened of him yet. But the press are cowed in Russia/China. Yet another bad mistake by Dump. They will scrutinize all his moves and words now that he has had a go at them. Already he is ridiculed around the world.

I think the last press conference still has everyone in shock here. It was like "Holy crap this is funny hahahahahahahah"
then it became...."holy crap....he's the president"

The Press isn't frightened of him yet. But the press are cowed in Russia/China. Yet another bad mistake by Dump. They will scrutinize all his moves and words now that he has had a go at them. Already he is ridiculed around the world.

No reason why they should be afraid of him. They're constitutionally protected. He's learning his civics lessons along with everyone else.

Trumps Swedish gaff is just his wording, he constantly mixes some of his words, just like we all do and all Presidents do. Except in this case it's broadcast by social media and then pounced on by the press to turn it into something more than it is. He was after all referring to a Fox News report the night before except it just didn't come out that way.

Just another celebrity leadership day in the news.

Holding one of the most important office in the world you'd think he'd be careful about choice of his words.

Often they are written, vetted and scripted so he'd read out. Sometimes he does and other times he shoots from the hip and we now learning where those bullets land.

As his period in office progresses, his representitives are saying one thing in opposite view to what his mumbling. For example; https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...s-commitment-to-eu-on-last-european-tour-stop

It is unforgiveable in diplomatic relations for Trump to bad mouth the EU or German foreign policy objective of holding EU together, whether you disagree with it in public or not?

Does anyone see Germany bad mouthing US foreign policy?

These kinds of words are more likely to be handled behind closed doors through diplomatic speal.

Trump is trailer trash washing laundry in public what ever he thinks. Has he discussed this with his team or US departments. Has he thought out policies going forward?

His an absolute sh1t head and fast becoming laughing stock of the World and US administration now titled "The Swamp" is being made GREAT again by this fabulous man who really is the best deal maker EVER to have walked on planet Earth.

:LOL: Totally :LOL:

Trump's comments about the press are, only, what everyone has been saying about it for years. He is not saying anything new. The danger is that the President is saying it.

I am not saying that I like the guy. Just that he has won the election by feeding the listeners what they want to hear.

And who was the last UK or US leader who didn't do that? Must be before my time...

Holding one of the most important office in the world you'd think he'd be careful about choice of his words.

Often they are written, vetted and scripted so he'd read out. Sometimes he does and other times he shoots from the hip and we now learning where those bullets land.

As his period in office progresses, his representitives are saying one thing in opposite view to what his mumbling. For example; https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...s-commitment-to-eu-on-last-european-tour-stop

It is unforgiveable in diplomatic relations for Trump to bad mouth the EU or German foreign policy objective of holding EU together, whether you disagree with it in public or not?

Does anyone see Germany bad mouthing US foreign policy?

These kinds of words are more likely to be handled behind closed doors through diplomatic speal.

Trump is trailer trash washing laundry in public what ever he thinks. Has he discussed this with his team or US departments. Has he thought out policies going forward?

His an absolute sh1t head and fast becoming laughing stock of the World and US administration now titled "The Swamp" is being made GREAT again by this fabulous man who really is the best deal maker EVER to have walked on planet Earth.

:LOL: Totally :LOL:

I think your abuse of Trump is a bit over the top. Not sure exactly what he has done to you. I mean he's been in the job about a month, he has a lot of soundbites, controversial comments, but then that's what made him popular on the apprentice. That's part of what got him voted in, you wouldn't expect him to stop that. Whether you agree with his views or not (and I mostly don't), he's so far sticking to them, and that's something most politicians don't do. Our own London mayor completely lied on one of his main campaign pledges and did a U-Turn within weeks of getting into office!

Why do you view Trump so much worse than Obama and Bush. The former left the country and the world in a worse state than he found it and accomplished very little in 8 years tbh. The latter went to war, twice, and was certainly capable of a stupid comment or two.

As it stands trump has made some silly comments and not done a lot apart from disrupting travel to his own country and offending some people. Is this really deserving of the kind of abuse you throw at him? It doesn't compare to blowing up people in foreign countries.

Why not at least wait 6 months to a year and judge him on what he actually does and what effect it has on his country and the world. It's not looking great so far, but it's way too early to judge.

