Traders Confessional

Forgive me Mr. Market for I have sinned.

I told all who would listen that Dollar Yen was set for a sharp rise and then, like a complete c*nt, I fell asleep at my desk, missing the entry and waking up just in time to see it hit +100.

At which point, I looked around and said: "Look I told you this was off, it's going to fly". Just in time to call the top.

Father, please, forgive me for opening my f*cking mouth.

And being a lazy idiot.

Oh forgive me Mr. Market for I have sinned.

Today I was weak and lost faith in the p--bar setup. I thought I knew better than the rules - I thought I was being really clever by closing out the position early. I thought I could move my stop to breakeven before a retracement had occurred.

I got sucked into short termism and threw away pips.

All I can do is print out the offending charts and review them regularly to remind myself that when I think I am being clever I am in fact being really stupid.:!:

I too have succumbed to such evils as rag2riches. On the last four good entries I have made, I have only had the strength to hold on for 25-30% of the move - cutting the trade short at the bottom of the first correction or top of the first rally. A trained monkey could make a better job of exits than me at the moment (if anyone has such a monkey, would you please make him available for hire?).

I seek strength and courage to get better (and will attempt to grow a larger pair between my legs soon). :(

Forgive me father for I have sinned for the second time today.

I wanted to go long 2 lots of the Euro Stoxx Index but the "better" traders told me I was buying the middle of a range and that order flow suggested the market would come off into the close.

Now we are up over 100 ticks and I have just missed a profit of over £1,700.