Tradestation 2000i and Windows 7

Hi, wheezergeezer I have install tradestation 2000i on windows7, but when i try to connect my symbol to real time on an e-signal data feed it show an error on symbol instead of connect. The whole procedure work on XP. I need your help if u can guide me how to connect tradestation online

This is how I installed it in wondows 7 64 bit. Transferred the old directory from my old computer using windows easy transfer. Then installed tradestation in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility (service pack 2 was not working). Installed the updates in windows 2 compatibility. After all said and done. The program is running fine in windows 7 64 bit, albeit slower than in the old computer with windows 7 32 bit. However, I get a bigger screen with the new computer so that is the tradeoff.

ihi john...i have problem with windows 7 64 bt....easy language cannot read
do u had this problem?
thank u

i read) tks
but i dont found the solution on the forum
i didnt understund how they solve and where is problem
in 32 or 64 bit
in windows 7
in my pc
?
pls help me
tks

i read) tks
but i dont found the solution on the forum
i didnt understund how they solve and where is problem
in 32 or 64 bit
in windows 7
in my pc
?
pls help me
tks

Been a couple of years but from memory you need to turn off User access control in the control panel then Start Windows in safe mode and install TS2000 normally, Im running Win 7 proffessional 64 bit and also needed to select the instal in Xp 32 bit mode, i assume if your running the 32 bit version you dont need do anything.

After re booting you can turn user access control back on but i leave it off as im the only user on the PC so not neccesary.

All has been working fine for me and although the Software maybe very old (from the 1990,s) still does the job for me and IMO is still better than anything available today with the exception of Trading Blox.

God Luck

Last edited:
Guys, From my personal experience I recommend that you get professional help from Hypertrader they will get you up and running and will sort it out remotely, it can and will be difficult otherwise, I now use Interactive brokers for my data so I can use the charts via Tradestation, you will have to purchase 1 years support from hypertrader but its more than worth it, here is a link for hypertrader, good luck: HyperTrader Tech. Innovative Technologies for Traders

Last edited by a moderator:
So now we have Windows 8 !, im still using and very happy with my old TS 2000, maybe an oldie but very much a goody, and IMO still the best piece of software out there despite the lack of portfolio testing.

Anyone tried loading it onto Windows 8 ?

No but I have tried loading other legacy software on Windows 8 and it was easier than loading it on Windows 7. Now you have flagged this I may just give it a go out of curiosity.

Finally updated the desktop and now have windows 8.1, Tradeststion loads fine using the compatibility mode but one key feature wont work and that’s the strategy performance report???, strange as I can run an optimisation test and displays the results of that and all other features of the software seem to work fine.

The other thing is each time I launch it I get a pop up from user account control and you need give permission, now without changing the settings to never ask there is no way around this, minor annoyance and could be linked to why the strategy report wont work either, you just get a blank screen when you launch strategy report after applying a strategy.

Anyway, any ideas?

This is how I installed it in wondows 7 64 bit. Transferred the old directory from my old computer using windows easy transfer. Then installed tradestation in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility (service pack 2 was not working). Installed the updates in windows 2 compatibility. After all said and done. The program is running fine in windows 7 64 bit, albeit slower than in the old computer with windows 7 32 bit. However, I get a bigger screen with the new computer so that is the tradeoff.

Hi Guys ,
I have Tradestation 2000i which worked on Win XP Pro 32 , now I will need to install it on Win 10 Pro 64 bit . Will it work or do I need to enable Hyper-V & VirtualBox and install Win XP in a Virtual Machine ?

Thanks

Hi Guys ,
I have Tradestation 2000i which worked on Win XP Pro 32 , now I will need to install it on Win 10 Pro 64 bit . Will it work or do I need to enable Hyper-V & VirtualBox and install Win XP in a Virtual Machine ?

Thanks
Bulldog...I got Ts 2000i, installed on Win10 -64 bit..via the italian guys
[email protected]
can be a bit of a task getting ahold of them, but they certainly know what there doing, I use data via Interactive Brookers which is all set up seamlessly ( if you have an account with them), but Im sure there able to use other data providers,
I did try to set it up myself but it was a nightmare, paid the hypertrader guys and it was done in 30 minutes or less...Easy...
Im away for a While so please dont ask any questions as i wont be picking anything up...Good Luck(y)