I think your abuse of Trump is a bit over the top. Not sure exactly what he has done to you. I mean he's been in the job about a month, he has a lot of soundbites, controversial comments, but then that's what made him popular on the apprentice. That's part of what got him voted in, you wouldn't expect him to stop that. Whether you agree with his views or not (and I mostly don't), he's so far sticking to them, and that's something most politicians don't do. Our own London mayor completely lied on one of his main campaign pledges and did a U-Turn within weeks of getting into office!

Why do you view Trump so much worse than Obama and Bush. The former left the country and the world in a worse state than he found it and accomplished very little in 8 years tbh. The latter went to war, twice, and was certainly capable of a stupid comment or two.

As it stands trump has made some silly comments and not done a lot apart from disrupting travel to his own country and offending some people. Is this really deserving of the kind of abuse you throw at him? It doesn't compare to blowing up people in foreign countries.

Why not at least wait 6 months to a year and judge him on what he actually does and what effect it has on his country and the world. It's not looking great so far, but it's way too early to judge.

Calling other presidents deals a dumb stupid deal just smacks of a man who is a total sh1t head to me. Whether it was a dumb deal or not, weather I like Obama or not is immaterial. Many teams and body of government have worked towards an international deal/agreement. He needs to play by the rules.

I would say/rephrase it as, "this was a bad deal which is not working out as we may have imagined. Sometimes best intentions in the world don't meet with expectations. We are looking at reviewing or reversing some of these decisions."

Dumb stupid deal! He says. Effectivley calling Obama dumb. He is calling the President Office of USA stupid. He is turning the White House into a swamp. Trailer trash speak.

Dumb stupid sh1t head he is to me. There is protocol and etiquette. I know the difference? Does he?

Speaking out against other leaders pov eg: Merkel, whilst they have elections going on and speaking his ill thought out stupid opinions in public is another p1ss poor behaviour. Hanging up the phone on the Australian PM is p1ss poor behaviour.

Have to call a spade a spade. Guy's a sh1t head. Clear enough for me.

Full of BS and lies and fake news. As I say he is turning the White House into a swamp. More to come I'm sure. They must all be wondering how to shut him up.

(y)

You may want to rethink your handle.

I think I asked a fair question. Are you suggesting Obama did amazing things? Is it likely that someone like Trump would be voted in if things were going swimmingly under Obama and all in the right direction?

Calling other presidents deals a dumb stupid deal just smacks of a man who is a total sh1t head to me. Whether it was a dumb deal or not, weather I like Obama or not is immaterial. Many teams and body of government have worked towards an international deal/agreement. He needs to play by the rules.

I would say/rephrase it as, "this was a bad deal which is not working out as we may have imagined. Sometimes best intentions in the world don't meet with expectations. We are looking at reviewing or reversing some of these decisions."

Dumb stupid deal! He says. Effectivley calling Obama dumb. He is calling the President Office of USA stupid. He is turning the White House into a swamp. Trailer trash speak.

Dumb stupid sh1t head he is to me. There is protocol and etiquette. I know the difference? Does he?

Speaking out against other leaders pov eg: Merkel, whilst they have elections going on and speaking his ill thought out stupid opinions in public is another p1ss poor behaviour. Hanging up the phone on the Australian PM is p1ss poor behaviour.

Have to call a spade a spade. Guy's a sh1t head. Clear enough for me.

Full of BS and lies and fake news. As I say he is turning the White House into a swamp. More to come I'm sure. They must all be wondering how to shut him up.

(y)

The first bit of bold is you rephrasing comments in a politically correct way, which sort of goes against the second bold. I'm not too worried about the cosmetics of it. I prefer plain speaking even if it's rude, than complete lies (see my comment about the London Mayor).

Yes it seems unprofessional to say some of the things he has, but then the EU has said some pretty unprofessional things about Brexit, so has Boris and others. I don't see you showing the same sort of dislike everywhere.

Trump said something weird about Sweden, but really it was just a news report he saw, he gets slammed for that. At the same time, the former swedish leader asked what he was smoking which seems even more unprofessional. Why is that ok?

Perhaps people are tired of politically correct, but ultimately dishonest people in politics.

I think I asked a fair question. Are you suggesting Obama did amazing things? Is it likely that someone like Trump would be voted in if things were going swimmingly under Obama and all in the right direction?

