Top Step Trader?

It doesn't really matter how many "Funded Traders" or "Draft Choices" or "Honored Guests" or whatever you want to call them there are. The fact that there has never been any outside-vetted disclosure of the existence of ANY meaningfully profitable traders who have emerged from the fraction of subscribers designated as "Funded Traders" indicates to me that it is highly unlikely that any such meaningfully profitable traders exist.

How many businesses do you know that pay for external audits of their operations because a handful of people are whining on an internet forum?

Do you go to the supermarket and say that the milk could not have come from cows unless they provide independently verifiable audit and a picture of the actual cow on the carton? Of course not.

There is no independent audit but that proves nothing either way.

I imagine an independent audit would be done IF Topstep came to a point that they thought this would significantly enhance their business. That would go for any business and anything you expend effort on. You simply don't waste time doing things that are not going to materially effect your business.

How many businesses do you know that pay for external audits of their operations because a handful of people are whining on an internet forum?

Do you go to the supermarket and say that the milk could not have come from cows unless they provide independently verifiable audit and a picture of the actual cow on the carton? Of course not.

I imagine an independent audit would be done IF Topstep came to a point that they thought this would significantly enhance their business. That would go for any business and anything you expend effort on. You simply don't waste time doing things that are not going to materially effect your business.

You are the only one is whining here , you are a vendor and you are a TopStep partner , you keep jumping in every other thread to pump your partners and to defend them , stop it . TopStep business model is clear to everyone now , you are wasting your breath .
Caveat emptor .

Last edited:
You are the only one is whining here , you are a vendor and you are a TopStep partner , you keep jumping in every other thread to pump your partners and to defend them , stop it . TopStep business model is clear to everyone now , you are wasting your breath .
Caveat emptor .

lol...

Bless your heart trying to tell a long standing member of this forum what they can and can't post.

You are correct that I have a vendor badge. This does not prevent me from expressing my opinions.

How about you take a break from the forum if you can't handle that?

lol...

Bless your heart trying to tell a long standing member of this forum what they can and can't post.

You are correct that I have a vendor badge. This does not prevent me from expressing my opinions.

How about you take a break from the forum if you can't handle that?

ROFL

Tell that to yourself ...

ROFL

Tell that to yourself ...

I can handle it Tar. I can have a discussion with people without telling them what they should and should not post.

You know nothing about this company and I regularly chat with a number of the guys there and the traders.

Your opinions are hearsay and mine are based on actually knowing the people involved.

I know a lot of people here like to see everything in trading as one huge conspiracy. It's laughable really, how much it gets to people.

I can handle it Tar. I can have a discussion with people without telling them what they should and should not post.

Well apparently not , anyone can see the whining of yours in every other thread about your partners . You are the one who is pushing his agenda on the forum members , do you think we are morons , how many times we have to go through this , if you can handle it then prove it and accept criticism from others . Your opinion about TopStep is irrelevant here , as i said your're wasting your breath , everyone can see it now , whatever you say about TopStep wont make a difference .

Last edited:

Put forth a simple logical proposition and in return, receive a laughable response of obfuscation and evasion, from a surrogate, no less.

Does a carton of milk cost $300 US and say that drinking it in a particular way that conforms to certain guidelines will get you a highly compensated work at home job as a professional milk drinker? And that if you pay more to buy a larger carton, you will qualify for increased amounts of compensation?

Who needs disclosure about anything. We are "traders" after all, accustomed to taking everything on faith. All the world's a stage, so let's just play out our assigned roles and get on with it shall we - the SpokesToast assures us, and stakes his reputation, on the fact that it's all on the up and up.

And DO bear in mind that, as they say across the pond, "Corporations are people too, my friend," people who are entitled to, and value, their privacy, just like you do. Why would anyone take issue with that? Let's immerse ourselves in case study analysis, from an owner's perspective, of the Patak business model and try to understand why there cannot be any disclosure, rather than fretting over trivialities such as whether there exists any possibility of an individual customer, paying for a subscription, achieving a stream of personal income. If there is any problem here, it is with me, for asking too many questions. Don't you know what happens to people who know too much?

The Combine's afoot!

"You, too, can work from the comfort of your own home.. in your pyjamas! Leave the rat race behind! Be your own boss! Set your own hours! Your earnings potential is limited only by your.... imagination ?"
― Various

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

― George Orwell

“If you've been playing poker for half an hour and you still don't know who the patsy is, you're the patsy.”
― Warren Buffett

“Men (people) are rarely aware of the real reasons which motivate their actions.”
― Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda

Attachments

• soothingsyrup1.jpg
    soothingsyrup1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Reactions: tar
Well apparently not , anyone can see the whining of yours in every other thread about your partners . You are the one who is pushing his agenda on the forum members , do you think we are morons , how many times we have to go through this , if you can handle it then prove it and accept criticism from others . Your opinion about TopStep is irrelevant here , as i said your're wasting your breath , everyone can see it now , whatever you say about TopStep wont make a difference .

