Trading the SPX

Don't know what is the matter with me and the SPX, this afternoon. I have a day off and have been trading NY. This morning I had a great session with Footsie--2 winning trades and 52 p0ints gained.

Three losing trades with SP, trying get a short position. I guess I'll have to stick to Footsie!

Split

Managed to short fairly near the high. Covered for the best part of 5 handles fter a little wait. So far my exit looks good. Didn't wanna hang around too long, as I mentioned a few days ago, there is a fair posibility that we are breaking out to the upside in the medium term (in my opinion at least).

Attachments

• spx.JPG
    spx.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 149
I put a long on at about 10 a.m. ( S&P Jun future ) and now moved the stop to break even. Hopefully it won't be taken out when the payroll number comes in. That's my EOD system.
I intraday bet on the S&P daily future seperately but watch the other

Did nobody on this thread follow the Nas move yesterday? That was an S&P buy on a plate. Tut!

Hi traders,

Big premarkets Move after estimates Good nonfarms. And my todays intraday ES setups:

First test 1.426+- is Sell Short Scalp, first test 1.431-32 is Sell Short Daytrade and test 1.342-44 area is SELL SHORT SWING.

Test 1.412-1.413 is Buy Daytrade, test 1.400-402 is Buy Daytrade, test 1.392-93 is Buy Daytrade. BUY SWING is test 1.380-82 area.

Attachments

• vc.gif
    vc.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 153
I put a long on at about 10 a.m. ( S&P Jun future ) and now moved the stop to break even. Hopefully it won't be taken out when the payroll number comes in. That's my EOD system.
I intraday bet on the S&P daily future seperately but watch the other

Oh B*LL*CKS just had a look. My Jun fut stopped out at b/e. It was a bit tight but x.0%$"

Here we are at 1411.7, are you still thinking of longs FW ?

Don't know the price exactly but you gotta be looking at long attempts for the last 3hrs but imho - to avoid being "conned" for a second time.............

Don't know the price exactly but you gotta be looking at long attempts for the last 3hrs but imho - to avoid being "conned" for a second time.............

I agree, that's why I took the trade on the NQ instead, I could place a closer stop there than on the ES.

So far this is lacking volume and I'm not confident, plus it's Friday evening, not the most favourable time for a turn up...