Time To Go Long

It's important to remember, small account(s) have been completely blown in Futures trading because of a over simplified bet that the market must go up. Calling the bottom is just a great way to hand over your lunch money! When people call bottoms, I question it even more and go short.

The market can stay illogical longer than we can stay liquid!

Sharescope Gold is EOD only, most indices, UK sector indices, all UK equities, many commodities, significant currencies, daily market news download, easy charts, significant indicators. Easy to use.

Sharescope Gold is EOD only, most indices, UK sector indices, all UK equities, many commodities, significant currencies, daily market news download, easy charts, significant indicators. Easy to use.

Tomorton,

Thanks for your input, it has really helped me avoid losing a lot of money this week.

Hello Again Traders,
Well got stopped out on longs and with the shorts covered shorts I never got chance to go short due to holiday comotments.
On Friday I went long on Dow SPX and Footsie at 17.10 hrs, it was not the low and did become scared idewhen the dow was playing 600 pts in the minus side when I was long at 560 things got hot under the collar.

The post time to go long has been wrong footed twice and indeed I have lost some cash and made some.
In for the long term now untill 8000 get breached on the DOW.
As allways will be covering the longs on another account intra day to protect myself for any down days. Aslo is a good money management stratogy, it works but dose not give such good returns as one way postions, then again when holding for a poieriod of time its works well.

So how many got slammed intra day with these volitile market conditions ?
Im glad I have been away from the action for a while, feww frightening.

Well 1600 points in the plus so faron the dow.
It has paid of THE BULLS ARE BACK !

Closed All postions at 9700 , see you in a weeks time :) for more market calls

Well I'm still taking a bit of a loss on my trades, I'm down probably £400 on £2k invested. That's pretty awful for 2 weeks trading, but these are tough times I guess. I'm almost certainly over-trading and with commission at £9.95 on both buy and sell + stamp duty - I have to make up a lot of ground before I break even; around 3.5% rise on each £1k trade. Any advice?