Tradindex

I_will_win_this

Has anyone on here had bad experiences with this company?

They have a terrible trading platform that runs off an HTML page that refreshes after a fixed amount of seconds meaning that you rarely get the quote that you see when you click. This is particularly true in fast moving markets such as oil where your fill will often be significantly different from the price you believe you are getting. I've had many experiences of this - one of them cost me £200 in under a minute because the price spiked down and then immediately back up stopping me out before I even had a chance to see what my order was filled at. I know oil is extremely volatile - that's not my point. My point is that it's a poor system when you have no idea what price you are going to receive.

More importantly I have had experiences that look remarkably like there is a system at play which is designed to take my money. I have several spread betting accounts and I am running them side by side to check the accuracy of the quotes.

I have Trad up and I noticed that the prices follow another account I have exactly (lets call it X account). When I buy the price matches exactly. When I'm in the position and trying to get out, it just doesn't register the spikes where I could get out profitably. As soon as the price spikes down though it registers it again. I have tried this time and time again. This is not me being paranoid.

Last edited:
i know what you mean.

I know exactly what you mean. ive not traded for a while as its summer and im a student on my hols, still im keeping my eye on things and designing my "system". However what your referring to cost me bucket loads of cash back in spring when goog was\is on its Bull run which started around $190 a share. I mainly traded swing positions that i held for a week or 2, then take profit, but i got caught up in the Discipline trap, and decided to day trade with an SB, worst mistake of my life!!!!, the Portfolio i had grown from a few hundred to quite a few hundred got wiped out in 3 trades!!! so grim! the reason? the spikes on tradindex. which oddly enough only registered when you had a position going the other way! my advice DO NOT TRADE INTRA DAY WITH ANY SB!!! EVER!! stick to longer term a week or month. a side note here aswell, since ive chilled out on my approach to trading ive made more points. weired. huh!

I would not give them a second chance. Knock them on the head. If you want to day trade you need to trade the underling market, not s/b prices

although I got a s/b account I only use it for holding 2 to 5 day swings.

As a general rule I never spread bet anything that requires a tight stop loss and thus only use spread bets for longer trades. That way it makes it less likely that you'll get closed out by the SB company's trickery with the spreads to force closure.