Trading view

I always do, no matter what platform or broker I am working with, trading view has the most accurate charts and the richest pinescripts

I am fairly new to them but they do look good. I am surprised that there is not more information/discussions about them on here. I want a strategy programming so that I can back test. Any ideas? did do a search but don't know how reputable they are.

Does any one use Trading veiw charts and pinescript?
TradingView provides a user-friendly platform that allows traders to visually analyze the markets and also build and test their own technical indicators and trading algorithms using Pine Script. It's a popular choice among traders for its flexibility and community-sharing features.

Does any one use Trading veiw charts and pinescript?
I use the free version jb, but I don't do anything with PineScript. I've tried to make some minor changes to a couple of indicators with the assistance of ChatGPT - but it's totally useless and failed repeatedly! TradingView is excellent IMO, and there's a ton of videos about it on YouTube if one needs help with anything. To wit, just search 'TraingView strategies' - or similar - and you'll find shed loads to choose from and test for yourself. Beware though of the click bait titles like '95% Success Rate' - as they are probably curve-fitted to the back test data and take no account of the win : loss ratio. There's no point winning $1.00 of ninety-nine trades only to lose $100.00 on the hundredth trade!
;)

I use the free version jb, but I don't do anything with PineScript. I've tried to make some minor changes to a couple of indicators with the assistance of ChatGPT - but it's totally useless and failed repeatedly! TradingView is excellent IMO, and there's a ton of videos about it on YouTube if one needs help with anything. To wit, just search 'TraingView strategies' - or similar - and you'll find shed loads to choose from and test for yourself. Beware though of the click bait titles like '95% Success Rate' - as they are probably curve-fitted to the back test data and take no account of the win : loss ratio. There's no point winning $1.00 of ninety-nine trades only to lose $100.00 on the hundredth trade!
;)
Thanks for your post. Easylanguage, pine script, metatrader, python and C+ are all very similar.I wrote a few programs in easylanguage a few years back, it took quite a while, just me being slow. I only want start/finsh session times added to a strategy and have put the job out for quotes on Fivver and freelancer. I did try on chat GPT and it didn't work. Not sure if its because I too am using the free version at the moment

Hi jb,
Glad to hear that it's not just me having problems with ChatGPT! I may be wrong, but I don't think the issue is with using the free version of TradingView as I've managed to save and load the script ChatGPT wrote - it's just that it contains errors. Like you, I've engaged someone on Freelancer to do the job - but I've not received the code yet. Fingers crossed he comes up trumps.
Tim.