Trading YM/ES using Murrey Math

Re: Does anyone actualy list the 64 trading RULES for Murrey Math?

Hi There,

i was wondering if anybody actualy knows how to trade using Murrey Maths?

I have purchased the book, i also have the indicator on my esignal, but i am still confused as to when to buy, where to place my stop, and where to place my target.

I have backtests buying at 0/8, with target of 2/8 and stop at -2/8 but this is NOT profitable.

I have also backtest buying at 1/8 with target at 4/8, and stop at -2/8, and again this is NOT profitable.

So i have a few questions,

1. Does anybody actualy trade Murrey Maths profitably?
2. What your entry, stop, target rules for trading murrey math?

I can see many charge where the price bounces of a main Murrey Math line, but when you backtest it, it is not consistently profitable enough to simply buy and sell at the MML

So i want to know if anyone actually trades this system profitables, and what your system rules are for engagement?

Thanks
Riz

f you are still around are you aware that many MML indies repaint, ie recalculate which I think would make it difficult to back test. Eotpro has one designed by Richard Todd, that holds constant, I believe on the back test.

That said I have been watching them diligently for the last week along with a few days of pyrapoint and I am impressed. Combined with VSA/Wyckoff you got a nice reversal system.

It's not that simple I'm afraid.
I have a manual somewhere and the calculations are complex.

Ratios and cycles are fascinating BUT re trading we always end up with the same question. Where do you measure from.??

From the obvious high to low is where MML should be calculated just like Gann or Fibos. If nothing else the R to R is fantastic.

Re: Murrey math

Rog - murrey math is in essence based on Gann's work. The maths is complicated but using software or as some over at moneytec do excel spreadsheets is easy. There is a long an extensive thread on murrey over there, worth checking out. Another murrey thread is over at www.traderscommunity.com. For background reading check out http://www.webspace4me.net/~blhill/pages.aux/murrey/TKnotes.1.html. Or murreys own site www.murreymathtrading.com

Frugi, nothing wrong with being a cynic but those lines are drawn by the software my friend, the key is confluence of a number of indicators that lead to good risk/reward trades. so murrey for me is just one more tool - not the holy grail.

happy trading

MM is indeed incredibly interesting. Not sure much how to work it out though.. math bores me.. lol Have had it applied to some charts I watch for a while and it works very nicely as an extra tool, just like you say... (y) (ps. is there a holy grail ?) :p

Re: Does anyone actualy list the 64 trading RULES for Murrey Math?

I assume you did not read the book lol.
and you did not factor in a lot of stuff such as time that is included in the book.
beside there are more factors such as news, pattern, candle ,etc.

but I am interested

try backtest w this filter

1) outside day stocks or futures
2) must have higher high pattern at least 3 or 4.
3) buy on pullback at 2/8, 3/8 only
4) sell at 6/8 and 7/8
5) time

reverse the filter for short.
you can combine any conditions. but let me know what filter do you use.
see how is the result

Hi There,

i was wondering if anybody actualy knows how to trade using Murrey Maths?

I have purchased the book, i also have the indicator on my esignal, but i am still confused as to when to buy, where to place my stop, and where to place my target.

I have backtests buying at 0/8, with target of 2/8 and stop at -2/8 but this is NOT profitable.

I have also backtest buying at 1/8 with target at 4/8, and stop at -2/8, and again this is NOT profitable.

So i have a few questions,
1. Does anybody actualy trade Murrey Maths profitably?
2. What your entry, stop, target rules for trading murrey math?

I can see many charge where the price bounces of a main Murrey Math line, but when you backtest it, it is not consistently profitable enough to simply buy and sell at the MML

So i want to know if anyone actually trades this system profitables, and what your system rules are for engagement?

Thanks
Riz

intregrity traders has the murrey math which draws a vertical line on the bar of shift.

a poster asked where he could find the eod calculator i have that one for the dow and forex

dan from metatrader forum....etc..

intregrity traders has the murrey math which draws a vertical line on the bar of shift.

a poster asked where he could find the eod calculator i have that one for the dow and forex

dan from metatrader forum....etc..

GO Philadelphia :)

Peter