Top 3 Spread Betting Firms

RunTheNumbers said:
A couple of years ago my spreadbet company sent me a case of wine for Christmas - totally unexpected, but actually very much appreciated.

I did't get anything last year, and so far not again this year. Has anyone else had anything?

Regards

Ben

Got a nice wooden case of 4 bottles of decent(ish) wine with cork screw from one of my brokers- very nice!

CT

yep, capital spreads spent a pip on me and sent me a bottle of port :)

IG index took me and my business partner for a slap up lunch

and interbank FX took me for a visit to the cleaners!

fxwinner22 said:
yep, capital spreads spent a pip on me and sent me a bottle of port :)

IG index took me and my business partner for a slap up lunch

and interbank FX took me for a visit to the cleaners!

Lol! :cheesy:

iii-investor

Would like anyones thoughts on iii-investor as a spreadbetting firm. I have used them since starting 6 weeks ago and have found their platform very easy to use and can place an order, stop and limit on one ticket. You can also link tickets so you can hedge within a channel and OCO. However, I have found their spreads a bit larger than CMCs at times and their margins are very high e.g. 10% on BP, 15% on RIO. Though perhaps that is not such a bad thing at the current time as it does provide a higher level of risk mgt for me and them. The other bad thing is that your stop is activated at their price and not the market price which I hate because of the potential of them minipulating it. Havent seen this as yet, but it does worry me.

Thoughts anyone?

Hi DaddyDude

Be careful with iii-investor for spreadbetting. It did happen to me last week (monday, 08/12) with my ISYS position (short). My stop loss was 151 but it was filled at 280! When I rang them up, I spoke to Nick who doesn't seem to know much because he kept putting me on hold to ask someone else. He confirmed to me that there were a few orders at 280 thus why my order was filled. I took it for a few days then I rang them up again on Thursday to ask for clarification and close my account if this is the case. This time I spoke to Fiona who knows things, and she confirmed that 280 was "a bit harsh" as it is way beyond the spread they said they'd use. I was allowed to close my position at 151 and get my money back. Fiona said to me that whatever price they've got from the cash market (ie real FTSE trading floor), they'll add their spread and this is the price you get.

I will still trade with iii simply because their interface is much simpler compared to CMC - with CMC you can't amend your orders, you must cancel previous active orders and put in new ones. With iii you can just amend your orders without needing to cancel previous ones. Another thing I like with iii is their chart - allows you to use up to 3 MAs, CMC only allows 1 MA.

best of luck!

Interactive Investor looks like it is a white label of FinSpreads. Am I right?

So who are the top 3 then? I'm a novice to all of this, I guess the ones with the dedicated platforms are usually better, but are they manipulating the price versus the ones with the web based!? It's all so confusing. How about a SB firm with real prices, platform and web-based and works with XP/vista and mac? I'm I just searching for perfection!?

So who are the top 3 then? I'm a novice to all of this, I guess the ones with the dedicated platforms are usually better, but are they manipulating the price versus the ones with the web based!? It's all so confusing. How about a SB firm with real prices, platform and web-based and works with XP/vista and mac? I'm I just searching for perfection!?
i would say

1-Futuresbetting
2-Capital spreads

they are the only spreadbetting accounts i have had