Toronto Prop Firms

ar1zona

Hi guys

I have been visiting this forum anonymously for a while and decided to register and ask a few questions.

I'm trying to find a prop trader job in Toronto (indoor, not remote) but not sure which one's more suitable, or which ones are there. So far I knew Questrade, Swift, Title, and Infinium have branches here but not sure what each of them have to offer. Does anyone here have more detailed information about their:

1) payout and fees
2) number of ppl on the trading floor
3) whether they require deposits
4) currently hiring or not
5) their trading style/strategy

I tried to find related posts here but info is very limited. E.g. there was a thread saying Questrade (i believe the actual prop arm is called Globus Trading, the one at leslie + hwy 7?) has a payout ratio of 80%.

Any info is greatly appreciated. I am a recent uni. graduates majoring in finance and worked at Title Trading for a year and half and would like to share my experience if anyone needs. I know some people will say "prop firms are similar and its how good you are that matters" but still it does not hurt to make more informed decisions when it comes for career choices. So again anything helps, thx in advance. :)

Also, how hard it is to get a prop trading position in one of those big 5 banks or other financial institutions and who exactly are the employers? thx...

globus is a great firm i've been trading with them for almost a year now and have only good thing to say about them.Theyr honest and fair .i also heard they now have a trading floor in montreal as well

the montreal floor is called lynx and its terrible, they do not protect their traders at all and may even have accounts which trade against them. join Global, a quebec city firm if you are remote. pm for details. i have also worked at Golden, which asks about 5 times the deposit and pays 30% less profit because they think they are the top, they also delay their news so that the boss Rob Gold can place his trades before his employees, garbage.

actually global is crap too, they dont care about their traders at all, i thought they were good but after about 2 week their true colors began to show