You didn't ask a question. You said "The former [Obama] left the country and the world in a worse state than he found it and accomplished very little in 8 years tbh." Assuming you weren't around in 2008, I suggest you google "Obamas accomplishments".

The first bit of bold is you rephrasing comments in a politically correct way, which sort of goes against the second bold. I'm not too worried about the cosmetics of it. I prefer plain speaking even if it's rude, than complete lies (see my comment about the London Mayor).

Yes it seems unprofessional to say some of the things he has, but then the EU has said some pretty unprofessional things about Brexit, so has Boris and others. I don't see you showing the same sort of dislike everywhere.

Trump said something weird about Sweden, but really it was just a news report he saw, he gets slammed for that. At the same time, the former swedish leader asked what he was smoking which seems even more unprofessional. Why is that ok?

Perhaps people are tired of politically correct, but ultimately dishonest people in politics.

Let me guess... you feel Trump is a breath of fresh air! An honest politician who's arrived to save the downtrodden people of the US of A?

There are titles/roles/character profiles everyone plays. It is not political correctness just different masks we all wear. I know the difference and the requirements. I am not the president of the USA. I'm just a pleb speaking his mind liberally under an anonymous dog name.

Trump's appreciation of his place, the office and his standing in that office are not in alignment with what the business of government is about.

I don't know if Hillary put Chelsea in charge of security or nominated her for a role, I'm sure you and Trump would all be up in arms but he has no hesitation in putting his family in various offices and tweeting about how other people should run their business turning down his daughters clothing line.

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort Doubled Its Initiation Fee to $200,000! Expectation is that foreign visitors will be using it and if they don't, choosing to book elsewhere how will Trump view their visit?

I'm just wondering what it will take for his supporters to wake up sooner or later to what kind of a man they put in the White House?

You didn't ask a question. You said "The former [Obama] left the country and the world in a worse state than he found it and accomplished very little in 8 years tbh." Assuming you weren't around in 2008, I suggest you google "Obamas accomplishments".

I did ask. Why do you (Atilla) view Trump so much worse than Obama and Bush?

In terms of accomplishments, googling that will just show someone's opinions on his successes. It's not likely to turn up a lot of opinions about how little he achieved and his failings.

In any case, I just googled to check what it would turn up. I see things like, rescued the US economy (don't agree with this, it is cyclical to rebound, but th truth is the US is more in debt than when he took over), Wall street reform to make the system safer (sorry but Wall Street is less safe now), Health Care reform - not everyone agrees this is such a success, Climate change...more polluted than ever. Some policies set to be scrapped, so no lasting effect. Maybe not his fault.

I don't have anything against Obama, it's a tough job. But 8 years and worse off financially is the end result from my point of view. Syrian refugee crisis one of the worst in recent memory. Markets are completely distorted, wage growth sluggish and inequality has grown. Inflation on the way. What is so great? And he had 8 years. And Bush had 8 years. Same applies.

All I'm saying is this sort of abuse is over the top for someone who has been in a job for a month.

I don't know if Hillary put Chelsea in charge of security or nominated her for a role, I'm sure you and Trump would all be up in arms but he has no hesitation in putting his family in various offices and tweeting about how other people should run their business turning down his daughters clothing line.

Are you seriously saying this?! You're talking about Trump putting a relative in position, and saying you don't know about Hillary...that would be Hillary Clinton, wife of president Clinton...who was appointed by her husband the president while in office I believe. Who was perhaps nominated to run this time partly because her husband is Bill, and because she was wife of the president, and because she was given a job and had such a high profile.

Unbelievable that you could write that :)

That is your take. I haven't been comparing accomplishments just commenting on his p1ss poor bad behaviour, contradictory babbles and policies.

I was prepared to give him a chance but can now see after 30 days he is turning the White House into a swamp. Two of his nominations in his inner circle have just contraticted him.

I agree with his Russian stance and have said so.

I don't see what our view or anyone else's got to do with it???

Why don't you just tell us what you think about his policies whether / why it's positive or negative instead of commenting on what we think say or do?

It's like telling the media to shut up or that's fake news because he doesn't like what his hearing.

Even the White House press secretary is coming under disrepute. It's all fake news is their defence.

It's the job of the media and the public to scrutinise and comment on what he is doing and where he is taking the country? Being USA it is of interest to everyone.

You are asking us to cut him slack give him a chance and I'm wondering why?

