Trading Forex in December?

Let me just correct myself, long day!

Is there any one out there who thinks trading Forex in December is a good idea?

If you're a liquidity trader (I consider meself to be one of those), December actually offers a plethora of opportunities. Specifically, due to flows in a reduced risk appetite regime, there are often deviations from fundamental value. This is true in a variety of mkts, including FX. I try to take advantage of these opportunities.

Last edited:
The euro fell to $1.4527 according to Reuters data, its weakest since early October, extending losses after the German ZEW think tank said economic sentiment fell in December, suggesting any recovery in the country may be sluggish.

I'm through with day trades for December, but I have a longer term trade open.. There's a lot more craziness and unpredictable moves this time of year, but it's alright if you ignore the noise.

Most forex traders like to trade the majors only but in my view you can get some great opportunities in some of the minor currencies. I think we can diversify and get more profit opportunities.

I would say it's fine, however be more cautious in the week leading up to Christmas, or take that week off completely.

wtf would you switch off...? He who snoozes loses...

alright fine.. buy stop above the 90 option in ninja 90.05 +15 -15 :cheesy:

Most forex traders like to trade the majors only but in my view you can get some great opportunities in some of the minor currencies. I think we can diversify and get more profit opportunities.

would have to disagree on that.. a 61.8% retracement level on the Euro to Chilean Pesos weekly chart will be blown through in milliseconds if a very minor resistance breaks in Euro to USD.. There's just not enough volume for very minor pairs to trade orderly.. especially in late December when even the majors don't trade in an orderly fashion.

:cheesy:

thanks Swan ;) where do I send your share? Children's charity or a strip club?

I have a Forex trading project. And yes I lost a lot of money, so I need suggestions, which one should I invest in? The project is due in mid December.

Thank you

there will always be opportunities to trade, I see no problem trading christmas eve or NY eve neiter