Whenever you feel you are on the losing side of a discussion, you turn from discussing the content of posts to rather poor attempts at discrediting the poster.

I sincerely hope you don't take the same approach with trading.

Put forth a simple logical proposition and in return, receive a laughable response of obfuscation and evasion, from a surrogate, no less.

Does a carton of milk cost $300 US and say that drinking it in a particular way that conforms to certain guidelines will get you a highly compensated work at home job as a professional milk drinker? And that if you pay more to buy a larger carton, you will qualify for increased amounts of compensation?

Who needs disclosure about anything. We are "traders" after all, accustomed to taking everything on faith. All the world's a stage, so let's just play out our assigned roles and get on with it shall we - the SpokesToast assures us, and stakes his reputation, on the fact that it's all on the up and up.

And DO bear in mind that, as they say across the pond, "Corporations are people too, my friend," people who are entitled to, and value, their privacy, just like you do. Why would anyone take issue with that? Let's immerse ourselves in case study analysis, from an owner's perspective, of the Patak business model and try to understand why there cannot be any disclosure, rather than fretting over trivialities such as whether there exists any possibility of an individual customer, paying for a subscription, achieving a stream of personal income. If there is any problem here, it is with me, for asking too many questions. Don't you know what happens to people who know too much?

The Combine's afoot!

"You, too, can work from the comfort of your own home.. in your pyjamas! Leave the rat race behind! Be your own boss! Set your own hours! Your earnings potential is limited only by your.... imagination ?"
― Various

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

― George Orwell

“If you've been playing poker for half an hour and you still don't know who the patsy is, you're the patsy.”
― Warren Buffett

“Men (people) are rarely aware of the real reasons which motivate their actions.”

It is quite simple.

If Topstep are currently doing OK in their business, they are obviously doing so without audits. I am sure you can understand that.

Perhaps all of their customers are simply dumber that you & Tar. Perhaps also, I am here to pull the wool over their eyes.

On the other hand, perhaps Topstep don't need audits because they are open about what they do and there is not a plethora of people telling them "I'll join if I see an audit".

Proof of the pudding is that Topstep are still around without audits. As much as a couple of guys on a small English internet forum think it's an outrage, that is a minority opinion.

At the end of the day one of the benefits most trades find about a combine is that it gives them more skin in the game than SIM trading and less risk than live trading.

For the sake of $200 or whatever it is, you have to trade properly, you have someone breathing down your neck, you have someone telling you that you are risking too much.

More of the same, from breadcrumbs on the brain

Took a long time to get that response. Was it necessary to CONSULT A BARRISTER to help you draft it, Toastie?

Skin in the game, that's a good one..:cheesy: More ridiculous metaphors and smoke blowing. Why would anyone want to risk THEIR skin in YOUR game? :LOL:

But NO claim that any Funded Traders are actually making enough money to support themselves. That is the one thing you never hear about. Even in the one year follow up interviews with Funded Traders, where they discuss their continuing self development with HOAG, the master of ceremonies who provides the authentic, old time Chicago atmosphere.. but nothing of substance.

That issue of anyone having progressed to generating consistent income has been very carefully and intentionally unaddressed (due to LEGAL ADVICE?) in the preceding post, which instead, emphasized the benefits to the Eloi of paying for participation in the Combine GAME and CHAT ROOM.

Most reasonable people would interpret the unwillingness to address this issue as conceding that my position is correct. Check. Your move. It SHOULD BE a simple matter to refute my contention, so...
"Where's The Beef? " -Dave Thomas

Just keep hammering away with your Topstep keywords. Repeat any lie often enough...:clap:
I thought that successful trading requires a pragmatic, evidence based, skeptical mindset, like that of an experimental scientist.. or poker player. Not the gullibility that you [Peter? Michael? knock knock, who's there?] seem to demand.

The fact that "they [Topstep] are still around" does not show that any Funded Traders are making any money. It confirms that there are a lot of gullible and vulnerable people being PREYED UPON. How do you feel about taking advantage of them, Peter? Does that give you a good feeling?

For all of the smoke blowing and nonsensical pro sports, milk carton, and self development mantras, my working hypotheses at this time are:
  • This is a subscription based revenue model and there is no recruiting.
  • Participation in the subscription funded chat room is encouraged by implied claims of earning potential that does not exist. The operators word the terms of service to avoid being held liable for fraud by regulatory agencies, whilst the possibilities of success are implied based on what hopeless, underfunded, would-be traders would WANT to believe. The implications are spread by hearsay propagated in Webinars and Forums, but cannot be nailed down in any contractual language regarding participation in THE COMBINE.
    ― Various
  • There are NO Funded Traders supporting themselves financially from trading of Patak equity.

