Trading the SPX

Bez said:
I don't know if it will plummet till the end of the year though...:?:

It has two options either a Expanded flat or a triangle...The traiangle will take up a lot of time but less on price while the flat will be a swift move down but take less in time...

My old flat count & the triangle...

This is what I was looking at but in the last hour it hasn't materialised...

Sorry... :eek:

Attachments

• H&S-False.gif
    H&S-False.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 189
This is what I'm looking at ...

Its wrong above 1481.5 (ES)

Attachments

• edlesserc.jpg
    edlesserc.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 217
debbie62 said:
This is what I see on the mini Dow. I may be wrong but I cannot see it on the ES. However, I do not think these two can work separately.
they sure can look carefully at the Dow compared to the SP cash long term

debbie62 said:
maybe we are going down

Hope ur right - been looking for a pull back for a while now and and getting mega frustrated by th inability of this thing to do anything other than go UP !!! :confused:

29Investments said:
Hope ur right - been looking for a pull back for a while now and and getting mega frustrated by th inability of this thing to do anything other than go UP !!! :confused:
A small piece of advice, if you permit.
Do not trade on hope.
Trade what you see, not what you think/want to see.

Atilla said:
Does anybody else see H&S on the hourly ( 1 - 4 hr ) charts?

I think we may have a drop to 1455...
Is this what you are talking about?
I would be very wary of putting targets with all this strength around

Attachments

• AI282203-84.jpg
    AI282203-84.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 198
Bez said:
I don't know if it will plummet till the end of the year though...:?:

It has two options either a Expanded flat or a triangle...The traiangle will take up a lot of time but less on price while the flat will be a swift move down but take less in time...

My old flat count & the triangle...
Am I correct to assume that your B,C,D,e(in blue writing) points are based on time? The fibonacci ratios that go with these look quite unusual, to say the least.

debbie62 said:
maybe we are going down

maybe we're not.........if youre going to trade what you see and not what you think, then, is this a good time to wait for confirmations and not geometry, that wants to box price?

Joules MM1 said:
maybe we're not.........if youre going to trade what you see and not what you think, then, is this a good time to wait for confirmations and not geometry, that wants to box price?
as for the first point, maybe we are not, I totally agree.
as for the second point, I must admit that I do not understand the question

Joules MM1 said:
geometry is the confirmation if applied correctly

debbie62 said:
as for the first point, maybe we are not, I totally agree.
as for the second point, I must admit that I do not understand the question

yes, clearly, hence the employ of geometry...........geometry does not treat price from the dynamic perspective .........geometry may use assymetry and be a correct call and also make exactly the same call and be wrong.........geometry is in that respect arbitrary..........geometry attempts to box price progression, the flow, the nature of the participants.........the employ of geometry highlights a need to further understand price action, the participants (weak/emotional verses the strong/strategic) ............although, on a side issue and possibly an important issue, that you don't understand the question leaves you open to making headway interms of asking what makes price move or, accurately, who for what reason..........dynamism..........welcom to t2w

Joules

andycan said:
geometry is the confirmation if applied correctly

applied correctly means, the price confirms the tool is aplied correctly yes.........so the trader is being asked to put aside understanding of market participants and employ a tool that may or may not give the right result given that the user has or has not plaed the tool onto the appropriate area.........sorta like educated guessing?

Yes your correct debbie, It not an accurate fib chart just a rough time sketch...:) The fibbo's should be 61.8% & 78.6's in the classic triangle..:eek:

Joules MM1 said:
yes, clearly, hence the employ of geometry...........geometry does not treat price from the dynamic perspective .........geometry may use assymetry and be a correct call and also make exactly the same call and be wrong.........geometry is in that respect arbitrary..........geometry attempts to box price progression, the flow, the nature of the participants.........the employ of geometry highlights a need to further understand price action, the participants (weak/emotional verses the strong/strategic) ............although, on a side issue and possibly an important issue, that you don't understand the question leaves you open to making headway interms of asking what makes price move or, accurately, who for what reason..........dynamism..........welcom to t2w

Joules
very interesting!
Now I understand even less.

I digress, this is the; trading the spx thread and I have gone off topic............or have I.........apologies for thinking out loud..........socrates is away, mr.marcus is unavailable so I'm left to my own devices ...........haha

anything that challenges the view is a good thing..........

debbie62 said:
very interesting!
Now I understand even less.

good..............less clutter, less of the abstract stuff that takes you away form what trading actually is............

articulate what the term "very interesting" actually means .........please

Joules MM1 said:
applied correctly means, the price confirms the tool is aplied correctly yes.........so the trader is being asked to put aside understanding of market participants and employ a tool that may or may not give the right result given that the user has or has not plaed the tool onto the appropriate area.........sorta like educated guessing?
they go hand in hand
depends what one means by geometry (i suspect we dont mean the same things)
geometry only confirms what i already know sometimes it tells me ahead of time what the players are going to do before they do it
think of it like a road map and planning a journey from A to B i know where A is and where B is what is open to discussion is how we get there
as the journey begins you narrow down the possibilities, and capitalise. the journey can be several weeks or month and hence every area on the map has its own A to B