Trading with Price and price only

Should I keep on posting on this journal

• Yes, please do.....

Votes: 82 88.2%
  • No, please dont torture us.....LOL

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters
it is sometimes difficult to be a parent, mind your kid in the morning, prepare breakfast, get kid ready, walk to school, and look for a trade, and even worse when the move and the setup happens exactly at that time. :mad:

to finish it off, come back price consolidates, gives a potential short setup that doesnt confirm (at least not for me) until after i walk out of the door to pick the kid from school :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

zilch. on an easy day if you are in front of the screen at the right time :mad:

I normally would have posted this in the evening when the trades had been finished, but came back from school, only to see this. :mad:

anyway, off to the park with the monster :D

edit: oh, and I tried to do the "white board excercise" but was a wimp and didnt enter the trade before i went to school in the afternoon :eek:

Attachments

• impossible to trade if you have a kid closes.gif
    impossible to trade if you have a kid closes.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 256
  • impossible to trade if you have a kid candles.gif
    impossible to trade if you have a kid candles.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
it is sometimes difficult to be a parent, mind your kid in the morning, prepare breakfast, get kid ready, walk to school, and look for a trade, and even worse when the move and the setup happens exactly at that time. :mad:

to finish it off, come back price consolidates, gives a potential short setup that doesnt confirm (at least not for me) until after i walk out of the door to pick the kid from school :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:eek:

jacinto, it's dificult to be anything when that happens. There are moments when one has to do other things, i.e answer the door, or just be glancing through T2W.

Such a one was on the GBP/USD at 0830, this morning. A drop of 40 points, then a recovery before dropping further. I'm just dipping a toe into Forex, just now, and this trade, I wasn't in.

But I asked myself "How many times does a 40 point drop happen in a minute with this pair?" A quick look back for a few weeks tells me "Not often" in fact, I can't find any others If it happened too often I think that I would scuttle back to index trading.

But I am, also, asking you, as a seasoned Forex trader, "Does it happen often?" :eek:

Split

jacinto, it's dificult to be anything when that happens. There are moments when one has to do other things, i.e answer the door, or just be glancing through T2W.

Such a one was on the GBP/USD at 0830, this morning. A drop of 40 points, then a recovery before dropping further. I'm just dipping a toe into Forex, just now, and this trade, I wasn't in.

But I asked myself "How many times does a 40 point drop happen in a minute with this pair?" A quick look back for a few weeks tells me "Not often" in fact, I can't find any others If it happened too often I think that I would scuttle back to index trading.

But I am, also, asking you, as a seasoned Forex trader, "Does it happen often?" :eek:

Split

hi split,

was doing "kid time" so, happened again. :rolleyes:

regarding the "seasoned" part. well, thank you but i am most certainly not a seasoned forex trader (probably only have a bit more experience on this market than yourself, but thats it). I moved from the supermarket shelf to a fridge, and the cook is finishing the marinade, such that i can get the seasoning :LOL: )

well, that selloff, better have a look at euryen. that is a sell off!! :eek: almost 200 pips in 60 mins. regarding the cable drop, it doesnt happen that often, and certainly not that sharp, but happens.

I came back from school to see that. i wonder what kicked the orders like that. all i could see in my news feed was heavy euryen selling affecting eurdollar due to lower open in european stock markets. is that the case, i dont know. The only time i saw such a sharp selloff with euryen has been with the carry trade scares. wonder if that is happening now. i dont know.

edit: also look at te AUDJPY selloff. larger than EURJPY

Last edited:
I havent traded today, and wont trade today. took that decision when i came back from school.

have concentrated more on "soul searching", and will continue to do this for some time. i will therefore pause this journal for some time.

thanks, and see you soon.

my 2 pips.

>I believe that futures and stock traders can still be successful without the aid of computers. Two of the most famous and successful traders never touched a computer--Jesse Livermore and Richard Wyckoff<<

http://www.actionforex.com/articles..._like_the_venerable_trend_line_2007101229953/

Hector has a kid also. he prefers 4 hr charts and uses sound alarms to warn when the actual gets in the trigger zone so can do other things. The setups can take two or three days to work with maybe only three trades a week but he has a good pip count. The vids are a good morale boost. it helped me.

