Time to consider shorting Man U ??

Hook Shot

With Man U 8pts clear ....... spreadies are forecasting 88pts for The Red Devils.
Chelsea in 04/05 hit 95 ...............
Are we close to getting carried away with Fergie's Boys ? After all there's still 21games to go

Hook Shot (Long time Man U supporter)

Chelsea looked great the other day against Arsenal and if Man u slip up i can see Chelsea steaming in there. I think any injuries would cripple Man u, i don't think we have the depth for a long season.

On the other hand tho we usually crank up after xmas. Its gonna be a great second half.

Short Man u,Never! :LOL: :devilish:

Chelsea all the way.

Man U have a lack of strength in depth and Rooney will probably blow a gasket somewhere along the way.

yacarob1 said:
Chelsea all the way.

Man U have a lack of strength in depth and Rooney will probably blow a gasket somewhere along the way.

Chelsea are stronger on paper but they need to get balance right on their team. Playing with 4 central midfield(Essien,Ballack Lampard and Makelele) denied them width. I think they need to drop one of them. Ballack and Lampard are very similar imo.

How about they play with 3 central midfield and 2 wide players Joe Cole and Robben and either Drogba/Chevchenko. They can play like that against most teams on premiership and change the formation against stronger teams or when they need have to. Plus their football will be more exciting

I think Chelsea team of last year was more effective than this year team so far. Having said they will still win most games with any system than most premiership teams because of so much quality in their squad.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with your comments but my fears are that Manchester United are currently in 5th gear and cruising along in overdrive.

Chelsea haven't even got out of 2nd gear yet and they are still more or less keeping pace.

What happens when Chelsea hit 5th gear ?

BTW I think Shevchenko is a misfit, can't hack it in the Premiership and will go back whence he came sooner rather than later.

A monumental waste of money but I doubt that Abramovich cares that much.

Fancy That!!!

Hook Shot]With Man U 8pts clear .......

Are we close to getting carried away with Fergie's Boys ? After all there's still 21games to go

With lead now down to 2pts within a week - not a bad call
Dodgy xmas period for the devils and chelski could open up a decent lead.

Funnily enough once Wham sacked their manager - an upset seemed more likely.
New manager's tend to have that effect on their first game..... statistically ..... at least so I've heard.

Man Utd all the way - Chelsea do not have a Ronaldo. :cheesy:

Change management in action !

Careful guys....... long way to go and anyway what happens when Ronaldo's golden period ends ?
Can't keep on getting doubles...

Pressure on Larssen me thinks - he has to hit the ground running - he's good enough but what if he misfires ? These guys don't always fit in........ shevchenkkkkkkoooo, ballack....or should we say bxllo# ?

Hook Shot said:

Ballack must be thinking 'why the hell did'nt i go to utd. I'd fit in much better there! Doh' . We'll still take him and for half the price! :LOL:

yacarob1 said:
Man Utd all the way - Chelsea do not have a Ronaldo. :cheesy:

Change management in action !

No they have Didier Drogba
Squeaky bum time for the OT faithfull
Ferguson must be replaced and the search must start asap regardless of whether we eventually win premiership. The fellas done well but it's unfair to keep hammering the old man's heart week after week ! And anyway better he goes whilst the team are "up there" !

I'm agan calling for "Fergies head" ......at least allow him to retire in the post season... double or zero we need to plan for the future......

Chelsea could be on level pegging when they meet reds in the coming weeks........then a win against the Devils ....who knows ? They are already handing the premiership to UTD but it's not over till .........

[Looks like Eriksson goes to Chelsea for 08/09 ? I always thought that would happen....... if it does.]

Random comment - have Chelsea already bought the Champions League Trophy ?

I'm agan calling for "Fergies head" ......at least allow him to retire in the post season... double or zero we need to plan for the future......

Chelsea could be on level pegging when they meet reds in the coming weeks........then a win against the Devils ....who knows ? They are already handing the premiership to UTD but it's not over till .........

[Looks like Eriksson goes to Chelsea for 08/09 ? I always thought that would happen....... if it does.]

Random comment - have Chelsea already bought the Champions League Trophy ?

:LOL:

forgot utd saved West ham from the drop last year and........Wigan is managed by utd old boy.....
funny old game............