Trading the US the Naz/Mr. Charts Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

was wondering if anyone here has been on the 1-2-1 coaching with naz, any feedback would be great, please feel free to pm me.

Thanks

Yes Mr Charts has a rare talent - I would be quite happy humming along the middle lane of the motorway myself.
My area of weakness is the execution - particularly on shorts. I see it just that fraction too late and no fill.
Really frustrating.

Alan Rich

I have just read all the revews on Alan Rich and most of them seeem to deal with his understanding and expertise of Nasdaq stocks.Does anyone know if he coaches on how to trade the FTSE,DOW,DAX, either by spreadbet or direct execution.

gamma said:
I have just read all the revews on Alan Rich and most of them seeem to deal with his understanding and expertise of Nasdaq stocks.Does anyone know if he coaches on how to trade the FTSE,DOW,DAX, either by spreadbet or direct execution.

Alan Rich knows if Alan Rich coaches trading FTSE, DOW, DAX.

Why dont you email him directly ?

trendie said:
Alan Rich knows if Alan Rich coaches trading FTSE, DOW, DAX.

Why dont you email him directly ?
Thanks for the reply trendie.
I know this is a stupid question but what is Alan Rich's email address would be most grateful if you could post it.

Perhaps i can help.

My email is [email protected]

I trade UK stocks,Forex, Nasdaq stocks, the DOW and Nasdaq 100 indices.

I have just spoken at a free presentation for clickevents and GNI where i demonstrated trades on Nasdaq stocks ,UK market and Forex.I run trades for days and weeks in some markets.Yet make my principal living day trading Nasdaq stocks.

With that in mind i'll just mention that GNI have a new US level 2 cfd platform coming out in about 8 weeks that will allow traders to day trade US stocks with a minimum account size of £5,000, 10/1 margin and trade costs starting from as little as $2/trade.

Making the ideas that we show in this thread even more accessible to UK traders.

Naz

Last edited:
With that in mind i'll just mention that GNI have a new US level 2 cfd platform coming out in about 8 weeks that will allow traders to day trade US stocks with a minimum account size of £5,000, 10/1 margin and trade costs starting from as little as $2/trade.

Very interesting indeed.

So compared to my current US$ 50K pot, I will need only US$ 20K to get the same level of margin with GNI as I currently get with IB. Trade costs with IB start at US$ 1 per trade which implies that GNI's costs might be double those of IB.

It also means that I would be using rather more of the margined capital than I currently do.

But the thought of freeing up US$ 30K of capital does appeal to me although it would probably be unwise to change it back to GBP at the moment.

Anybody got any good US Dollar investment ideas ?

Cfd's

Morning,

Can anyone explain to me briefly the differencebetween CFD's and SB? I thought the Mr charts / NAZ approached relied heavily on being able to trade on the actual stock price and not for example a SB price for a US stock (as the aize of spread would not make it worth it). I thought CFD's were along the same lines, although this could be just my ignorance....

I guess what i really want to know is when you trade CFd's are you always getting the actual market price, or just a version of it like with SB - also what is the spread with CFD's? A large number of NASDAQ stocks have aonly a 1 cent spread, are CFD's as low as that?

Besides the margin, what are the advanatges, disadvantages of CFD's vs normal stock?

thanks in advance

D

DIN,
"I thought the Mr charts / NAZ approached relied heavily on being able to trade on the actual stock price and not for example a SB price". Correct, neither of them trade via SB; both have direct access accounts. Naz's point about GNI's CFD platform is that, potentially, it enables peeps like myself who don't have the $25K required to open a pattern day trader (PDT) account to trade the actual market price as opposed to the wider spread offered by the SB'ers, plus bias etc. If you're looking into this, tread carefully, as my understanding of the situation is that some market participants offer 'free' CFD trading whereby you don't pay any commission but you have to contend with an increased spread just as you do with the SB'ers. To my way of thinking, this is useless. I've not looked at it, but , by virtue of the fact that Naz mentions it here, I suspect strongly that the GNI platform will mirror the market spreads exactly - hence the commission charge. As for the advantages / disadvantages of CFD's, I suggest you do a search as there are a number of threads devoted to this subject. HTH.
Tim.

I mentioned CFD's just so readers of the thread realise that its another way to get into trading US stocks.

Anyone with a minimum account size should be able to trade up to 1000 shares in many stocks and even up to 500 shares of Google.

As Nasdaq stocks tend to move more than most,opportunities abound.T/a works very well and just a $1 run can give the average day trader a days money.

For example, my first trade today.A $2.76 run from Google.

Naz

Attachments

• gg.gif
    gg.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 213
  • gg1.gif
    gg1.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 282
timsk said:
DIN,
"I thought the Mr charts / NAZ approached relied heavily on being able to trade on the actual stock price and not for example a SB price". Correct, neither of them trade via SB; both have direct access accounts. Naz's point about GNI's CFD platform is that, potentially, it enables peeps like myself who don't have the $25K required to open a pattern day trader (PDT) account to trade the actual market price as opposed to the wider spread offered by the SB'ers, plus bias etc. If you're looking into this, tread carefully, as my understanding of the situation is that some market participants offer 'free' CFD trading whereby you don't pay any commission but you have to contend with an increased spread just as you do with the SB'ers. To my way of thinking, this is useless. I've not looked at it, but , by virtue of the fact that Naz mentions it here, I suspect strongly that the GNI platform will mirror the market spreads exactly - hence the commission charge. As for the advantages / disadvantages of CFD's, I suggest you do a search as there are a number of threads devoted to this subject. HTH.
Tim.
In my view therea are three main things that are useless, not two.

The first is wide spreads.

The second is high gearing.

The third is lagging.

Any combination thereof is a disaster.

As a direct access trader (IB/eSignal) I am not one of those being targeted by GNI as a potential client. However I would like to know how they propose to get around the Nasdaq rule that requires a minimum $25,000 on account for pattern traders?

Perhaps the $ is heading for 5 to the £ :)

Edward

Because they are offering CFDs. You are not trading the actual shares thus Nasdaq's rule is irrelevant.

What happened to Richard ?

Is he on holiday or has he finally got fed up with his detractors ?

This was the best thread on T2W while he was posting his trades.

:(
Is it just me , or does this sort of thing happen to other people too? I'm not really trading at the moment, - just playing around with some ideas. This trade presented itself and, to borrow one of Mr. Charts' favourite expressions, it looked like a 'nobrainer'.
I know, I know, not part of my trading plan, boredom trading etc, - I deserve what I get etc.

Short entry @ $84.93 at 2.36pm on very high volume. (First red candle after the doji). A generous stop set @ $85.14 Futures tanking; only one way for ESRX to go . . .
Would you adam 'n' eve it; stopped out six minutes later on the biggest spike in the history of big spikes! Please tell me I'm not the only one!
I have to say, I laughed when it happened; good job I've got a sense of humour. :)
Tim.

Attachments

• ESRX.PNG
    ESRX.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 237
Following on from my ESRX post above, here's a boast you won't see very often, I hope. Of the 19 stocks on my watch list, I could have been short on 17 of them at exactly the same time as the ESRX trade and I'd be in profit, and very handsomely so in some cases. I don't believe luck plays a big part in trading, but that is bad luck, isn't it? In fact, was anybody short of any stock at the same time as me and managed to lose? Bet I'm the only one. Just because you're paranoid Tim doesn't mean they're not out to get you . . . !
Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.