efi8gj.gif
into our 2026 area..excelelnt stuff
bulls really goin to get tested now

into 20226 again for A retest 2023-2026
2020 horizontal supp area
lets see what happens
9870 retest..

So how are you finding P&F so far?
And what made you look into it, also which du Plessis book are you referring to?

Thanks for asking f2calv. I got interested in P&F after running across dentist007's 2 threads here on T2W. I was studying Wyckoff for a while and got interested in P&F then, but when I saw the dentist's posts on here, I was really impressed with what he was doing.

I'm reading Duplessis' first book, The Definitive Guide to P&F.

I really don't understand where you guys enter and exit your trades, but dentist007 said in one of his posts that the Duplessis book is really all a person needs to understand the method, so I'm hoping that as I work my way through it, things will become more clear. I'm about half-way through the book. Also, I haven't studied these threads like I intend to. So after studying the 2 T2W threads and finishing the book, I'm sure things will make a lot more sense to me.

Also, I'm in California, so this thread usually starts getting busy around midnight my time. That makes it a bit challenging to follow along too, LOL.

I was struggling to get my charting set up. I ended up with BEB 4.0. Dentist007 helped me through some problems I was having with that and now I'm able to create charts that look exactly like his so that's been helpful.

So, I'm enjoying reading the Duplessis book and following along here hoping that the "light" will turn on at some point.

Any advice you can give me on how best to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for filling me in @nopac always good to get some background :)

I'd been "not understanding" Dentists posts for about 2 years of using these forums until about a month ago I decided to pay proper attention and look into what the hell he was posting... and then I got quite excited ;)

So yes I'm also jumping from chapter to chapter in the du Plessis Definitive Guide (2nd edition) book, it's well written but also a bit repetitive at times. I have seen the name Wyckoff mentioned (and seen it on Dentists charts) but that's yet another thing I need to look into.

I can't really advise yet, as I'm still learning about P&F myself...

However I'm currently building my own P&F software from scratch, which is coming along quite nicely if I say so myself :smart:

UnOaUao.png

Now it can do all 5 types of P&F plot, namely Tick, Close, High/Low, Low/High and Open/High/Low/Close - pulling realtime data from IG Index and daily data from Google Finance.

Next on the to-do list is;
  • log-scaling, currently I only have arithmetic scaling.
  • pattern matching & support/resistance
  • real-time charting i.e. tick by tick

If you come up with any feature suggestions please let me know.

I'm off on holidays for 10 days now, so that work will have to wait until I return... so have a good Easter all! (y)

Thanks for filling me in @nopac always good to get some background :)

I'd been "not understanding" Dentists posts for about 2 years of using these forums until about a month ago I decided to pay proper attention and look into what the hell he was posting... and then I got quite excited ;)

So yes I'm also jumping from chapter to chapter in the du Plessis Definitive Guide (2nd edition) book, it's well written but also a bit repetitive at times. I have seen the name Wyckoff mentioned (and seen it on Dentists charts) but that's yet another thing I need to look into.

I can't really advise yet, as I'm still learning about P&F myself...

However I'm currently building my own P&F software from scratch, which is coming along quite nicely if I say so myself :smart:

UnOaUao.png

Now it can do all 5 types of P&F plot, namely Tick, Close, High/Low, Low/High and Open/High/Low/Close - pulling realtime data from IG Index and daily data from Google Finance.

Next on the to-do list is;
  • log-scaling, currently I only have arithmetic scaling.
  • pattern matching & support/resistance
  • real-time charting i.e. tick by tick

If you come up with any feature suggestions please let me know.

I'm off on holidays for 10 days now, so that work will have to wait until I return... so have a good Easter all! (y)

Wow! Really impressive. Is that stand alone or an add on to another charting platform? And when you say you're using IG Index data, are you importing CSV files?

If you can figure out how to plot the Wyckoff style charts (one-step back) and 45 degree trendlines, you'll really have something valuable. Nice work!

Happy Easter to you too.

F2calv
45 degree trendlines
Subjective trendlines
Very important
You can get a free 30 day trial from updata and compare
The lohi plot might have copyright..possibly on the name
Same with ohlc
Change the name to Alexplot...

Nopac..Wyckoff plot is one step back...one box reversal

Trends are the most important aspect of any chart
First look should always be close plot.....it gets rid of all the rubbish
Then you can expand by moving to hilo etc etc
Mark those trends
Isolate the latest one

Cheers for the input, I will look into all those points.
I can't see any copyright information/notes in du Plessis for the Low/High and OHLC plots - why do you suggest that?
I'm not planning on trying any other software (Updata or otherwise) for a long time as I don't want to be influenced by other developers architectural and design choices - starting from afresh I have a relatively clean canvas upon which to build a superior product! ;)

Cheers for the input, I will look into all those points.
I can't see any copyright information/notes in du Plessis for the Low/High and OHLC plots - why do you suggest that?
I'm not planning on trying any other software (Updata or otherwise) for a long time as I don't want to be influenced by other developers architectural and design choices - starting from afresh I have a relatively clean canvas upon which to build a superior product! ;)

try building in targets, somebody has already mentioned trend lines..id happily be a customer.

spx into the open
in theory...we should bounce
trend supp and horizontal supp area/aqua
bears be careful...lol..could be rinse time
we nailed the top at 2055 area...howver..not till wti broke $40 that we got some downward movement..We had that 40 marked aswell

2a7ijc8.gif

Nopac..Wyckoff plot is one step back...one box reversal

Right, I was saying it would be good if he could figure out how to plot those correctly. When you use a 1 box reversal in Ninja, they put individual X's and O's in their own columns instead of having X's and O's in the same column like it should be in the Wyckoff plot.

oil/wti
difficult to make out
should be plenty of supp in $38.00..trend and horizontal
definitely a top in with a minor downtrend
res at 40.00 and 40.80 areas
could go either way
scenarios
38.00 breaks and we go down...could get a fake there...38.00 res is not good for index
or 40.00 breaks and we go up..could get a fake there aswell..any break needs 40 as supp
index should follow...possibly
the good bit....range is tightening

e8719j.gif

pivot area at 40.20..not shown

Right, I was saying it would be good if he could figure out how to plot those correctly. When you use a 1 box reversal in Ninja, they put individual X's and O's in their own columns instead of having X's and O's in the same column like it should be in the Wyckoff plot.
not plotted correctly..dont use 1 box on ninja

dax
2 areas to watch
essentially..its rangebound
watch for breaks and fakes above 10k and below 9800 areas
10k supp...bulls happy
9800 res ..bears happy
could go either way
resembles oil/wti..lol

15z2tg6.gif