Trading 1H Supply/Demand zones which to use for trending?

ash2w

hey guys,

doing verywell the last few weeks/months of trading supply/demand zones but would like to cut some of the bad trades out (wouldnt we all!) I wanted to know which larger t/f do you use to get your bias to be long / short for the day (eg 4h, 1 day or another) also do you use higher highs and lower lows or just use Moving averages

Thanks in advance!

hey guys,

doing verywell the last few weeks/months of trading supply/demand zones but would like to cut some of the bad trades out (wouldnt we all!) I wanted to know which larger t/f do you use to get your bias to be long / short for the day (eg 4h, 1 day or another) also do you use higher highs and lower lows or just use Moving averages

Thanks in advance!
You're better off trading the timeframe you'are looking at right now using shorter timeframe players exits as entires and exiting on higher timeframe entries , if that makes sense?

yeh makes sense thats what im doing atm but im curious, do you use higher tf to see if you want to make a trade. i. d1 the trend is down then move to h1 to find shorts?

yeh makes sense thats what im doing atm but im curious, do you use higher tf to see if you want to make a trade. i. d1 the trend is down then move to h1 to find shorts?

I look at weekly charts when I trade H1 bars , I find this helps .

This depends from which t/f (s) you take your market entries...whatever t/f (s) that is the t/f (s) you ascertain your potential supply/demand zones should ideally highher by a factor of x 4 to 5. So for example if you are looking for entries on the 15min t/f the supply/demand zones will be on the 1hr (+) chart.

I trade similarly and look to enter via the shortest t/f under 1hr that sets-up at pre-identified potential supply/demand zones on the 1hr t/f and higher. For eg a near-term obvious previous fractal swing hi may exist as such on the 4hr t/f and then this makes this 'zone' potentially stronger than if it were just a near-term obvious previous 1hr fractal swing hi .

Sometimes there are no potential supply/demand zones visible on the 1hr t/f or at least their origin has dissappeared off the left hand edge of the chart (as time and price discovery is at the hard right edge of any chart)...in this case if the zone co-existed as such on the next higher t/f (ie the 4hr) then this is still valid as such but trying then to time entry on a 15min chart might be potentially more problematic (not always) as it is further removed from the 4hr t/f (ie falls more than the factor of x 4 to 5 discussed above.) It may be better in these circumstances to time entry on a higher t/f than 15min if not the 1hr itself. (ie it is belowby a factor of x4.)

G/L

hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Things can get mighty confusing mighty fast

confusion.jpg

Even when using limit order entries, from some smaller time perspective you will be trading a hh/hl etc, momentum play on the 15 min, pullback to supply, see inside, oh look a higher high and higher low on 1min, where is your entry, your entry is on the breakout that was, where is your exit? Where is higher TF supply? No matter your perspective you are always trading in the direction of one trend and counter another all you can know is that as price goes in your favour it continues to go in your favour, or it doesn't. There's more to a trade plan than entry, potential exit and stop and it can only be planed mid trade n as and when it unfolds before your eyes.