Total newbie

jonnybags

Hey guys, I'm a total novice and I've never even put on a trade before. I've only played with the bullbearings stock simulator which has gone well on picks I just fancied. Anyways do you reckon learnig options in a good place to start and if so what material I.e books/ websites do you recommend? I've bought trading options online by the optionetics dude fontalis but I've read alot about them being cowboys peddling nonsense, any views?

Jonny,
you are about to be eaten by wolves, sharks and charlatans.
welcome to the world of trading.

even though, strictly speaking, bleeding your money on cr@p trades til you're broke, isn't really "trading"

Hi exile, a fellow ulsterman I see! Hope you've been following the boys at ravenhill ;)
So any advice on where to start, Im eager to get some solid learnings. I've managed to figure out how to read a candle stick chart! Lol, what do u trade in?

don't do anything til you've read cover to cover "Mastering The Trade" by John Carter

It won't help tell you what to do, but will certainly help stop you making a few inevitable mistakes .....

GSTQ

Hi exile, a fellow ulsterman I see! Hope you've been following the boys at ravenhill ;)
So any advice on where to start, Im eager to get some solid learnings. I've managed to figure out how to read a candle stick chart! Lol, what do u trade in?

When/if you go live, start with a very small amount of money, drop a hobby, and trade with the equivalent amount each month. Some new traders will load an account with a few thousand try and trade, at this point they know nothing and have no experience trading, then they blow the account and don’t know why. Do the opposite, increase your funds as you gain experience.
It may be worth doing a Google search on how many traders actually make it.

candle sticks are for koontz.

i already told you where to start, read that book.......... then give up ! :LOL: :p :clap: (y)

Anyways do you reckon learnig options in a good place to start and if so what material I.e books/ websites do you recommend?

If you've never traded anything before then you should start with the basics. While I'm not one to pound the table saying that options are much too complex for any individual to trade the way some do, they are still a derivative. That means they move based on the action of something else. Before you trade the derivative it makes sense to take some time to learn that "something else" underlying market first. If you're trading stocks, for example, you really are only going to lose money if the stock goes against you. If you're trading options on the stock, though, you can lose money for that reason and some others as well.

Last edited:
then read RT's book !!

more sense than you will ever comprehend and a huge amount of advice that you will simply ignore ....

Wicked, I also read about the dude in the newbie forums losing 10k of his and his wifes cash, lovely. Why did he tell her??! Put it down to a mugging.

Wicked, I also read about the dude in the newbie forums losing 10k of his and his wifes cash, lovely. Why did he tell her??! Put it down to a mugging.

Hello all,

I wont say I am a total newbie .. have been doing this for past month .. made some money, and lost too.
However, I don't have a trading system. Generally trade the news. I want to find out from members of this forum about the charting software you use and also if you have any scanners to shortlist the stocks making trading pattens. Also, which are yr chosen stocks to trade in UK?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.