Trading for next months rent (true story)

No problem,

Out +65 pips. I was OK with risking 17 pips (it was quite a speculative trade). No certainty in trading.

IMO you should try to find a job. You shouldn't risk more than you can afford to lose.

Best of luck:)

Cheers bedsit.

Luckily for me, I don't have anything to lose.

I'd rather trade, and just survive, than work for someone and have spare pennies (but it's a scenario I may have to face).

Pleasure:pain a.k.a. Reward:Risk

Are you sure you want to trade timebomb? bedsit gave you a trade, (something you asked for) and then you doubted the trades validity?? :):)

Hey, if anyone wants to post any potential trades, go for it. I'll trade anything. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. lol

325 - not sure if you having a dig at me :) but timebomb asked for trading tips, in his 2nd post. A short term break long on cable was seemingly valid at that time. :confused:

325 - not sure if you having a dig at me :) but timebomb asked for trading tips, in his 2nd post. A short term break long on cable was seemingly valid at that time. :confused:

Nah i'm not having a dig! But just because he asked for potential trades doesn't mean he has to take them. This is important money and I think it's good that he has the confidence to question the validity of a trade instead of just jumping in off the back of any old tip.

Ha-haa, you bunch of nutters.

The tip was welcomed and appreciated. Never traded it though.

The Dax was a cracker, bit skeptical pre-8am, nevertheless, it worked out.

Ok.

Trade your flat in for a room in mine.

You can have it for £300pm all bills council tax, electricity, water, phone, inclusive.

Okay, I have a month or two left that I have to stay in my flat (contract).

£300? Is that bid or ask?... ha-haa, couldn't resist.

Where do you stay? (feel free to PM)

Timebomb

Trade...

Right, taken a trade on E/U.

It's looking very bad indeed.

Will post details later once I've figured out how to tie this noose. Ha-haa.

EDIT: F**k.

P&L Analysis...

Let's do some TA on my P&L.

I see absolutely no reason why you can't do this.

I see a clear downtrend.

The -1250 level is support become resistance.

Hmmm, thinking I should wait until the market (i.e. ME) turns around and starts making higher-lows.

A tricky situation indeed. :confused:

Attachments

• PandLTrend_1.gif
    PandLTrend_1.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 195
Re: P&L Analysis...

Are those bars per trade or per day?

Either way your losses are seem large for your account size, i would say cut each loss in half at least.

Each bar is a day.

Each day usually has between 2 and 5 trades (on average).

The day high/low is only registered once a trade is closed (not during any trade)

are you trading forex? I'm trying to work out what E/U might be at 13706. & if so, what size are you trading?

Trading is about constantly looking for good opportunities to risk money on; therefore all trades should have a good theoretical/logical reason as to why they are going to work - Or how else can you know its a good opportunity ?

You seem to be looking for excuses to risk money; such as 'setups'; rather than opportunities that you are very confident in;

In other words; it seems to me your trading for the sake of risking money in the hope of return; rather than trading because you see real potential in an idea or situation having a predictable and profitable outcome.

If you NEED $800 - i would suggest you start doing some research & patience to look for a situation that is really likely to occur and be profitable, that your confident in; that has some logic ...

For example; Your analysis should lead you to a situation where you have a pretty strong idea of the potential outcomes based on some solid evidence.

Okay, I have a month or two left that I have to stay in my flat (contract).

£300? Is that bid or ask?... ha-haa, couldn't resist.

Where do you stay? (feel free to PM)

Timebomb

For heaven's sake you two - get a room...