Too Loose to Lose?

Markus,

"Thinking". Brilliant. That brightened up my weekend.

Split,

"es" rather than "s". Similarly, why the French use "escargot" as opposed to "snails", don't you think?

Grant.

Dunno, French sounds even more complicated to me :!: . The Spanish say "caracoles"-:) This language thing is a problem, for sure.

Split

When my wife was learning English I was amused at the way she used to write "Festival" instead of "First of all" Quite an original mistake, I thought, but that was the way she heard it.

Spanish is full of traps and a lot of Spaniards are, really, very backward in their grammar. One common error is the "v" which is pronounced like a "b"
From I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue the other day - Statuette: "what was that you just ate?"

I'm rubbish at learning new languages but I picked up Spanish when I was there more easily than other languages. Every letter is pronounced and the stress is always on the penultimate syllable. When I knew that I felt like a native speaker overnight :)

The thing that makes my blood boil into a frothing rage of howling fury is the Americanisation of British English and how people in their 30s or 40s who've lived in Maidenhead all their lives inexplicably switch at some point from saying "Could I have a cup of tea" to "Can I get a tea", or from "I'll send you an invitation" to "I'll send you an invite", or - and this frankly deserves disembowlement - "How are you?" "I'm good".

At what point does someone decide to switch from the language of their childhood to Friends-speak, and aren't they embarrassed doing it, at least the first time they try it out in public?

Anyway, I'll like quit with the negativity. Laters buddies.

Sup dawg...

damn bitch 2 time me wit that candy grain else i'll pop a cap in yo ass. =

yes please 2 sugars otherwise its too bitter.

ho ho hommie y'all.....

peace.
word.
and if you could see what I can see when I'm cleaning windows.

:cool: