Translation and Interpretation to other Language

flizzoe

Hi T2W,

I really love to read articles in this website. I'm from Malaysia and the number of traders are growing here. The thing is, there is lacking of information in the national language of this country, Malay language.

I would like to know, how can I have obtain the right to translate and interpret all relevant articles from English to Malay language, and sell the translated and interpreted writings to the traders here.

Thank you.

Perhaps we can open some new multilingual forums to cater for those non-english speaking countries. The problem of course is how to moderate them, when it's not a language we speak. It comes down to having good moderators who you can trust to take care of them. I'd have no objection to translating of some of our best posts, as long as credit were given to the poster, and the content remains on this site - free of charge.

If anyone is interested in moderating a forum in their own language, whether it be european, asian, african or south american - do let me know.

Also a further thought, as an extension to the 'socials and groups' forum - would there be any interest to having country specific forums, so that traders from each country have somewhere to discus trading between themselves?

Perhaps we can open some new multilingual forums to cater for those non-english speaking countries. The problem of course is how to moderate them, when it's not a language we speak. It comes down to having good moderators who you can trust to take care of them. I'd have no objection to translating of some of our best posts, as long as credit were given to the poster, and the content remains on this site - free of charge.

If anyone is interested in moderating a forum in their own language, whether it be european, asian, african or south american - do let me know.

Also a further thought, as an extension to the 'socials and groups' forum - would there be any interest to having country specific forums, so that traders from each country have somewhere to discus trading between themselves?

Thanks for the reply. Having a new forum in Malay language would be cool. But what I'm asking is not translating any good posts in this forum.

There are so many good article in here: http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/

and I'm interested to translate and interpret selected articles into Malay language. The content might be free, but the work absolutely not. The number or traders are growing here and whenever they asked me something, and I give them a reference, they would ask something in Malay language since they are not good in English. I can see huge demand in this matter therefore I would like to know where I can obtain the permission.

Thank you.

Sharky,

The posts on T2W are given without reference to commercial potential - they are gratis, with the possibility of helping others. Tell this joker where to go.

Grant.

Sharky,

The posts on T2W are given without reference to commercial potential - they are gratis, with the possibility of helping others. Tell this joker where to go.

Grant.

I'm just asking where to get the permission. I can do it without that since you guys don't understand the language. What's wrong if I want to do it in proper way?

Like I said earlier, the content absolutely free, but not the translation and interpretation job.

I'm just asking where to get the permission. I can do it without that since you guys don't understand the language. What's wrong if I want to do it in proper way?

Like I said earlier, the content absolutely free, but not the translation and interpretation job.

Even if you translate it you don't own the copyright. That said, Malaysia isn't exactly known for its strict adherence to international legal standards, so you'll probably get away with it. The onyl way you can do it legally is to ask the authors of the articles to waive their copyright, or buy it from them

Even if you translate it you don't own the copyright. That said, Malaysia isn't exactly known for its strict adherence to international legal standards, so you'll probably get away with it. The onyl way you can do it legally is to ask the authors of the articles to waive their copyright, or buy it from them

That's what I mean! How to do it legally, what is the right way.

Flizzoe,

There’s a difference between translating existing material and translating your own material, for example. A translator can interpret anything but he can’t produce the hard work – the originality and technical expertise of, for example, posts on T2W. Plenty could Translate War and Peace but they couldn’t write a comparative original.

“I can do it without that since you guys don't understand the language”. There’s an indictment.

Maybe Sharky is a bread-head and you may strike lucky (I want 50%).

Grant.

Flizzoe,

There’s a difference between translating existing material and translating your own material, for example. A translator can interpret anything but he can’t produce the hard work – the originality and technical expertise of, for example, posts on T2W. Plenty could Translate War and Peace but they couldn’t write a comparative original.

“I can do it without that since you guys don't understand the language”. There’s an indictment.

Maybe Sharky is a bread-head and you may strike lucky (I want 50%).

