Trading set ups

bluap84

there seems to be a lot of people trading from home, but there doesnt seem to a post dedicated to showing off your set ups. (if there is ignore me)

id be interested to see what set ups you have and what charting and other jollies your using...

think of this as a tech-off ha :D :cool:

You're right in a way - there's nothing here that compares with the vast Forex Factory trading systems section. But don't you find the position management after entry is just so much more more important than the entry set-up anyway?

You're right in a way - there's nothing here that compares with the vast Forex Factory trading systems section. But don't you find the position management after entry is just so much more more important than the entry set-up anyway?

agreed

any idiot can enter a trade

N

Nooo i think you got the wrong end of the stick.
i mean post photos of your trading setups...your computer screens etc...

so we can see how other home traders have set up ?

BTW...here's me at my "set up"

Peter

Attachments

• Vacation_TD-F_aqua.jpg
    Vacation_TD-F_aqua.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 269
why do have the vendors badge and want to know our set ups,did u meant to have the badge. I am fed up of posting my set ups and live trades,no one listens,they all seem to want to spend money on set ups that promise the holy grail,so ill join wacky on the beach

why do have the vendors badge and want to know our set ups,did u meant to have the badge. I am fed up of posting my set ups and live trades,no one listens,they all seem to want to spend money on set ups that promise the holy grail,so ill join wacky on the beach

Sadly, I've also stopped posting live trades. I was just talking/posting in the wind. It is a bit of a distraction at times so if no one really cares then why bother.

Peter

Sadly, I've also stopped posting live trades. I was just talking/posting in the wind. It is a bit of a distraction at times so if no one really cares then why bother.

Peter

yep they all to to give wallstreet £50 a month fopr 500+ pips a week,hes a good an act as black swan was

Peter

I dont think it's that no-one cares, just that it takes a while for a thread like that to gain traction.

It would be good to see a non-vendor putting up a setup thread for sure.

From my perspective, when I see setup threads, when it's just 'enter here, sell here', it's just a few numbers on the screen and so you'd have to pull up a chart to verify it & then it becomes more trouble than it's worth for the reader. On the other hand if you had charts & explanation, it's a good read but more trouble than it's worth for the poster.

I dont think it's that no-one cares, just that it takes a while for a thread like that to gain traction.

It would be good to see a non-vendor putting up a setup thread for sure.

From my perspective, when I see setup threads, when it's just 'enter here, sell here', it's just a few numbers on the screen and so you'd have to pull up a chart to verify it & then it becomes more trouble than it's worth for the reader. On the other hand if you had charts & explanation, it's a good read but more trouble than it's worth for the poster.

I agree with your entire post, but Flash and I and a few other regular posters were posting calls, charts, and some analysis (not every call, but most of them) in the FX live calls thread for almost 2 years or so and we had very little interest in the thread. Both of us were happy to answer questions about our entry or exit and welcomed comments. Iv'e seen "Holy Grail" threads and the EA threads have 15-20 viewers asking questions on how it works or how they can get their hands on it. We barely had 2 or 3 viewers most days. It reflects the type of members that currently peruse the site anymore.

Peter

That is f'd up.

The thing is - look at Howie's thread. People pounced on him (esp me) for his outrageous money losing method and that sort of snowballed into the most read thread. I think this is why the outlandish one's get the attention. Plus scammers are more inclined to jazz things up a bit.

I personally don't like call threads because I'm not much interested in the longer term methods of trading. For shorter term trades that I'd be interested in, I dont think anyone can call them real time because they might be over by the time they got posted.

It is tough because this type of thing - real trading, showing why you get in and then later showing the result, warts & all is what people need.

Maybe T2W could sponsor such threads and help to keep the crap free.

In fact, I will promise to be an avid reader by subscribing and giving 'attaboys' at the appropriate moment if you re-start it....

That is f'd up.

The thing is - look at Howie's thread. People pounced on him (esp me) for his outrageous money losing method and that sort of snowballed into the most read thread. I think this is why the outlandish one's get the attention. Plus scammers are more inclined to jazz things up a bit.
I agree. The problem is umpteen members came out of the woodwork to pounce on Howie but never have they given any glimmer as to how they trade. It was really just the herd piling on to be cool.

I personally don't like call threads because I'm not much interested in the longer term methods of trading. For shorter term trades that I'd be interested in, I dont think anyone can call them real time because they might be over by the time they got posted.

Yes, that problem does crop up at times. But that's why there's some charts and commentary. You are interested in ES but we traded mostly forex. In fairness I was unable to post ES trades with any success because most of them lasted a minute or less so I agree with you on that.

In fact, I will promise to be an avid reader by subscribing and giving 'attaboys' at the appropriate moment if you re-start it....

:) Not really looking for an "attaboy". The point is that threads that may actually be helpful to newer traders get avoided. Naturally, seasoned traders wouldn't have much use for a live call thread unless they wanted to post calls themselves. What puts people off is when someone calls 2 or 3 losers in a row, but that's the reality of live trading.

Peter

There do seem to be a few people using Twitter for live calls. Although they tend to be selling services as well.

the reality is all newbies want the dream but are not prepared to realise the hard work and losses that can occur

and the Cr*p being sold by most vendors now is not helping

N