Are you seriously saying this?! You're talking about Trump putting a relative in position, and saying you don't know about Hillary...that would be Hillary Clinton, wife of president Clinton...who was appointed by her husband the president while in office I believe. Who was perhaps nominated to run this time partly because her husband is Bill, and because she was wife of the president, and because she was given a job and had such a high profile.

Unbelievable that you could write that :)

You are talking about Bill.

So what's the difference between what Bill has done and what he has done?

What would have been your response if Hillary nominated Chelsea?

It's all the same?

You saying because what Bill did was wrong and it's ok for Trump to do it?

Do you not see they are all the same?

What about raising hotel fee and clothing line stuff and taking a jab at another business?

Be fair!

In terms of accomplishments, googling that will just show someone's opinions on his successes. It's not likely to turn up a lot of opinions about how little he achieved and his failings.

In any case, I just googled to check what it would turn up. I see things like, rescued the US economy (don't agree with this, it is cyclical to rebound, but th truth is the US is more in debt than when he took over), Wall street reform to make the system safer (sorry but Wall Street is less safe now), Health Care reform - not everyone agrees this is such a success, Climate change...more polluted than ever. Some policies set to be scrapped, so no lasting effect. Maybe not his fault.

I don't have anything against Obama, it's a tough job. But 8 years and worse off financially is the end result from my point of view. Syrian refugee crisis one of the worst in recent memory. Markets are completely distorted, wage growth sluggish and inequality has grown. Inflation on the way. What is so great? And he had 8 years. And Bush had 8 years. Same applies.

All I'm saying is this sort of abuse is over the top for someone who has been in a job for a month.

As I said, you really ought to rethink your handle.

That is your take. I haven't been comparing accomplishments just commenting on his p1ss poor bad behaviour, contradictory babbles and policies.

I was prepared to give him a chance but can now see after 30 days he is turning the White House into a swamp. Two of his nominations in his inner circle have just contraticted him.

I agree with his Russian stance and have said so.

I don't see what our view or anyone else's got to do with it???

Why don't you just tell us what you think about his policies whether / why it's positive or negative instead of commenting on what we think say or do?

It's like telling the media to shut up or that's fake news because he doesn't like what his hearing.

Even the White House press secretary is coming under disrepute. It's all fake news is their defence.

It's the job of the media and the public to scrutinise and comment on what he is doing and where he is taking the country? Being USA it is of interest to everyone.

You are asking us to cut him slack give him a chance and I'm wondering why?

As I said, it's too early to tell. It's all showbusiness at the moment. One month. Let's see what 6 months to a year brings. I don't understand all the criticism. Well I do...but I mean, it's overblown.

I'd cut anyone slack in their first month in a job, wouldn't you?

It might be the job of the media to do what you say, but unfortunately that's not what they do.

You are talking about Bill.

So what's the difference between what Bill has done and what he has done?

What would have been your response if Hillary nominated Chelsea?

It's all the same?

You saying because what Bill did was wrong and it's ok for Trump to do it?

Do you not see they are all the same?

What about raising hotel fee and clothing line stuff and taking a jab at another business?

Be fair!

No difference. It's the same. In Hillary's case it's worse if anything, simply because she was escalated to not only a position in Washington but even a presidential candidate. I'm as fair as they come. If you want to destroy Trump for it...that's fine. But let's also see the Clinton's destroyed for the same, and the Bush family, and the Kennedy's.

They are all the same. Power hungry politicians, advancing their friends...family...anything to cement more power. So why is it just Trump that's a villain? or is he just the target of the day?

Last edited:
As I said, you really ought to rethink your handle.

Your opinion. As likely right, as wrong. I'm open-minded. If you want to demonstrate the great things Obama has done, by all means do so. I'll listen and think about it. Otherwise, you're saying nothing with your comments.

I lean more towards the democrats...but I would have thought even democrats could see that Obama was hamstrung, and couldn't get much of what he wanted done at times. And those things he did get done...well they will be revoked...or they didn't work out too well...or too much sacrifice was made to get them done. Very little will last.

Another few trillion in debt added on the pile? Isn't that a BIG problem that you might want to deal with during 8 years in charge? That will last. That will grow. That will have an effect.

Don't worry...he was the most televised chat show president in history...the people will love him :)

You talk about the man behind the curtain, but I think the wizard of Oz has you fooled.