trading courses

Phil & sally

can u not say who the courses were with

I went on a course with a guy named Martin Cole some years ago

Jay

SallyT

thx for you nice outline

but would you agree that until you have done some hundreds of trades and for a period of years - that you judgement of your trainer might be based on a learners opinion

one thing i am always nervous of is when i hear someone was a "nice person" and "i liked them" and "got on with them" - thats always a danger siganl for me

con men always seem to have the knack of making people feel good about themselves and then the people anti-up with cash and the con mans job is done

and its always eye opening when someone says that the guy who just took a hatchet to a bunch of people seemed such a "nice guy" and this was totaly "out of character"!

when people want your money - they go out of their way to be nice people and i guess the nicest get the most money - but that dont mean they know anything that can really help you to make money - but it does mean that they know how to help themselves to your money!

Last edited:
Finlayson,
Yes, I went on a Martin Cole course in 2001, it taught me a lot, but does not suit my current style of trading.
PS - See you live in Lincoln - I live in Lincolnshire Wolds.

Regards Phil

Phil

I went in march 2002. I have developed my own methods.......but is all down to what I learnt from Martin. I still keep in touch now

Lincolnshire wolds..r u in the countryside?

Jay

Finlayson
I still use a lot of the knowledge I got from Martin, he even gave me some extra free training via MS mesenger.
I live in a tiny village between Louth & Alford.

Hi

The Martin cole course sounds interesting ,would someone kindly forward some info about it ,email or web site ,

Many thanks . :p

Mr Chill said:
Hello every1

Can anyone recommend any good courses to go on for a new trader ,any comments or recommendations will be much appreciated
also prices value for money etc ,etc ,Thanks :cool:

Hi Mr Chill

First things first, Martin Cole's course is about $6000 I think, and from what I've heard it it's pretty poor.

Here's a quick run down on what I would suggest:

As your a new trader I would recommend going on TBS's course
HTH :)

Ftse beater

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction i will certainly look in to it,and thanks to all for your comments and advice. :D :cool:

Ftse Beater Mr Chill

Martin Cole does charge a lot now, but a course is only as good as the effort u put in. U cannot judge a course by cost alone

people seem to think the more tuition they get & the more technical the teaching the better it is & they will be ........this is not true

Mr Chill, I should figure out exactly what it is u want from trading & a course before going on any........going on a course rampage will not neccesarily do u any good, it may, but I should do a bit of research first........probably what u r doing now:)

Jay

I'm surprised that some comments about trainers are met with such negative description's. It's so sad that every trainer is deemed to be a con man. Why does Naz, Mr charts or John B, train people, do they choose to train because they need the money? I doubt it. Or is it that they get a certain mount of enjoyment from it? Very likely. Are they failed traders who prefer to train? NO, of course not.

Don't tar every trainer with the same black brush. Just maybe, there are a few genuine trainer/traders out there.

Since someone asks for the name of the guy who trained me, here's his web site address: www.train4cash.com

sallyT

U r right.......when people r discussing things like this they should not generalise so much & give fair comments based on experience not assumptions.

there r probably many con-men out there, but we shouldn't just assume someone a conman just because they r willing to share

Jay

Thanks to you also SallyT ,i know exactly what you mean,although a lot of traders are very willing to help and give advice there are some who like to think this i a exclusive club and seem to forget they to had to start somewhere or learn from someone,i understand this is a very tough business and the majority don't make it ,some think this is easy but i for one certainly do not ,i know its going to take a lot of time and commitment,but i feel the bottom line is one must enjoy trading above all else. :) :)

SallyT

great to see your experience of trading has already given you insight into why the trainers on here train

i suspect you are right and it is their love of giving that is behind their training initiatives - i bet they are making so much money trading that they feel they have to give something back - i am sure that the fee that seems to get mentioned in relation to their training is an oversight and really their training is free - and in fact they will even give you a few quid to get you on the trading block - knowing full well that your newly acquired skills will let you pay them back easily

i hear the word "saints" rising from the throng - and yes - hold them high for we have saviours amongst us, who out of goodness will take us to the land of plenty!

SallyT

I think i shall give up trading and become a school teacher - now is there a one day course i can go on to learn to be a school teacher ?

perchance after that one day course i shall become the head teacher or head of education or ........

maybe not - but at least i will be an expert on teaching!

Mr Chill

these kind of threads to me are chilling out - better than stand up comedy for sure!