Trading Times.

Iqbal

I am considering trading forex, and have a question regarding trading times which i hope the more experienced traders could share their knowledge on.

I hear that forex is a 24 hour market. Does this mean I can trade GBP/$ pair 24 hours a day,or does it just mean when GBP/$ market is closed another market around the world such as AUD/JPY is open thus making it a 24 hour market.

If all the markets are open 24 hrs a day, what are the best tarding times for each markets?

Iqbal said:
I am considering trading forex, and have a question regarding trading times which i hope the more experienced traders could share their knowledge on.

I hear that forex is a 24 hour market. Does this mean I can trade GBP/$ pair 24 hours a day,or does it just mean when GBP/$ market is closed another market around the world such as AUD/JPY is open thus making it a 24 hour market.

If all the markets are open 24 hrs a day, what are the best tarding times for each markets?

You can trade all the major pairs 24 hours a day. Those pairs are the ones that include USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, AUD, and/or CAD. The more regional currencies can also be traded anytime, but they get can get very thin outside their primary time zone.

The most consistently liquid period for trading is generally from the start of European trading (about 7:00GMT) through the end of US Trading in NY (about 22:00GMT), with the overlap when London and New York are both active normally being the most active trading period.

The forex market is open 24 hours per day all over the globe. While we are sleeping here in Europe,the Japanese and Asians are trading and so on