Why exactly has Dionysus Toast become the Designated Surrogate for Michael Patak? My former high level of respect for Peter Davies has gone down the crapper. http://www.snopes.com/business/names/crapper.asp

Last edited:
Reactions: tar
So you are not a big fan of top step then? Shirley top step have funded some traders who have done alright.

Took a long time to get that response. Was it necessary to CONSULT A BARRISTER to help you draft it, Toastie?

Skin in the game, that's a good one..:cheesy: More ridiculous metaphors and smoke blowing. Why would anyone want to risk THEIR skin in YOUR game? :LOL:

But NO claim that any Funded Traders are actually making enough money to support themselves. That is the one thing you never hear about. Even in the one year follow up interviews with Funded Traders, where they discuss their continuing self development with HOAG, the master of ceremonies who provides the authentic, old time Chicago atmosphere.. but nothing of substance.

That issue of anyone having progressed to generating consistent income has been very carefully and intentionally unaddressed (due to LEGAL ADVICE?) in the preceding post, which instead, emphasized the benefits to the Eloi of paying for participation in the Combine GAME and CHAT ROOM.

Most reasonable people would interpret the unwillingness to address this issue as conceding that my position is correct. Check. Your move. It SHOULD BE a simple matter to refute my contention, so...

Just keep hammering away with your Topstep keywords. Repeat any lie often enough...:clap:
I thought that successful trading requires a pragmatic, evidence based, skeptical mindset, like that of an experimental scientist.. or poker player. Not the gullibility that you [Peter? Michael? knock knock, who's there?] seem to demand.

The fact that "they [Topstep] are still around" does not show that any Funded Traders are making any money. It confirms that there are a lot of gullible and vulnerable people being PREYED UPON. How do you feel about taking advantage of them, Peter? Does that give you a good feeling?

For all of the smoke blowing and nonsensical pro sports, milk carton, and self development mantras, my working hypotheses at this time are:
  • Participation in the subscription funded chat room is encouraged by implied claims of earning potential that does not exist. The operators word the terms of service to avoid being held liable for fraud by regulatory agencies, whilst the possibilities of success are implied based on what hopeless, underfunded, would-be traders would WANT to believe. The implications are spread by hearsay propagated in Webinars and Forums, but cannot be nailed down in any contractual language regarding participation in THE COMBINE.
  • There are NO Funded Traders supporting themselves financially from trading of Patak equity.

Why exactly has Dionysus Toast become the Designated Surrogate for Michael Patak? My former high level of respect for Peter Davies has gone down the crapper. http://www.snopes.com/business/names/crapper.asp

Surely what?

"Shirley [sic] top step have funded some traders who have done alright."

Based on what? Your wishful thinking? The fact that nobody ever answered this question? The question that must not be asked, and will not be answered, about the Contest of Skill that leads to the chance to enter another Contest of Skill?
Are we traders, or have we been assigned to be sheep? Do you think Archie Bunker would have taken this on faith?
Where's the beef? Who invited Shirley? Where is Laverne?
Are Laverne and Shirley NFL Football Players? What year Combine were they in?

Why was it necessary to quote the entire post, if I might ask?
What ever happened to The King's English? Apparently you do not share my pride in our language.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_English_language

"I cannot see, however why we should expect to find a "scouting firm" which will altruistically search for, and fund, aspiring futures traders; surely the possibilities of profits from the subscriptions of those with skin in the game justifies the time and effort required to cultivate the illusion." :rolleyes:
Humpty Dumpty, 1931

Last edited:
"Shirley [sic] top step have funded some traders who have done alright."

Based on what? Your wishful thinking? The fact that nobody ever answered this question? The question that must not be asked, and will not be answered, about the Contest of Skill that leads to the chance to enter another Contest of Skill?
Are we traders, or have we been assigned to be sheep?
Where's the beef? Who is Shirley? Where is Laverne?
Why was it necessary to quote the entire post, if I might ask?
What ever happened to The King's English? Apparently you do not share my pride in our language.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_English_language

Why so angry? U done a bag on a combine.

Nope - I have a life.

And there are no claims that their live traders have 2 arms and 2 legs. Doesn't mean it's not so.

Honestly, you are being silly now. You think a member replies after a while, it's because they tool legal advice?

All you are doing here, is jumping to conclusions - about Topstep, about me, about a fictional legal team dropping in to craft forum replies.

Actually most reasonable people wouldn't be drawing conclusions based on scant evidence EITHER WAY.

Correct - but having no evidence to support something that is counter to your own conspiracy theory does not make your conspiracy theory correct.

Again, accusations now that I am preying upon people. Would you like to back that up with some evidence?

Well - I'll sure lose a lot of sleep over that. :rolleyes:

BTW - My next reply will be only to someone that displays having an IQ over 50.

Another frothing from the mouth post from "Mr Fantasy" full of accusations and imaginary legal teams will not be deemed worthy of a reply.

QBGX - I leave you to have the last (10,000) words.