Top 3 Spread Betting Firms

the blades said:
aye, twas my point - £10 per pt is above what a lot of spreadbetters are after.

Out of interest, how much do they charge for FTSE 350 companies? (If you're not a "frequent" trader)

Cheers,
UTB
sorry only use for ft 100 futures myself. i only trade ft futures and usa index futures

Last edited:
are you comparing a futures broker with spread betting? There is no income tax in betting, it's a lot more advantageous. It's not brilliant for scalping due to spread, but let's face it how many scalpers will be still trading after 1 year or perhaps even 1 month? Not many. Much better to pay a wider spread, hold for a wider swing and pay 0 tax on earnings. CS is good for S&P500 (0.4 spread), can't really comment on anything else. Eur/Usd I find a bit too wide @ 8 pips, but then again these is a tax advantage. Can't really complain

romik said:
are you comparing a futures broker with spread betting? There is no income tax in betting, it's a lot more advantageous. It's not brilliant for scalping due to spread, but let's face it how many scalpers will be still trading after 1 year or perhaps even 1 month? Not many. Much better to pay a wider spread, hold for a wider swing and pay 0 tax on earnings. CS is good for S&P500 (0.4 spread), can't really comment on anything else. Eur/Usd I find a bit too wide @ 8 pips, but then again these is a tax advantage. Can't really complain
use both myself. spreadbetting futures betting. ib for usa futures. would use fbetting for both but spread of 4 on dow futures to high.

Hi I am a newby and I use finspreads. It seems fine to me, though I have read that some folks don't like it. I have also just opened an account with city index, just in case finspreads give trouble when I want to bet. I havn't used city index yet so can give no opinion on them.

splorff said:
Hi I am a newby and I use finspreads. It seems fine to me, though I have read that some folks don't like it. I have also just opened an account with city index, just in case finspreads give trouble when I want to bet. I havn't used city index yet so can give no opinion on them.

I'm afraid that CIty have bought Finspreads so you're unlikely to find them that different.

Good luck though,

Christmas gifts

A couple of years ago my spreadbet company sent me a case of wine for Christmas - totally unexpected, but actually very much appreciated.

I did't get anything last year, and so far not again this year. Has anyone else had anything?

Regards

Ben

RunTheNumbers said:
A couple of years ago my spreadbet company sent me a case of wine for Christmas - totally unexpected, but actually very much appreciated.

I did't get anything last year, and so far not again this year. Has anyone else had anything?

Regards

Ben

...still not received a Christmas gift. Obviously I'm not important enough! :D

Ben

RunTheNumbers said:

Regards

Ben
I guess it depends on if you win or lose. If you are heavy on the losing side this year, something might turn up just before Christmas. :D

gle101 said:
I guess it depends on if you win or lose. If you are heavy on the losing side this year, something might turn up just before Christmas. :D

Like a winner perhaps? ;)

I used to receive a Xmas card from Finspreads, City and IG. The only SB card I received so far this year was from Cantor :cry:

They do not send out Christmas cards anymore....only those dreadful and politically correct "happy holidays" cards

RunTheNumbers said:
A couple of years ago my spreadbet company sent me a case of wine for Christmas - totally unexpected, but actually very much appreciated...

Ben

How much did you lose? :LOL:

romik said:
How much did you lose? :LOL:

Very cynical if I may say so! :cheesy:

Actually I think I had been a moderate winner that year.

This year I have won quite a lot.

...Perhaps you're right after all

Regards

Ben

Christmas card from CS last year....If i remember rightly....a distant mountain range had the appearance of the close line of the dow for that year....I needed a break :(

Visaria said:
Electronic Xmas card/email from CS. Does that count?

I got that too.

I also got a bottle of vintage port. Not quite the case of wine from a couple of years ago but still much appreciated. :D

Ben