Trading is a game!

Why do people say things like this? You can't know for sure that it is a zero sum game (or worse), and there is evidence of traders who make substantial money trading more times than that? Why does 'day' come into it in the first place? It either is a good opportunity to trade (probability and risk-reward in your favour), or it isn't. Whether that happens only once in a day, or 50 times a day, what is the difference? Suddenly the clock passes midnight, and now it is ok to take a new trade? What kind of sense is that? Take a trade when your plan tells you to.

SSINGH said he makes money doing it. Who knows, maybe he won't in the long run, but why tell him to forget about something that is making him money?

i am not against trading many times , i myself do this sometimes , for example today i made more than 10 trades and i made money but if i stayed on one of these trades i made more .. anyway i meant in the long run only very few success in this type of trading , it was an advice for him ... He can make much more money if he use leverage in the right time when he c a very clear setup or opportunity without the need to trade 50 times getting in and out ...

A whale is an easy target....a shark can goble up and run with the pips.

an easy target for who?

you are implying that being a 'shark' is better than 'being' a whale, or looking for short term trades is better than looking for long term trades.

this is not the case, there are clear advantages and dissadvantages for both and if you can successfully do both then you are onto a better thing than sticking to one, however many cant do one or the other..

throughout my time here though, I have come to realise that 95% of the forum members are all successful traders.

it is a good place for a newbie to learn.

Last edited:
A whale is an easy target....a shark can goble up and run with the pips.

Technically though if you were a scalper wouldnt you be more of a whale as a whale tends to just swim along, opens its mouth and take in as many fish as it can, whereas a shark tends to just go for the one prey or victim most of the time.
Then again we could chuck in the whale shark, he is the king of both of them i guess

Technically though if you were a scalper wouldnt you be more of a whale as a whale tends to just swim along, opens its mouth and take in as many fish as it can, whereas a shark tends to just go for the one prey or victim most of the time.
Then again we could chuck in the whale shark, he is the king of both of them i guess

...lol
I love it!!!..just love it.... lover boy!!!

lol

what makes you think thyat I don't have a trading plan???...What makes you think that a trading plan is not being executed?....what makes you think that I'm gambling???

Glad that you have found a method and are making money. I hope it continues for you. I think what Chorlton maybe referring to is a progressive understanding that all traders go through as they move up in the trading world.

Normally, I am sure there are exceptions , a successful trader can gauge another trader just by the way he talks about trading as most have either gone through similar experiences of success or failure along the way.

You may even be experiencing the same success, just your choice of words to express it may be giving off different signals. I am sure you are a dynamic young man but remember the real trading is very boring as you follow your plan.

Its like the difference between the Zen warrior, who listens to the silence and the crazy Chris Tucker kinda guy with a fast mind. Just be careful not to miss something that may throw you off course.

I started trading 6 months ago i have always done just that in and out sometimes 60 trades in one day.At first it was so easy made a few thousand first month ,second
made more got up to around 10k.Then the market changed and my in and out
which i have to say was easy,stopped working .I couldnt make one dime.but i did
manage to hold on to my money for the next 4months but still only have 10k.
I have been back down to 6k then got it back then back down never going over
10k.Need to learn new method this isnt working.Or maybe i just need to tweak
it.

I started trading 6 months ago i have always done just that in and out sometimes 60 trades in one day.At first it was so easy made a few thousand first month ,second
made more got up to around 10k.Then the market changed and my in and out
which i have to say was easy,stopped working .I couldnt make one dime.but i did
manage to hold on to my money for the next 4months but still only have 10k.
I have been back down to 6k then got it back then back down never going over
10k.Need to learn new method this isnt working.Or maybe i just need to tweak
it.

Consider yourself lucky you realised things weren't going to plan before you blew your account! Good luck figuring things out.

I agree with OP. Trading is like a game.

I don't mean to be cocky, actually yes i do - I'm arrogant as Hercules and Superman, i absolute PWN at halo3 .... I'm literally amazing.
And in 6 months, i am profitable on a daily basis trading - Thats not luck with consistant profits with good money management (1% risk) and strong disciplined entries and exits....

I do think my ability to be a succesful trader stems from the same components that allow me to pwn everyone else at halo3.

I pwn no0bs at halo and therefore i pwn no0bs at trading... Its the same thing in a way, you lot are too old to understand that though loool :D Especially Mr Charts - That old *******.

I think that if you treat this game as if its Pac man....you'll do well....

I think trading should be energetic....get in and out of atleast 20 times a day....hoover those pips up like pac man!

You gotta think like a shark....keep on moving...ducking and diving....

If a trade goes bad...get out...don't think about the money....think about filling your belly with pips...you should be so busy buying and selling...you should have little time to think about money.

"Take whichever way works."
Bruce Lee- Jeet Kon Do

Forget about trading 20 or 30 times a day , it is a zero sum game at the best . Look for opportunities everywhere : stocks , options , momentum price moves , news ... etc . And forget about trading 1 or 2 markets only ..

Nonsense IMHO.

hi there !!

trading is at any cost a perfectly a game. Once you are into a game, stop thinking of money, trying thinking of the game, concentrate on the game and how to play the game extra-ordinarily. This will automatically will bring the so-called success, profit and money for us.

We will loose some or the other day, don't be taken back...then in a positive way and try things.

We will win the game if we are concentrated

hi there !!

trading is at any cost a perfectly a game. Once you are into a game, stop thinking of money, trying thinking of the game, concentrate on the game and how to play the game extra-ordinarily. This will automatically will bring the so-called success, profit and money for us.

We will loose some or the other day, don't be taken back...then in a positive way and try things.

We will win the game if we are concentrated

Or stop playing games and use tried and tested professionally developed methods and research to capitalise on the global finance system.

I'm not a shark, 5-10 trades a day, and always flat at the end of the day.

Sharks never sleep!