Trader loses £285m

newstart

I bet the trader that lost MIZUHO Bank £285m and all the others traders bonuses is not feeling very happy this Christmas, at first I thought it was funny but reading the article in the Times further I felt sorry for him/her.

newstart said:
I bet the trader that lost MIZUHO Bank £285m and all the others traders bonuses is not feeling very happy this Christmas, at first I thought it was funny but reading the article in the Times further I felt sorry for him/her.

since its a zero-sum game, there are many others out there who will be having a very jolly Christmas, by sharing $285Million. :LOL:
( one mans buy is another mans sell )

newstart said:

I read that article in the Times as well I have to say anybody can make mistakes you have to feel sorry for the guy. They even cancelled the Christmas party and the end of year bonuses for all the other traders so he won't be very popular in the New Year!

It now seems that it was not all the traders fault but it was also the fault of a technical glitch at the Tokyo Stock Exchange which although the trader tried no less than four times to cancel the transaction it went through anyway.