Last edited:
my 2 pips.

>I believe that futures and stock traders can still be successful without the aid of computers. Two of the most famous and successful traders never touched a computer--Jesse Livermore and Richard Wyckoff<<

http://www.actionforex.com/articles..._like_the_venerable_trend_line_2007101229953/

Hector has a kid also. he prefers 4 hr charts and uses sound alarms to warn when the actual gets in the trigger zone so can do other things. The setups can take two or three days to work with maybe only three trades a week but he has a good pip count. The vids are a good morale boost. it helped me.
http://www.hectortrader.com/

thanks for your thoughts OT, appreciate them.

the "kid time" is not the cause for this pause. all is fine with myself, its just a process that i had been thinking of going through, and last night i finally decided start it next week.

Actually it was todays significant move what just brought forward this "soul searching break" :D

thanks again, still will have a look, though

j

thanks for your thoughts OT, appreciate them.

the "kid time" is not the cause for this pause. all is fine with myself, its just a process that i had been thinking of going through, and last night i finally decided start it next week.

Actually it was todays significant move what just brought forward this "soul searching break" :D

thanks again, still will have a look, though

j

Hi Jacinto, soul searching sounds a little important to me... Here is something I picked up along the way in determining what is important or not in ones life.

Let's use IT as what you are looking for...

Will you remember IT tomorrow?
Will you remember IT in couple of days time?
Will you remember what you were looking for in one weeks time?
Will you remember what IT was you were looking for one month from now?

Will you remember IT in December?
Will you still be thinking about it in January?
Will you be soul searching six months from now?

How about in one years time? Do you think you will still be pondering about IT?

Ok two years from now... Will IT still weigh in your mind?

Think about what is you are looking for? Will it be important or have the same significance three years or five years from now?

Finally, move ten years into the future. Look back where you are now and see your self.
How do you perceive or see your self?

Only you'll know the answer but as a mental exercise this is great for putting life and all it's trials in perspective to hammer out what is important and what not.

Best wishes to you and everybody else out there.

Enjoy all that you do... :D

Hello jacinto

What happen with your jurnal?
I love to see more trading with price action.

Regards
Catalin

Hello jacinto

What happen with your jurnal?
I love to see more trading with price action.

Regards
Catalin

A few months ago, we had a very experienced trader on our boards ( just cannot bring his name to mind at the moment ) I remembered Mr Marcus
and he was trying to help people with price action and so on , some people had bit of a go at him, and he left, to start his own web site

now coincidence or not , but all our best traders have slipped away ( and it seems that
they have to post that they are leaving site ,before they can join the new site

and thats sad ,as there was a lot of wise old birds with a lot of know how and they have flown away
and I for one miss there input , and also there insight into the way things work

hi jacinto i'm an italian trader...
thank u for all your free work and help :)

i would ask u in what way u define (find) your targets?
i appreciate a lot , good trading !

from italy (y):)

I just want to write this note to thank the best person I have never met.....you know who you are, so my salute to you maestro.

I think I am starting to be able to come down that mountain. I hope I have learned what I was supposed to learn, yet I stand halfway down and I still look back to that mountain top and wonder if I have learned what I should have learned......old habits I guess :)

anyway, this post wont make sense to many. It makes sense to me.

by the way, I am happy to have taken my very happy dose of 400 pips on cable overnight :cheesy:

Last edited:
I just want to write this note to thank the best person I have never met.....you know who you are, so my salute to you maestro.

That's because if you'd actually met that person, you wouldn't be hiking in the mountains. With the ice melting it's dangerous to stand there staring at the top for too long, before you know it an avalanche is coming down upon you...

Who is Mr Marcus?

A few months ago, we had a very experienced trader on our boards ( just cannot bring his name to mind at the moment ) I remembered Mr Marcus
and he was trying to help people with price action and so on , some people had bit of a go at him, and he left, to start his own web site

now coincidence or not , but all our best traders have slipped away ( and it seems that
they have to post that they are leaving site ,before they can join the new site

and thats sad ,as there was a lot of wise old birds with a lot of know how and they have flown away
and I for one miss there input , and also there insight into the way things work
001-0111100508-Who-is-John-Galt.GIF

Last edited: