Trading the US the Naz/Mr. Charts Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, but with trading most people start off thinking it's dead easy and when they discover it requires time, learning, learning, learning and a good dollop of experience to boot, they forget common sense.
Maybe it takes that sort of post of yours to remind them.
Richard

Over on the "US Day Traders Thread" both Naz and Salty mentioned RIMM.
There is a feeling today that Window's Mobile upgrade will be a Blackberry killer - and for free.
This might produce trading oppys today so it's one to watch for a move in either direction.
Richard

RIMM proved to swing very nicely indeed as it rose off its higher low on momentum to hit the previous day's low. A nice classical swing move.
Richard

"Mr Charts on the other hand does charge for trading advice, mentoring, coaching etc.
Quite possibly on some buried thread all this is mentioned, but I haven't seen it.
But he, by offering to coach, should carry some responsibility for these new guys . . ."

d998,
You're correct. All this has been discussed at length on the following thread:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10214 and very tedious it was too, most especially for Mr. Charts. This thread is NOT about any responsibility that Mr. Charts' (and Naz) may or may not have towards others, it's about how they trade. Nothing more, nothing less. By all means question their interpretation of market sentiment, T.A., level II, T&S etc, etc, but for heavens sake don't go down the 'Mr. Charts and Naz are coaches, therefore they have responsibilities towards their students' route. No one here is interested. The tens of thousands of views that this thread has received are predominantly from one group of people: actual or aspiring U.S. day traders who want to learn how these two traders make a very handsome living doing what they do. What people do with that information is entirely up to them, it's got sweet F.A. to do with Mr. C' or Naz. I should know; I've had 1-2-1's with both of them and blown 70% of my account trading a very fast moving stock that I shouldn't have been trading. I'd love to blame Mr. C' and / or Naz for what happened, alas, the responsibility is mine and mine alone.
Cheers,
Tim.

I would go with what Salty says about starting small and learning. I only traded shares in lots of 50 to start as IB is so cheap. For a long time 200+ shares was a big no no and this kept me in the game as I have learned and continue to do so. Due to risk tolerance I rarely trade above 600 in any one trade. It is trading in small sizes and slowly increasing with experience that has kept my account intact. I too had been breaking even for about 18 months but with experience am now starting to profit.

It can be done but it takes a long time and you need to protect those $$$ or £££ until you turn the corner.

Thanks Tim.

Just wanted to make sure that you weren't referring to the Football Association or F.A. like that.

Entirely agree Scooby.

Seems that we have been travelling the same or a very similar path.

Great words Scooby most sensible i've read on this site for ages. I've had training from both as well and fully agree with your comments.

You can take a horse to water etc.

rdstagg,
Yes Auckland, New Zealand.

timsk,

This thread is NOT about any responsibility that Mr. Charts' (and Naz) may or may not have towards others, it's about how they trade. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thats fine, and I shall go back and have a slightly closer look at what exactly they are trading and "how". All that I have seen, but I only occasionally flick through, is a couple of charts showing the days move, and a list of profit, losses.

I've had 1-2-1's with both of them and blown 70% of my account trading a very fast moving stock that I shouldn't have been trading. I'd love to blame Mr. C' and / or Naz for what happened, alas, the responsibility is mine and mine alone.

A mature attitude. However, if you have paid to be taught a "successful" methodology, then to my mind irrespective of the speed of the stock you should have exited with a small loss from your stoploss, or a profit.

Is this 70% of your account in one daytrade, or a number of trades, over a # of days?

So, are you saying that you totally ignored everything that you had been shown,and, were trading your own methodology?
If that is the case, then of course, it is your responsibility. If however, you were trying to implement the methodology you had been shown, then that is a different matter.

Although it may not seem so, I am actually an advocate for coaching, or 1-2-1 education. Traders, need to be introduced to daytrading, very few will survive the noise otherwise.

cheers d998

Last edited:
I've had 1-2-1's with both of them and blown 70% of my account trading a very fast moving stock that I shouldn't have been trading.

Tim

I have just seen your wonderful trading plan template on another thread but having read the extract from your above post I am somewhat bemused.

Are we to conclude that a detailed trading plan which dots all the i's and crosses all the t's is purely cosmetic and that most people will simply file it, ignore it and proceed to blow their trading capital to smithereens ?

Or maybe it can be concluded that until one instils discipline into his trading, then there is not much point in having a detailed trading plan.

Last edited:
rdstagg,
I don't trade, I invest.
Dependant upon available opportunities, two broad strategies.

1....Generals
2....Workouts

cheers d998

I should know; I've had 1-2-1's with both of them and blown 70% of my account trading a very fast moving stock that I shouldn't have been trading. I'd love to blame Mr. C' and / or Naz for what happened, alas, the responsibility is mine and mine alone.

I suspect that they'll be pleased to have you back for a refresher session, and this time may I suggest that you pay particular attention to the explanations of tight stops / level 2 screen interpretations / reading the tape / support and resistance

Third sessions may be available if necessary.....

Good Luck

ducati998 said:
rdstagg,
I don't trade, I invest.
Dependant upon available opportunities, two broad strategies.

1....Generals
2....Workouts

cheers d998
What are Generals and workouts?
I have never heard of those before.

Interesting signature by the way.

Last edited:
timsk said:
I've had 1-2-1's with both of them and blown 70% of my account trading a very fast moving stock that I shouldn't have been trading. I'd love to blame Mr. C' and / or Naz for what happened, alas, the responsibility is mine and mine alone.
Tim, you make an extremely important (probably unintentional) point here.

Let me state up front I have not had trainings with either Alan or Richard so cannot comment directly. There has been a lot of slagging off of the various coaches on these boards for the wrong reasons.

Let me explain.

It is vital in any endeavour: Trading, running a business, training an athlete - whatever, that you are crystal clear what type of expertise your are buying in.

Training can be of the one-off or drip-feed variety.

One-offs are seminars, specific trainings as one or multi-day events either as 1-2-1 or groups.

Drip-feed is books, boards such as t2w, chatting with other traders etc.

In a one-off training you get the goods - and it's up to you what you do with them - if anything at all. This is your situation you refer to above Tim. You got the goods. They were delivered (the training). You did or did not use all you were given or not correctly. All quite valid.

Mentoring is where someone with a greater knowledge of your subject area [trading] guides you and holds your hand through the activity they are mentoring you in and help you avoid making mistakes. They normally will do this until you have sufficient mastery (in their opinion and yours) to handle things on your own. A mentor has to have significantly greater knowledge and experience in the target area than you do - otherwise there's no point. But the critical point is that they are there - guiding you - pretty much on a regular if not constant basis.

Coaching has the same aspect as Mentoring in terms of 'hand-holding' and supervision, but differs in that your Coach does not necessarily need to know more than you do about the subject matter or even be better than you - they just need to be experts in helping you bring out the best in you. For instance, Tiger Wood's coach is not a better golf player than Tiger. He may well play golf himself, but there's no need even for that. He just needs to know enough about the subject matter and most importantly how to help Tiger perform at his best.

I think this is where many of the confusions arise regarding the usefulness of trading coaches - there are very few of them. Naz and Mr. Charts are trainers. They may well provide on-going support, but I strongly doubt they can hand-hold all their people all the time - they are after all, traders - first and foremost.

I think with these distinctions borne in mind and with clear expectations of what can be achieved from each of these types of expertise buy ins, no trader should really have anything to complain about.

Thanks Bramble.

Yes Grant takes a very different approach to the majority of traders on this forum. I assume it works for him.

I wonder how many people understand his signature - for those unititiated in his words here is the translation. I have taken the liberty of completing the sentence from the original.

Multa renascentur quae iam cecidere cadentque
quae nunc sunt in honore vocabula, si volet usus,
quem penes arbitrium est et ius et norma loquendi.

Many terms will be born again that by now have sunk into oblivion, and many that are now held in respect will die out if that is what use should dictate in whose power is the judgment and the law and the rule of speech.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.