Grant.

Okie dokie, understood :eek:

Btw, I also have no intention to charge my translation job at a high price since I know what will they do - 2 or more persons would pay for one copy and then they will photocopy it.

Flizzoe,

Given the significance of the Asian investor, you have a major skill. I’m confident you will make a success along the lines proposed, legitimately. I reckon many of the smaller European/US brokers would be interested in using your services. Also, you could become a representative for their investment services in your own country. Maybe consider contacting a few.

Good luck.

Grant.

Flizzoe,

Given the significance of the Asian investor, you have a major skill. I’m confident you will make a success along the lines proposed, legitimately. I reckon many of the smaller European/US brokers would be interested in using your services. Also, you could become a representative for their investment services in your own country. Maybe consider contacting a few.

Good luck.

Grant.

Thanks,

I'll do that when I'm ready. For the time being I just want to finish my law degree (improving my CGPA) and trade properly to have a good portfolio. I'm interested to become a fund manager. I wonder is there any of the brokers interested to have one person who can be an executive officer + fund manager + legal advisor/lawyer :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi T2W,

I really love to read articles in this website. I'm from Malaysia and the number of traders are growing here. The thing is, there is lacking of information in the national language of this country, Malay language.

I would like to know, how can I have obtain the right to translate and interpret all relevant articles from English to Malay language, and sell the translated and interpreted writings to the traders here.

Thank you.

Just make sure my rambunctious grammar and delightful sense of humour aren’t lost in translation. :(

Before anybody starts charging anything... just like to point out the obvious:

Google Translate

Just copy & paste the URL of a webpage and you get a translated webpage in under 5 seconds. I've tried it in the languages I speak (Dutch, French, German) and I was very impressed.

Malay isn't part of the possible translations yet, but Chinese is for instance. I think Google has enormous potential with this...

Before anybody starts charging anything... just like to point out the obvious:

Google Translate

Just copy & paste the URL of a webpage and you get a translated webpage in under 5 seconds. I've tried it in the languages I speak (Dutch, French, German) and I was very impressed.

Malay isn't part of the possible translations yet, but Chinese is for instance. I think Google has enormous potential with this...

well then, it seems like I still need to translate it myself :whistling

FW,

I don't share your enthusuiasm re Google translations. From the Italian: "A return ticket to Lake Maggiore,my good man, and be quick about it. And damn your impudence".

It came back: "Convey me across the Bosphorous, O boatman for I wish to consult with the Sultan".

Grant.

FW,

I don't share your enthusuiasm re Google translations. From the Italian: "A return ticket to Lake Maggiore,my good man, and be quick about it. And damn your impudence".

It came back: "Convey me across the Bosphorous, O boatman for I wish to consult with the Sultan".

Grant.

:LOL:

Well, I must admit, haven't tried Italian myself.

The translations are far from perfect though, but for anybody who wants to have a quick look they suffice. I've used it a couple of times for translating large texts from English to Dutch for a friend of mine. It still requires a couple of corrections afterwards and it's far from perfect, but then again, Google's stock has passed it's top ;)

FW,

Dutch is a rare second language, so I'm guessing you are either Dutch or of Dutch origin. Is that close?

Grant.

FW,

Dutch is a rare second language, so I'm guessing you are either Dutch or of Dutch origin. Is that close?

Grant.

Yes, I thought you knew I'm from Belgium :) Although Flemish should really be considered as a dialect of Dutch, because what they speak in the Netherlands doesn't exactly sound the same at what we speak here. But I guess the same can be said for Scotland, Wales and the England.

Anyway, you know Belgium, that little country where they speak as much as three different languages and where the BBC recently reported about our struggly to get a new government running after the recent elections because of the social & cultural differences between the North (Flanders) & South (Wallonia). Aaah... the things we need to do in order to become famous abroad :LOL:

Mind you, prices for our "famous" Belgian chocolates has gone up significantly.