Trading is 1% psychology, 99% skill

That 1% is for reading the other traders, not yourself.

If you cannot trade without emotions flying all the place quit. You should just log in, do your thing, and log out. Simple as.

As my mate chopper says, harden the **** up.

YouTube - Ronnie Johns - Chopper - Harden the **** Up

(just been reading about it on another thread and it got me thinking.)

:D

Tell firewalker (Belgian boy), to stop sulking, stop using indicators, take a loss on the chin like a real man,......AND HARDEN THE FCUK UP!:LOL:

Nice one mate.(y)

:D

Tell firewalker (Belgian boy), to stop sulking, stop using indicators, take a loss on the chin like a real man,......AND HARDEN THE FCUK UP!:LOL:

Nice one mate.(y)

EXACTLY. Its all just business and this psych board is littered with rubbish from people who pretended they could trade. :eek::eek::cheesy:

Anyone who thinks the % should be higher is just MAD. :eek::devilish::eek::devilish::clover:

stirring up a hornets next there, wasp.

I really don't care anymore what percentage it is.

EXACTLY. Its all just business and this psych board is littered with rubbish from people who pretended they could trade. :eek::eek::cheesy:

Anyone who thinks the % should be higher is just MAD. :eek::devilish::eek::devilish::clover:

I think that you've had a hard day ( or longer). :cry:

Never mind---it's the weekend. :D

Split

That 1% is for reading the other traders, not yourself.

If you cannot trade without emotions flying all the place quit. You should just log in, do your thing, and log out. Simple as.

As my mate chopper says, harden the **** up.

YouTube - Ronnie Johns - Chopper - Harden the **** Up

(just been reading about it on another thread and it got me thinking.)

On a serious note. Psychology in the trading arena is one big pile, a big purple grape like thing hanging out of a traders backside.

Inteligent people with nothing better to do with thier intelligence introduced psychology to trading, why? Because they couldn't make it as a trader, it's not for everyone.

Yeh, somedays you wanna just put your fist through a screen if the market is playing silly buggers around a price, that may be down to an arguement with the wife or whatever,....not some chapter in a fcuking book.

Wasp, you are absolutely spot on Sir!

On a serious note. Psychology in the trading arena is one big pile, a big purple grape like thing hanging out of a traders backside.

Inteligent people with nothing better to do with thier intelligence introduced psychology to trading, why? Because they couldn't make it as a trader, it's not for everyone.

Yeh, somedays you wanna just put your fist through a screen if the market is playing silly buggers around a price, that may be down to an arguement with the wife or whatever,....not some chapter in a fcuking book.

Wasp, you are absolutely spot on Sir!

If you are about to put your fist through the monitor screen don't tell me that you don't need a psychologist! It's getting to you, mate. :eek: Yesterday, I saw a film with Jack Nicholson in it. He used to get the patient to sing something. Try Ave Maria, that's a good one to calm one down, especially in front of a mirror.

If you are about to put your fist through the monitor screen don't tell me that you don't need a psychologist! It's getting to you, mate. :eek: Yesterday, I saw a film with Jack Nicholson in it. He used to get the patient to sing something. Try Ave Maria, that's a good one to calm one down, especially in front of a mirror.

Cheers Split.

But there's only one thing i like seeing on a mirror, and it's not my reflection.;)

Wasp, ol mate, if you think its only 1% psych ... you just are not trading big enough.

x 10 mate :)

I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought.

the problem is that emotions enter trading when:
- one trades with money he cannot afford to lose or cares about
- he risks too much, anywhere from 1% represents a high risk
- he treats forex like a gambler treats gambling: get rich quick mentality, overtrading, etc
- not sticking to his system
- not considering forex a business, but something else

anyway, that's my opinion